Diablo Door System (GT Factory) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2005, 07:51 PM   #1

Diablo Door System (GT Factory)

Has anybody on this forum has this? It opens up to 90deg. compare to the other lambo doors. You think this is worth buying for this Christmas?

Check out the white coupe on the picture. Look at it opens more than the other brands.

Mercedes Benz SL

Last edited by QuizWORX; December 19th, 2005 at 08:16 PM..
QuizWORX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to robbyx_209[9]
not to be an a$$ but do a search, this topic has been discussed already....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by robbyx_209[9]; December 19th, 2005 at 08:08 PM..
robbyx_209[9] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #3

if you get lambo doors, you better get a lambo engine.
Hites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 19th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #4
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
heey alot of members on here have sissor doors haha
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2005, 10:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownz Thrillah
heey alot of members on here have sissor doors haha
Old December 19th, 2005, 10:24 PM   #6
4 bangin'

do a lot of you guys actually not like lambo doors? ive been thinking of getting them in the future, cuz i dont think theyre too bad, but if you guys honestly dont like em, then f*ck that idea, haha.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2005, 10:31 PM   #7
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
i would only buy GT Factory's kit .. look how wide they open .. looks good to me haah
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2005, 10:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch o5
do a lot of you guys actually not like lambo doors? ive been thinking of getting them in the future, cuz i dont think theyre too bad, but if you guys honestly dont like em, then f*ck that idea, haha.
why would you care about what people think??.. f**k them, do what you want... don't listen to the "lambo doors belong on lambos blah blah blah "... lambo doors are part of my future plans for my ride, the GT Factory doors are the one's i'll get...

Last edited by robbyx_209[9]; December 19th, 2005 at 10:50 PM..
Old December 19th, 2005, 11:06 PM   #9
Butta

Send a message via AIM to POLOFOLK
If the car looks stock like in that picture then, no! But if u got a kit and rims, i say ya
POLOFOLK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #10
935WikedAccord

Send a message via AIM to 935DragAccord Send a message via Yahoo to 935DragAccord
I have the GT factory doors they are universal hinge. They're very reliable and full weld on. People who don't like the doors don't have experience and are biased to a 1 minded opinion. You have to have your own opinion. GT-F is unlike a lot of cheap bolt ons they don't fall off or get loose and are very efficient. I know through experience and tested many kits on my cars personally. I own a Honda Accord 02 SE, 05 Accord LX v6, 93 Supra, 00 Toyota Celica, 99 Altima.

With this being said, I use to own a set of VDC hinges and the pump blew, which was a pain to open because of the weak hydrolic shock. After 2 months the shock blew. This was 2 years ago when the hinge was still in the test phase. The hinge fell on my side skirt and damaged my car. It popped a dimple in my front fender because the VDC kit does not provide adjustability and the hinge design is crap. It was a pain to install and roll in the fenders. It also did not go up 90 degrees it only provided 45 degrees of clearance and was a pain to get out.

If you're a real car enthuisiast the only two reputable companies I know are GT-F and WingDoors.com they are the only 2 companies here in SoCal who make serious quality kits. As I've owned a set from all these companies. I have another pair laying around the I took off my Accord it was used for only shows. Let me know if your interested. I bought a custom made one which uses dual hydrolic pumps. with custom ball bearing design which will never blow and use two hydrolic shocks. It's used but is in perfect condition and works great. I don't have the extra money yet to get it welded on my new 05 Accord. I'll let it go for a good deal if you're seriously interested. I purchased it for $1400.00 without tax. Give me an offer if you want pics I also have pics of my Celica with these on. That yellow MR2 is my friend Phils show car. I had to get it welded off my 02 Accord SE since I sold it. That primered Cougar with the is300 conversion is my team mates show car. We got all our cars done there even our widebody Supra.

The one I took off my Accord is the only hinge that will allow you to open the door normally and provides you with the 90degrees lift if you want to open them up vertically. You can open them up normally as well. They sell for around 1200.00 these days w/o welding and tax. I did this project like last year. I don't really prefer bolt ons since the weld on is more reliable. The weld on unit is installed while the facotry hinges are on the car so you get the factory alignment and not a crooked door. This is not a cheap kit and you have to get it welded. If this is not for you then consider the cheap kits that everyone puts on and realize later how different they are. I don't know I guess since I've tried them all I just have experience. Don't let this discourage you. If you need pics I have pics of how custom it is and how they did it on my car. Let me know at [email protected]
935DragAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2005, 01:29 AM   #11

^^ thanks for the helpful insight man... if you don't mind can you email me some pic's of the doors from all angles on your ride?? [email protected] ... i've heard alot about the quality and reliability of this kit but no one on this site even has it on their ride yet (they might have it but it doesn't fit right yet)... and i want to make sure i get the right kit and do everything right the first time before i put anything on... thanks in advance for any pic's/info you can provide

Last edited by robbyx_209[9]; December 20th, 2005 at 01:31 AM..
Old December 20th, 2005, 01:39 AM   #12
say hello to angels..

i want to punch the owner of this car...
BlaCCord Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:22 AM   #13
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
why
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:26 AM   #14
MMMMM....Boost !!!

Send a message via AIM to Wuzkrackin83
doesnt Brex have this kit on his 7th gen ??
Wuzkrackin83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzkrackin83
doesnt Brex have this kit on his 7th gen ??
Yes he did. A search will bring up lots about the GT Factory kit.
Spektor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektor
Yes he did. A search will bring up lots about the GT Factory kit.
did a search... he has no updates on them about clearing his fenders... http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...7&postcount=99
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:40 PM   #17
v not some model, my girl

Send a message via AIM to 99v6sedan
i used to have vertical doors and they were a pain in the ass. i had them when it was just starting to blow up. about 2 years ago. i had them on my daily driver for around 9 months. i do miss them, but i couldnt go anywhere without having 100 people ask me about my damn doors. still have the hinges for sale too.
99v6sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 21st, 2005, 10:59 PM   #18
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
to me their played out. And opening up 90 degrees on that white accord? that does not look good at all. honestly it looks pretty stupid. BUT if lambo doors make u happy, get em by all means. IT IS YOUR CAR and u should fix it up any way u want. I just have a feeling your gonna wanna take em off after every high school kid gets these on his civic.
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in