Bright white/blue headlight bulbs? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2003, 05:55 AM   #1

Bright white/blue headlight bulbs?

anyone know of good white/blue tint headlight bulbs?
I really dun have $$ for HID kit...

anyone got picture of APC super whites?
or any better brand recommended?
how about MTEC super whites?

Thanks !
fussion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2003, 11:00 AM   #2
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
I bought some KOBA headlights from ebay its really white with a blueish tint to it its rated at 4800 lumens i recommend that one its cheap too.
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2003, 11:54 AM   #3
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
4800 lumens eh? that's so high.... i htink some hids are that.... maybe u meant temp?
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 7th, 2003, 09:25 PM   #4
DTB

Quote:
Originally posted by DV8 on July 7th, 2003 at 12:54 PM

4800 lumens eh? that's so high.... i htink some hids are that.... maybe u meant temp?
DV8, I seriously doubt they are 4800 lumens, maybe the color temperature is 4800K. A 4100K D2S has 3200 lumens, a D2R will have 2800 lumens. A blue tinted halogen bulb will normally have less than a standard OEM 55 watt bulb which has 1100 lumens. A blue tinted bulb will have anywhere between 850-1000 lumens due to the blue tinted filter the light has to travel through. The deeper the color, the lower the lumen count will be. A high color temp HID bulb such as a 8000K will be incomparison to a blue tinted halogen bulb.

Here again are some photos of the difference between the two that I posted a long time ago on the old site.

HID 4100K

HID 8000K
DTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2003, 09:55 PM   #5
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
hmmm the second pic looks like my old HIDs.... they were rated at 11000K.... all dim and ****
Old July 7th, 2003, 10:07 PM   #6

Send a message via ICQ to Redline Send a message via AIM to Redline
the first pic looks like a lexus judging by the gauge cluster.
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2003, 11:42 PM   #7
DTB

Quote:
Originally posted by Redline on July 7th, 2003 at 11:07 PM

the first pic looks like a lexus judging by the gauge cluster.
This photo is of a modified Civic with donated Lexus IS300 headlight fixtures with all sort of other mods. So, yes you are correct some what. Very good eye you have though..

I am highly impressed...
Old July 7th, 2003, 11:48 PM   #8
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
damn, i was going to ask how they got the white indiglos, but then you said it was a civic, im getting the hyperwhite led kit from entcee and wanted to find white indiglos.....
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2003, 11:50 PM   #9
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
oh and piaa bulbs are a good way to go without forking over the money for hids
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2003, 09:25 AM   #10
Old Member

this is what im talking about its 4800k not 4800 lumens my bad
Old July 8th, 2003, 11:42 AM   #11
Senior Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Blazin036
screw the blue look get silverstarts
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2003, 04:16 PM   #12
DV8
Hella Functional

anyone know much about these?

it looks very promising, but u'll probably have to upgrade ur headlight harness
[\img]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2422557558
Old July 8th, 2003, 04:24 PM   #13

Send a message via ICQ to edge genius Send a message via AIM to edge genius Send a message via Yahoo to edge genius
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2422795034

I bought these off ebay. They look and work awesome.
edge genius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2003, 04:42 PM   #14
DV8
Hella Functional

So expensive! is it worth that 40 dollar price tag?

Last edited by DV8; July 8th, 2003 at 04:47 PM..
Old July 8th, 2003, 04:54 PM   #15
DTB

Before installing a high wattage bulb into the housing, I would highly recommend installing a upgraded wire harness. This is a small piece of insurance that could save you money in the long run. Save your OEM headlight switch from maybe becoming a problem

Here is a post I replied to from a while back. It is about wire harnesses and high wattage bulbs.

Look for my post on this site. I talked about high wattage bulbs.

http://www.v6accord.com/forums/showt...t=wire+harness

Hope this helps,
Old July 8th, 2003, 06:38 PM   #16
Old Member

damn 5500k
Old July 8th, 2003, 06:52 PM   #17
AKA brockav6 :)

Send a message via AIM to b rockav66
Im using XD5 5100k 9006 bulbs for my low beam i got it from ebay, and they work very good, the wattage is high but the seller said that i have nothing to worry about..........I had them for like 3 or 4 months........Still going strong
b rockav66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #18
DV8
Hella Functional

how many watts is the bulb??
Old July 9th, 2003, 11:08 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to SOHCit2me
Unhappy

i've tried the silverstars. didn't like em, looked like stock..
SOHCit2me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2003, 08:51 AM   #20
Old Member

theyre yellowish with a little bit of blue in them
Old July 10th, 2003, 09:18 PM   #21
DV8
Hella Functional

Quote:
Originally posted by DTB on July 8th, 2003 at 06:54 PM

Before installing a high wattage bulb into the housing, I would highly recommend installing a upgraded wire harness. This is a small piece of insurance that could save you money in the long run. Save your OEM headlight switch from maybe becoming a problem

Here is a post I replied to from a while back. It is about wire harnesses and high wattage bulbs.

Look for my post on this site. I talked about high wattage bulbs.

http://www.v6accord.com/forums/showt...t=wire+harness

Hope this helps,
quick question, there are 2 kinds of harness out there. One iwth a relay to the battery to get power, another that just attaches to the stock harness, like theo nes sold on ebay.

Do we really need to buy the 40 dollar one that has a relay and goes to the battery?
Old July 10th, 2003, 09:48 PM   #22
DTB

Quote:
Originally posted by DV8 on July 10th, 2003 at 10:18 PM

quick question, there are 2 kinds of harness out there. One iwth a relay to the battery to get power, another that just attaches to the stock harness, like theo nes sold on ebay.

Do we really need to buy the 40 dollar one that has a relay and goes to the battery?
DV8, pulling power directly from the battery to run any aftermarket accessory that consumes more power than OEM is the best way IMO to install any item. OEM wires are not disigned to handle extra power. They are rated at a specific amount. Electrical diagnosing problems on an automobile is very expensive and time consuming. Spending the extra money now could save you from spending more in the long run. Many may disagree with me, but this is my firm belief. Buying a harness which simply relies on the existing power supply being supplied is a waste of money, being that you do not have any extra benefit except for making your pocket a little lighter. Buy a harness that pulls power directly from your battery is better, besides, doing it this way will save your OEM switch in the car from trying to supply over wattage bulbs that extra power. This will over time shorten the switch's lifespan. Even with a relay system installed there is a small spike of power that is still sent back to the OEM switch, but the stress placed on the OEM switch without a relay is greatly increased.

Just my opinion,
Old July 10th, 2003, 11:20 PM   #23
DV8
Hella Functional

Quote:
Originally posted by DTB on July 10th, 2003 at 11:48 PM

DV8, pulling power directly from the battery to run any aftermarket accessory that consumes more power than OEM is the best way IMO to install any item. OEM wires are not disigned to handle extra power. They are rated at a specific amount. Electrical diagnosing problems on an automobile is very expensive and time consuming. Spending the extra money now could save you from spending more in the long run. Many may disagree with me, but this is my firm belief. Buying a harness which simply relies on the existing power supply being supplied is a waste of money, being that you do not have any extra benefit except for making your pocket a little lighter. Buy a harness that pulls power directly from your battery is better, besides, doing it this way will save your OEM switch in the car from trying to supply over wattage bulbs that extra power. This will over time shorten the switch's lifespan. Even with a relay system installed there is a small spike of power that is still sent back to the OEM switch, but the stress placed on the OEM switch without a relay is greatly increased.

Just my opinion,
thanks DTB, just out of curiosity, what do u think is one of the best aftermarket HID look alike bulbs?

I'm trying to get a set for my friend's bday. I'm thinking of Mtec, like the ones on ebay. I don't really wanna buy the 70 dollar PIAA set. Do u have any good suggestions?
Old July 11th, 2003, 03:04 PM   #24
DTB

Quote:
Originally posted by DV8 on July 11th, 2003 at 12:20 AM

thanks DTB, just out of curiosity, what do u think is one of the best aftermarket HID look alike bulbs?

I'm trying to get a set for my friend's bday. I'm thinking of Mtec, like the ones on ebay. I don't really wanna buy the 70 dollar PIAA set. Do u have any good suggestions?
DV8, this is a quote I made from another thread, but I think it will answer your question.

"The premium lamps will look more like a stock bulb but brighter, not a lot of hyperwhite effect to it. With either of these bulbs you wouldn't need a wiring harness, they are the same voltage and wattage as the OEM bulb. A 100% interchangeable with a standard 9006 halogen lamp.

The blue vision actually doesn't look to be that bad I would think, seems like from the picture that it has a very light coating of blue, but it is a blue tinted bulb, so the output is theoritically going to be less than a stock bulb because of the blue tinted lens. I haven't dealt with the blue vision personally, but I have dealt with blue tinted bulbs before, some are worst than others (SOLORA bulbs are terrible). But the blue vision will make road signs reflect better, but less usable light for driving compared with a standard lamp. How much light they produce is a guess for you and me. I don't have any numbers on these. Still seems like it wouldn't be that bad since it seems to have a light blue coating and it that means they will have that bluish hue effect that I think you are looking for. The output is going to depend on how blue the tint is.."

For $17.20/bulb, I don't think that is too bad considering some bulbs cost $40.00/bulb. The blue vision or any other standard wattage bulbs will not require a different wire harness. The harness is mainly for higher wattage bulbs

Here is the thread about this:
http://www.v6accord.com/forums/showt...&highlight=hir

Let me know if I can help you anymore,

Last edited by DTB; July 11th, 2003 at 03:23 PM..
Old July 11th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #25
Old Member

heres what the KOBA bulbs look like
Old July 11th, 2003, 07:27 PM   #26
DV8
Hella Functional

hahaha, i read that one already

saw it in the other post

where did u get the koba bulbs?
Old July 11th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #27
Old Member

ebay, its pretty cheap too like 7 bucks or something
Old July 15th, 2003, 03:41 PM   #28

Just keep in mind that a high K rating on halogen just mees a deeper tint... no halogen can actually go that high in Kelvin. The tungston filament would vaporize.

We've had a lot of success with our Catz line of halogen bulbs. They have dyed glass instead of a tinted film so less light is lost.

THey are stock wattage so you don't burn up your wires or housings. You don't want stuff like this happening:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
liteswap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2003, 09:41 PM   #29
DV8
Hella Functional

Do u have any for sale?
Old July 15th, 2003, 10:55 PM   #30

There is a constant sale here... 10% off anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
liteswap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in