Someone just hit my car!!!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to portland98v6
Angry Someone just hit my car!!!!

I just walked outside and found out someone hit and run on my car. What is it with owning tons of crappy cars and when you get one you like someone has to hit and run on it. I am at a loss of words...I guess I am getting a body kit now though since the bumper is scratched up and the drivers side quarter panel is all jacked up...I am going to get me some picks on here...waiting for the po po to come and let me right up a police report on this. I so want to go walk through all the neighborhoods and look for a car with white pain that is torn up on one of the front corners....Now I need to find me a ridiculous quote to get it fixed...I only have had this car a couple weeks....oh well....it is what it is
portland98v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2005, 12:43 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
woah man im sorry this happened and that things work out
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2005, 12:51 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Damn that sucks. Karma will get them back, and hopefully help you out. Just one question,
why did you post this in the 6th gen Show Mods section?
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 25th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #4
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PaKiRiCaN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
Damn that sucks. Karma will get them back, and hopefully help you out. Just one question,
why did you post this in the 6th gen Show Mods section?
don't worry about why he posted it here..

and i hope everything ends up working out as well.. best of luck man
PaKiRiCaN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2005, 01:07 AM   #5
4 bangin'

yea, that sucks man, hope it works out.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #6

Not sure why the officer thought that it would be at least 1800 to fix it.. I guess this leaves me a good winter project to work on so I learn a little more about my car and how to work on it.....I think I am going to take it to the dealership to see how much they will charge....Guess this is a blessing in disguise
Old September 25th, 2005, 02:37 PM   #7
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Send a message via AIM to Aztro
Quote:
Originally Posted by portland98v6
I just walked outside and found out someone hit and run on my car. What is it with owning tons of crappy cars and when you get one you like someone has to hit and run on it. I am at a loss of words...I guess I am getting a body kit now though since the bumper is scratched up and the drivers side quarter panel is all jacked up...I am going to get me some picks on here...waiting for the po po to come and let me right up a police report on this. I so want to go walk through all the neighborhoods and look for a car with white pain that is torn up on one of the front corners....Now I need to find me a ridiculous quote to get it fixed...I only have had this car a couple weeks....oh well....it is what it is

Hey what can you say? Not everyone on the road knows how to drive.

You're lucky though. There was this one time on my block where this tow truck slams right into the back of a car and he broke out of there like nothing. My mom heard the boom and was like what the hell and then she told me in the morning and I saw the car that the tow truck hit... wow. The ass was all up in the air.
Aztro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #8
bryan <3's bomex

damn were you parked on the street? couldve been a drunk driver
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #9

Yeah the officer that I filed the police report with figured that it was a drunken driver though and wasn't surprised at all. He says even on the outskirts where I live at least one phantom vechicle hit and run is reported every day. I reported this to my claims office and have a feeling I am going to have to pull teeth to get any sort of resolution to this problem. I drove the car this morning and there is no problems with it, the allignment is great still even when I let go of the steering wheel. When I hit the brakes the car doesn't pull one way or the other it just stays dead straight so at least I got off on that department. I figured all it needs is a new bumper, new headlight which gives the excuse to go to TYC's, and a new fender for the front. Figured I can do the work myself with the help of roommates and friends. Does anyone else have experience in dealing with insurance companies? I am going to get a quote from the Honda dealership tomorrow and see what they will charge me and then go from there. If I decided to do the work on my own will the insurance company still pay out the same or is not worth the hassell. They really want to have a business they have work done through do the repairs. If it matters at all I have State Farm insurance and I am not sure what there reputation is in terms of being easy to work with. If anyone has any information please let me know....
Old September 25th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #10
4 bangin'

well, if youre going to DIY, then just tell them that youre gonna get it installed, unless they would pick a shop and everything for you, like they wont give you the money to go and have it done. cuz thats what im doing with my insurance for my car now, i told them id have to get everything put back in, and i said cuz i dont know how to do any of it, i just like the stuff, haha. when really id only have the door handle, lock, and triangle window done, and i would do everything else.
Old September 29th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #11

All is well now, the adjuster this morning for my insurance just cut me a check for $1400 so I guess I have a new winter project to get started on and a few tools to buy as well.....
Old September 29th, 2005, 05:33 PM   #12
4 bangin'

lucky, i wish my adjust left me with a check when my **** was broken into and stolen.
Old September 29th, 2005, 06:30 PM   #13
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Send a message via AIM to Aztro
All is not well bud. Just because you got that money from your insurance... they'll be sure you pay them back in the near future with a few dollar gains. Also, a car isn't the same once something happens, no matter how good the collosion job is. :/ But hey, its good to hear that something is being done.
Aztro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #14
Unichip R&D Team

Wow man, that sucks. I hope everything goes smoothly trying to get your car fixed.

But on the other hand, Welcome to V6P!! Glad to see there's another member in the northwest chapter. If you need any help with parts or info just send me a PM, my wife and I come down to Portland often. Also I have an extra rear bumper for the AV6 I also have side skirts.
platinum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #15

Yeah it is good to find more people in the area....I just found myself out by PDX at Horsepower Freaks and spent a little money on a full body kit and went a little overboard but its all good though...rather spend the money all at once and save some on shipping than piece by piece....
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #16
Unichip R&D Team

Quote:
Yeah it is good to find more people in the area....I just found myself out by PDX at Horsepower Freaks and spent a little money on a full body kit and went a little overboard but its all good though...rather spend the money all at once and save some on shipping than piece by piece....
For sure. What mods do you have on your AV6?
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:23 PM   #17

Just an intake for now, but it is a baxter auto parts special intake so im not sure what good it does really other than make noise....
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:24 PM   #18
Unichip R&D Team

Quote:
Just an intake for now, but it is a baxter auto parts special intake so im not sure what good it does really other than make noise....
haha... right on, what are your plans?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in