***rims/suspension advice... HELP!!!*** - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kleptodathief
***rims/suspension advice... HELP!!!***

hi guys... i got a 2001 v6 coupe...if i get new rims/tires 18 or 17 inches... do i have to lower the cars suspension? or can i just use as is with stock? if i get suspension wat do u reccamend...i mean its not for racing but i don't wanna b cheap...i've looked into TEIN ss and basic... they have one with pillowball mount..wtf is that lol? or do i go with a combo like HR and konig? any advice on how to get my car looking nice with rims/tires/suspension mod at a reasonable price? atleast 2gs i figure the minimum thanx
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 29th, 2005, 08:02 AM   #2
Butta

Send a message via AIM to POLOFOLK
When i bought my car all it had was some cheap lowering springs...And the car to this day rides realy rough... I am positive i have blown all the stock shocks, thats why I am about to put some aftermarket shocks (TOKICO ILLUMINA) on this week. Early this month I put 19" rims on my car and the guy at Kauffman tires explained it to me like this.... as long as the offset matches stock you can go as big as the wheelwell will hold. So basicly you can buy any aftermarket lowering-spring cheap, and shocks, that will coast you about 400-500 witch leaves you 1500-1600 for rims and tires... if you get 17" or 18" you can afford a tire package easy. I ordered my rims off Discounttiredirect.com and they sent me 4 lug rims instead of 5 lug. Besides that I got a good deal... First thing you should do is go find some rims you want, and go around to your local shops and see if you can get a deal from any of them.

Gooooooooood Luck
POLOFOLK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 29th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #3
Banned

thanx appreciate the help...im looking at tein or omni power coilovers ...do i have to get the tires/rims first? then coilovers or coilovers first then rims/tires...or does it matter?

Old August 29th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #4
Banned

dam i just relized if i get all the mods i want..its worth more then the dam car!!!! lol...i still need suspension (1g) rims/tires(1.5g),UR crank pulley/timing belt/waterpump,belts done (900partsand labour),mp3 deck(300),alarm and rmote starter(500) ,piaa plasma spark blue(200) bulbs, dam im getting sick... those r cdn prices well almost the price of the car...i bought my car for approx 10g usd... but iv'e had to 'fix' it up bigtime cuz it a lemon...im just praying the tranny doesn die on me soon cuz i got no warranty ...10g + 10g(when im all done)....+4g when tranny blows!!! double dam
Old August 29th, 2005, 09:48 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to erikminamihata
I have Tanabe and they really really good. I went to a meet at eibach and they actually took a new set of tein springs, messured them and then compressed them and then re-messured them and the spring lenght was all off. these are springs off their coil-overs. Tanabe held up and of course their own.
erikminamihata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:30 AM   #6
Butta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleptodathief
thanx appreciate the help...im looking at tein or omni power coilovers ...do i have to get the tires/rims first? then coilovers or coilovers first then rims/tires...or does it matter?
Most guys on here lower their car first from what i have read on here... but either way it dosen't matter...
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:58 PM   #7
NEvans

Send a message via AIM to soldierdude262
wouldn't lowering the car first give you a better idea of what size tire you can run, if you get rims that fill the wheel well then you'll probably rub when you lower the car
soldierdude262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 29th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #8
Butta

As long as the offset is close size wont matter. Rubbing is a issue when you get rims that are 8 inches wide tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in