Nokya - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2005, 11:49 PM   #1

Nokya

i was wondering how much the nokya 100 watt arctic white bulbs go for? Its the one that has stage 2 on it
madaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 8th, 2005, 11:55 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Akord02
save your money and get HIDs...
Akord02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2005, 01:10 AM   #3
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

dont buy bulbs...its just a waste of money...if you want performance out of your lighting system get an HID system of retrofit... HID look alike bulbs burn out easy and your 30 bucks is burnt up pretty useless
99cfENVYv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 9th, 2005, 05:21 AM   #4

youre risking melting your harness using 100 watt bulbs.

if you want more light, try a 9005-9006 conversion
janiVI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2005, 11:37 PM   #5

theres is really a big risk when u use a 100watt bulb? and i don't have enough money for hids
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaccord
theres is really a big risk when u use a 100watt bulb? and i don't have enough money for hids
HId is always better than regular bulbs, but just to answer your question, its around 25 on ebay. 100 watts will melts your hardness. you will have to upgrade your hardness also if you going to buy the bulbs.
blackonchrome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:37 PM   #7
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
i have Nokyas on my car and been had then since when i bought my car .. then i switched the nokyas on my projectors and then back to oem blackhousings ..nothing has happened to me ..

But now I just want a retrofit cuz its bling : ]
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:04 PM   #8
POSSIBLE FRAUDULENT SELLER

Send a message via AIM to maying856 Send a message via MSN to maying856
I agree, Ive gone through 4 pairs of H1 "HID Looking" bulbs in about a year. And I now regret it because that rounded me up to about 160 dollars, so when I think about it, for another 150 i could get a nice HID kit and not worry about having crappy bulbs that look like HID's and then burning out every 2 months. So you do the math, just save up for an HID kit, those bulbs will cost you so much more in the long run.
maying856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM   #9
4 bangin'

whats a good HID kit thats actually quite affordable (for HID's) and im thinking something around 4000k or 5000k, something with a blueish tint. cuz i like the extra lighting from these fake hid bulbs, but im sick of my passenger side ones exploding and then me having to redo my blackhousing from the hot glass melting the plastic and sh!t when they blow up, hahahahaha. anyway, so ive been thinking of going HID in the stock housings, i dont want a retrofit or wanna buy TYC's, just wanna have good lighting from the stocks.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2006, 12:04 AM   #10
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
ummm i put nokyas on my mommy's car and theyre okay...but i think i put in stage 1...umm, but i had lumanics in my car for over a year, and the wiring is fine. now im in HIDs and lets just say...you'll wish you saved up for HIDs...

stage 1: bright bulbs
stage 2: HID conversion
stage 3: retrofit
stage 4: the sun...(actually i think doing a retrofit gives you the best light output for your car)
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #11
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch o5
whats a good HID kit thats actually quite affordable (for HID's) and im thinking something around 4000k or 5000k, something with a blueish tint. cuz i like the extra lighting from these fake hid bulbs, but im sick of my passenger side ones exploding and then me having to redo my blackhousing from the hot glass melting the plastic and sh!t when they blow up, hahahahaha. anyway, so ive been thinking of going HID in the stock housings, i dont want a retrofit or wanna buy TYC's, just wanna have good lighting from the stocks.
OH WHAT?! they blew up and melted your headlamp? my friend had her lights blow up on her RSX, but it never melted anything...dang thats crazy scary...was it a pain to get all the little blue pieces out and stuff? haha
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 01:58 AM   #12

i put nokyas on my car, so far so good, about how long did it take for the harness to melt, knock wood, *hopes nothing happens*.
Old January 16th, 2006, 02:04 AM   #13
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidaznmunkey
stage 1: bright bulbs
stage 2: HID conversion
stage 3: retrofit
stage 4: the sun...(actually i think doing a retrofit gives you the best light output for your car)
that's exactly how i gone through... i'm still currently at stage 3, but waiting to be at stage 4.

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 08:16 AM   #14
4.0L

STAGE TREEE YO! JAY DEEE EMMMMMM! =P

I'm working on stage 4....I threw out my TSX retro and am now working with NASA at the Kennedy Space Center in Houston, TX on how to harness a piece of the sun to put in my headlights. The only problem is wiring a switch to turn those beasts off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VietNinjaJ30A1
2000 Honda Accord V6 Supercharged
Official Slammed Club Member #36 (Stage 1)
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 08:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1
STAGE TREEE YO! JAY DEEE EMMMMMM! =P

I'm working on stage 4....I threw out my TSX retro and am now working with NASA at the Kennedy Space Center in Houston, TX on how to harness a piece of the sun to put in my headlights. The only problem is wiring a switch to turn those beasts off.
its easy...just create your own solar system inside the headlights....
pjk208 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #16
Registered V-tec Monster

Send a message via AIM to akordman
...well u kno what sux? HID is illegal in GA now....**** Perdue
akordman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #17

I dont kno how long that will last cause more and more new cars are coming with them standard. just say they came on your car from the factory
98exaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:30 AM   #18
4.0L

^^ that would actually be easy to accomplish...if they don't check your vehicle specs. just get TYCs...do the valeo retro...and then swap the lens from a pair of OEM headlights so they say "HONDA", "STANLEY" and "DOT" =]...and they look perfectly OEM too =]

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #19
4.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjk208
its easy...just create your own solar system inside the headlights....

DANG! why didn't i think of that?!?! all i'd have to do then is reverse the direction of orbit....THAT WAYYYY when the sun goes down on earth....the sun comes up in my headlights. it'll be perfect...i'm calling NASA right now! i wonder how much a piece of the sun costs....shipping must be a *****....

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #20
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
Quote:
Originally Posted by akordman
...well u kno what sux? HID is illegal in GA now....**** Perdue

most new cars out in the industry today come with High Intensity Discharge headlamps ..

even before too ..

The Caddy CTS's, Nissan 350z's , Bimmers have had them for a long time and so on...

I think the illegal ones are like the conversion kits youbuy from catz which is out of business and stuff .. gyyyyeah ionno hah
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #21
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownz Thrillah
I think the illegal ones are like the conversion kits youbuy from catz which is out of business and stuff .. gyyyyeah ionno hah
yes, it is illegal to put aftermart conversion kits. No where that i have read stated that retrofits are illegal.. i think there was a report or something from the NHHTS (sp?) regarding aftermarket lighting and retrofiting.... forgot it was here or if it was on Hidplanet.com

KIET

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiet
yes, it is illegal to put aftermart conversion kits. No where that i have read stated that retrofits are illegal.. i think there was a report or something from the NHHTS (sp?) regarding aftermarket lighting and retrofiting.... forgot it was here or if it was on Hidplanet.com
well it's a good thing that my special edition 2002 V6 came with OEM HIDs ehh...?
pjk208 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #23
4 bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidaznmunkey
OH WHAT?! they blew up and melted your headlamp? my friend had her lights blow up on her RSX, but it never melted anything...dang thats crazy scary...was it a pain to get all the little blue pieces out and stuff? haha
haha, it didnt like melt it, its just the pieces of glass get hot form the light being on, like the actual bulb for the light, and it would explode (when they get a bubble on them, theyre about ready to blow the f*ck up). since the glass was hot, it wouldnt melt the housing, it would just stick to it, like, put pinpoint dimples in it and stuff. i had to redo my blackhousing on my passengerside once cuz of this, and it just happened again, so ill have to do it again. hopefully by the time its warm enough outside for my to work on my car, ill have a HID kit so i could do it all at once and not have to be scared for my headlight again, haha.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in