Ganador Mirrors ~ BUYERS Beware! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
Exclamation Ganador Mirrors ~ BUYERS Beware!

Today somebody decided to knock off my mirror so for the time being until i get it replaced or fixed. After seeing ezkrzy car if no1 is familar with the name the sick red cl-s. He has Ganador mirrors i was wondering if anyone knows which one he got and i would assume its a bit of custom fabrication to get it to fit since they dont make one for a cl or an accord.

Any help will be apprecaited. I want these mirrors because there nice and not cheap looking like the m3 mirrors off ebay ( no offense to anyone who has them) if someone can help me out ill greatly appreciate it

If so should i just order them for and car and just have my shop custom fit them on



Thanks

Tom
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 10th, 2006, 08:44 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Spyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,972
post a pic of his mirrors. i am too lazy to search for his thread.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Spyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,972










Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old February 10th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Spyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,972
actually i did it. I cant really see his mirrors too good but from what i see I dont like them too much. a lil busy and i am not sure if it'll really flow with the accord. But try to get better pics from him.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2006, 11:48 PM   #5
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
 
MrV6P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali Nomad
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptechV6
Today somebody decided to knock off my mirror so for the time being until i get it replaced or fixed. After seeing ezkrzy car if no1 is familar with the name the sick red cl-s. He has Ganador mirrors i was wondering if anyone knows which one he got and i would assume its a bit of custom fabrication to get it to fit since they dont make one for a cl or an accord.

Any help will be apprecaited. I want these mirrors because there nice and not cheap looking like the m3 mirrors off ebay ( no offense to anyone who has them) if someone can help me out ill greatly appreciate it

If so should i just order them for and car and just have my shop custom fit them on


Thanks

Tom

I also like the Ganador mirrior for the V6P Project Car. For the past 6 months I have been trying to get info on which Ganador set is the closest matchto the 6GenAV6 body style. The lowest price i found for a set is $475.00 for the 93-98 Supra's. I just do not know how much retro-fitting is going to be involved.
MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #6
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
So you think the 93-98s will fit ours?
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Spyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,972
not without serious modification. body line and windshield pitch of the supra very different than the accord.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #8
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
I wonder which ones EZhrazy used
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2006, 01:25 PM   #9
original member!
 
Nittanys1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 7,172
Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptechV6
I want these mirrors because there nice and not cheap looking like the m3 mirrors off ebay
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #10
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
Im sorry if i offended you

THats why i put this in the post when i orignally posted it


Any help will be apprecaited. I want these mirrors because there nice and not cheap looking like the m3 mirrors off ebay ( no offense to anyone who has them)
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2006, 04:56 PM   #11
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
 
MrV6P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali Nomad
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptechV6

. . . Any help will be appreciated. I want these mirrors because there nice and not cheap looking like the m3 mirrors off ebay ( no offense to anyone who has them)


FYI. . . I found a couple of power and manual after-mkt side mirrors specifically made for AV6's at http://www1.sportcompactonly.com/products.aspx?c=41&l=2 that are very reasonably priced! Worth checking out! I just ordered a set for the project car.

MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #12
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
Thanks a lot i picked up a set of Ganador mirrors Power. Also went to the local junk yard picked up a left and a right set of mirrors for 10bucks.

So once finacaly i get stable again im gonna work on them as for fitment goes its gonna take some time
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2006, 09:16 AM   #13
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 29
DJ_Tantoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #14
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
THat looks hot.. Which ones are they for
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM   #15
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 29
its for civics 99 i just grinded the top most part to fit
DJ_Tantoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2006, 04:50 PM   #16
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
thanks soo much. im gonna order them now
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2006, 05:40 PM   #17
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
Do you remerber where you got them and for how much

YOu think the RSX will fit
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #18
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
 
MrV6P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali Nomad
Posts: 1,460
Exclamation Just delivered a so-called M3 Mirror for 98 AV6's that does not fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrV6P


FYI. . . I found a couple of power and manual after-mkt side mirrors specifically made for AV6's at http://www1.sportcompactonly.com/products.aspx?c=41&l=2 that are very reasonably priced! Worth checking out! I just ordered a set for the project car.


After a few days delayed, I finally received the M3 Power mirrors. Unfortunately they do not properly fit my 98 AV6 Coupe! Toby and I after opening the box found the face plate was totally the wrong dimensions measuring 9" x 6 1/2" x 5 1/2" which is more fitting for a sedan. My AV6's side mirror dimensions are 10 3/4" x 8" x 5 1/2". . .

After calling the Sport Compact Only (SCO) customer service dept a few times before getting through, they told me the manufacturer stated to them that their Erebuni M3 Power Mirrors #M3PB3+1113 were designed to fit all Accord Coupes & Sedans yrs from 1990 - 2003. I told them that there was no way one face plate could fit that many different Accord years and body styles. Simply because the Accord sedan and coupe front oem side mirrors have totally different size dimensions. The SCO rep then asked me to take digital pics of face plate and of my AV6 mirror so they could see what I was talking about. . . . Needless to say I was very frustrated at this point, and told her to called any HONDA service/PARTS department to get the proper dimensions for each mirror. The SCO rep then said she would get back with me. . .

Stay tuned for results to this customer service drama case . . .

The one thing I especially dislike is getting the run around and told I do not know what I am talking about, by a person who knows less than I do on the subject matter!

__________________

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strengthen, nor lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of Will.” Vince Lombardi
MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #19
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 236
how can u work for a car parts store and not know, its common sense a single mirror can't fit over a decade of different cars, thats jsut plain stupid
kzystylin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #20
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
 
MrV6P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali Nomad
Posts: 1,460
Red face Fyi . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrV6P

After a few days delayed, I finally received the M3 Power mirrors. Unfortunately they do not properly fit my 98 AV6 Coupe! Toby and I after opening the box found the face plate was totally the wrong dimensions measuring 9" x 6 1/2" x 5 1/2" which is more fitting for a sedan. My AV6's side mirror dimensions are 10 3/4" x 8" x 5 1/2". . .

After calling the Sport Compact Only (SCO) customer service dept a few times before getting through, they told me the manufacturer stated to them that their Erebuni M3 Power Mirrors #M3PB3+1113 were designed to fit all Accord Coupes & Sedans yrs from 1990 - 2003. I told them that there was no way one face plate could fit that many different Accord years and body styles. Simply because the Accord sedan and coupe front oem side mirrors have totally different size dimensions. The SCO rep then asked me to take digital pics of face plate and of my AV6 mirror so they could see what I was talking about. . . . Needless to say I was very frustrated at this point, and told her to called any HONDA service/PARTS department to get the proper dimensions for each mirror. The SCO rep then said she would get back with me. . .

Stay tuned for results to this customer service drama case . . .

The one thing I especially dislike is getting the run around and told I do not know what I am talking about, by a person who knows less than I do on the subject matter!



I just received a call from another SCO Rep (Joe) who informed they re-checked with Erebuni, who admitted they do not make mirrors for the 6th Gen Coupes, only for the sedans. They said they will correct their advertizement, and will also mail me a product return shipment tag.

Before shipping them back I am going to see if someone can make me a custom face plate, because that's all that is needed for the damn thing to fit.

MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #21
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
lol did someone change the topic name..

I will keep this threand updated if i buy them Ganador civic 99 mirrors and get them custom fitted to my car.

which DJ Tanoy has
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 812
if it helps at all, im almost positive he used acura integra type r mirrors
black2001v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #23
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
that helps a lot thankss
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #24
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
 
MrV6P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali Nomad
Posts: 1,460
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptechV6
lol did someone change the topic name..

I will keep this threand updated if i buy them Ganador civic 99 mirrors and get them custom fitted to my car.

which DJ Tanoy has

Yes I changed the title of this thread a bit to reflect the major challenge when getting aft-mkt side mirrors for the 6th Gen Coupes. The face plate has to properly fit otherwise you are looking at installation problems.


MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #25
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
yea. I know its no direct bolt on thing. nothing i seem to buy for my car is.

Ill keep you updated because i just bought the Ganador Mirrors the integra type r ones. Going to have them custom fitted along with some other goodies
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2006, 09:43 PM   #26
Registered V-tec Monster
 
akordman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 348
Send a message via AIM to akordman
hmm.....how much did u pay for them? maybe i'll buy them 4rm you? they'll fit a 99 accord right?
akordman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #27
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
rather not say lol
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On