What kind of lights is the whitest like stock. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2003, 09:17 AM   #1

What kind of lights is the whitest like stock.

Not looking for any kind of hints. Pure white would be nice.

I want to keep my vehicle stock looking. I just can't see anything with the stock bulbs

Should I go for a stronger OEM bulb? I'm looking for a bulb, which actually serves a purpose.
str8bklam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2003, 09:25 AM   #2

4500k HIDs
smokedoutv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #3

damn should of said. non true HID.

Old July 10th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #4

i hear the 9005/9006 swap gives you better lighting. I dont know about the bulbs though, theres alot of threads on here about lights though, do a search.
smokedoutv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2003, 09:52 AM   #5
Gone.

I had PIAA extreme white bulbs. They're pure white. I just got the CATZ 4500k HID kit recently and they're about 10% brighter than my PIAA bulbs.
7thGenAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #6
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
KOBA 4800k you can find it on ebay
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2003, 12:44 PM   #7
bryan <3's bomex

koba's are good
photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
myspace:

hincity:
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #8

mine are hella bright... ask azn10....

mine are apc bulbs too...
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2003, 01:24 PM   #9
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
sylvania silverstars are the best bang for the buck, if you are not serious about getting HID's yet.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 11th, 2003, 01:37 AM   #10

Don't silverstars have that deep blue tint to them?
Old July 11th, 2003, 02:08 AM   #11
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
not mine
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 11th, 2003, 02:23 AM   #12
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally posted by abram2001 on July 10th, 2003 at 03:24 PM

sylvania silverstars are the best bang for the buck, if you are not serious about getting HID's yet.
My friend with his black 2000 SI has these on his car and they are super bright .

How much do these bulbs cost because I can't afford HID's but hate the OEM ones.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2003, 08:46 AM   #13

I have Philips Blue Vision in my car and they aren't bad, since they are about half the price of the silverstars (although I have heard that silverstars are really good). From inside the car you can still see a slight hint of yellow, but still much whiter than stock, and the light output seems to have increased as well. From the outside they look very white, can't really see any yellow at all.

Hope that helps.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 09:01 AM   #14
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
silverstars are not that white at all... it's pretty yellow compared to most Online Aftermarket bulbs.

Silverstars has one of the highest lumens out of all the bulbs. It really lights up ur roads
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2003, 12:41 PM   #15

But silverstars and bluevision (especially silverstar) are still much whiter than stock though, right?

For my blue vision anyways, there is no bluish color in the light ouput at all, more like a white/very slight yellow output, unlike some aftermarket bulbs which can be look pretty blue.

But then those aftermarket bulbs don't really light up the road at all, and more for looks. Depends on what you want I guess, but personally I prefer praciticality/safety over just looks.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 04:14 PM   #16
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
Quote:
Originally posted by drifter on July 23rd, 2003 at 02:41 PM

But silverstars and bluevision (especially silverstar) are still much whiter than stock though, right?

For my blue vision anyways, there is no bluish color in the light ouput at all, more like a white/very slight yellow output, unlike some aftermarket bulbs which can be look pretty blue.

But then those aftermarket bulbs don't really light up the road at all, and more for looks. Depends on what you want I guess, but personally I prefer praciticality/safety over just looks.
I mean, if u look at the silverstars and the regular headlights, u can tell that the silverstars are much whiter. But overall, i think silverstars are the best
Old July 30th, 2003, 08:55 PM   #17
#1 Stunna

Send a message via AIM to hondafan
Silverstars run about $20/bulb. I have PIAA xtreme bulbs in mine and silverstars in my fiance's car. Both are great, though I'm partial to the PIAA's. They are really white. They are bright too but are somewhat lacking in rain/snow as with any aftermarket bulb.
hondafan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2003, 10:26 PM   #18

But don't PIAA xtreme white bulbs run for even more than silverstars?

And I thought silverstars were actually pretty decent in rain/snow, at least better than most other aftermarket bulbs from what I heard, is that really true?
Old July 31st, 2003, 12:13 AM   #19
DV8
Hella Functional

Quote:
Originally posted by drifter on July 31st, 2003 at 12:26 AM

But don't PIAA xtreme white bulbs run for even more than silverstars?

And I thought silverstars were actually pretty decent in rain/snow, at least better than most other aftermarket bulbs from what I heard, is that really true?

Yes, and YES
Old July 31st, 2003, 05:20 PM   #20
#1 Stunna

Send a message via AIM to hondafan
PIAA's run about $60-$70 a pair. Pretty much all aftermarket bulbs suck in rain/snow, but PIAA's and silverstars are better than your run of the mill nokya's, hyper industries, etc. since they don't have the blue coating to decrease light output. Yellow/amber light is best for bad weather. I use a yellow bulb for my high beams. I would get OEM fogs if I had some money and then wouldn't care about the output of the PIAA's during rain. Hell, I would just get HID's but supposedly you won't be able to buy them after 8/15.
hondafan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2003, 01:50 PM   #21
Senior Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Blazin036
i got silver start and they are very bright definaly worth pocketing
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2003, 03:35 AM   #22

I'm going to pick up some silver stars in about two months thanks guys.

What brand turn signals/side mrk and light strips match the silver stars?
Old August 3rd, 2003, 09:16 AM   #23
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

Send a message via AIM to r.j-lo
I thought I heard something about the Silverstars burning out kinda quickly. I dont mind spending the extra cash on the PIAAs, but if the Sylvanias are pretty close to them, I will go that route. Also, do any of those make a 'hyper orange' or one with an orange tint for my turn signal? I just blacked them out and afraid they are kinda hard to see in the housing.
r.j-lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in