Exaust Tips - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2006, 06:26 PM   #1
Whoah

Send a message via AIM to mseebs
Exaust Tips

I wanted to get new tips for my accord. I cant really afford an exaust system and I dont really want the car to be loud anyway.

So I was wondering if a set of exaust tips would make any more noise then just the stock?

I was also wondering how far they would actually stick out, I don't want them too much, maybe just a bit further then the stocks.

Something along this line is what im thinking.

mseebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #2
The name is Scott. D:

Send a message via AIM to Whumbachumba Send a message via MSN to Whumbachumba Send a message via Yahoo to Whumbachumba
The tips won't change anything. The least amount of work you'd have to do is get some new axle-backs. Such as the CL-S mufflers.
Whumbachumba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #3
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
you can try some acura TL tips they'll make the rear look a bit better. tips won't make or change the sound of the stock exhaust. if you want a bit of sound try cl-s mufflers, they're not that expensive if you can find a good deal, i've seen some go for $50 for both or so.

here's a pic of the TL tips (sold these to a member here)

here's cls mufflers

if you get cls mufflers just make sure to get them aligned and stuff. easy mod and shouldn't cost more than $50 to install at a muffler shop. i actually prefered the cls mufflers more than the comptechs i had before haha
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 14th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #4
Team Haidabo

Send a message via MSN to taospec
Or you could select a set of tips, and get them welded onto your stock muffler. With that, you could decide on how much you would like to have them stick out. Also, the shop could cut off the part of your OEM muffler tips that point downward, so you could have a clean, and straight pointing tip on there, without looking too cheap. That was another option for me, as well because I do not want lots of sound. Just do not get the resonated tips, and you will be koo.
taospec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #5
4 bangin'

get some of those new accord OEM exhaust tips. they have a screw on the bottom you just tighten with a 10mm socket. i think they look great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2006, 08:23 PM   #6
Whoah

nah, really all i want is something that looks good, doesnt make any huge difference on sound, and wont look way out of place.

i think i got a shop thats gonna weld it on. i think taospec answered my main question though. i just didnt want them to stick out too far.
Old March 14th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #7
4 bangin'

yea, i thin kim gonna get a newer accords tip, cuz i like the way they look. they look just like the one above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2006, 02:11 AM   #8

they are like the TSX tips no?
akabangz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #9

I got Magnaflow stainless tips, $140 Canadian installed, i think there 4 1/2 inch and 6 inches long. Cars a little dirty.

1sykcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #10

i'm not a fan of cutting up my exhaust system for tips and such. Just get a CL-S muffler, you can always switch back to stock if you get tired of 'em.

they're quiet as hell anyway.
timtkwu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtkwu
i'm not a fan of cutting up my exhaust system for tips and such. Just get a CL-S muffler, you can always switch back to stock if you get tired of 'em.

they're quiet as hell anyway.
Whats the difference in cutting your tips? If you don't like them your obviously going to want to replace them. What good is there in putting back a factory muffler to replace a CL-S muffler? there probubly almost the same, and sound the same too. They look the same as stock with a tip on them. HEY!! why not just put tips on your factory exhaust??!!
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:52 PM   #12
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sykcord
Whats the difference in cutting your tips? If you don't like them your obviously going to want to replace them. What good is there in putting back a factory muffler to replace a CL-S muffler? there probubly almost the same, and sound the same too. They look the same as stock with a tip on them. HEY!! why not just put tips on your factory exhaust??!!

um...the cls muffler does not sound like a stock accord...it sounds a lot better even with the premuffler on.

here's a couple videos i made back then...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yWg1r2T8_So

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6tJpzxfvWvI

you get the idea of how the cls sounds.
Old March 16th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #13
Registered Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to bluedevil1550
I got my slant cut stainless steel tips from Wal- Mart a month ago I think they look really good and they dont stick out as much as my old ebay ones. Ill post pics tommorow for you if you want.
bluedevil1550 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #14
Team Haidabo

Walmarts on the Southeast are better than the ones in Cali. They are bigger and have every dam thing a person needs and wants. And have the good stuff, as well. Not just regular old Target stuff. The ones out here seem like big K-marts, or Targets. Same stuff. And don't even have that many groceries, as I've seen out in the Dirtay-dirtay (south).

Btw, thank ya for the sound clips, Lowincash!
Old March 17th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowincash
um...the cls muffler does not sound like a stock accord...it sounds a lot better even with the premuffler on.

Car looks nice man, I like that clean look, as for the mufflers, well i hear a slight hum coming out, but as far as it being better or any different then stock. . . I dunno, i think my intake makes more noise then that. But to each there own i guess, if you want noise get a real muffler, if you want quiet stay with stock. The tone from the CL-S muffler may be noticiable to you and me as were accord owners, but the novice its still stock.
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:37 PM   #16
Team Haidabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowincash

Dp you have any clips of what the car sounds like when driving? Did you have an air intake on, and did you remove any OEM components? Isn't the TL muffler the same dang thing?
Old March 17th, 2006, 11:14 PM   #17
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

here's a clip of my car driving by

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DbqCFZ4s84k

i don't have any aftermarket intake. i have stock intake with resonator on. i also have all my resonators on. it'll be a bit louder without the premuffler but at some point it didn't sound appealing to me lol i think i'm very picky =/

all the videos were taken a long while back since i no longer have this car anymore =/

oh here's another clip

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rltMehu8rXA

Last edited by lowincash; March 17th, 2006 at 11:18 PM..
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #18

I fail to hear any difference what so ever. All i hear is intake, its the same as a factory Honda muffler. really it is.
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #19
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

yea the thing is i don't have an intake...mine is stock...i would take better clips but i no longer have this car anymore =/ trust me there is sound from the mufflers. i've at one point went back to stock and it was butt quiet lol so i put the cls back on again and get a beefier sound. maybe it's my header that makes the engine sound louder?
Old March 19th, 2006, 04:03 PM   #20
Whoah

Well this thread got off topic quickly...

anyway. I went out and got tips from AutoZone, I think they look pretty nice...

They dont overly stick out as much as the picture portrays and they added zero noise which is what I wanted.
Old March 19th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #21

How far out are they? they look like there about 3 - 4 inches past the bumper. nice tips, a little long though don't you think?
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #22

kevin's a biotch!!! lol i seen that vid bfore...anyways that cls muff sound is much better then stock accord sound for sure... wish i cud upload a vid/audio clip of my car...i think mine sounds nice with AEM SRI/megan headers/custom piping Magnaflow CAT , esp when i WOT the car...i gotta let someone drive my car and stand outside to really hear it
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2006, 05:59 PM   #23
Team Haidabo

Is the CL-S muffler the same as the TL muffler? I se a hell of a lot more TL's rolling around than I do the CL-S's. I think I might be able to get a deal on the TL muffler, too.
Old March 20th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #24
Unregistered User

Send a message via AIM to atanarus
Quote:
Originally Posted by taospec
Is the CL-S muffler the same as the TL muffler? I se a hell of a lot more TL's rolling around than I do the CL-S's. I think I might be able to get a deal on the TL muffler, too.
The internals of the CL-S muffler is the same as the TL-S muffler but the tips are different. However, you can easily take the tips off the TL-S muffler and put aftermarket ones on whereas the CL-S tips are permanently welded on. For more CL-S muffler pics and sound clips be sure to check out this thread:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=69623
atanarus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #25
Team Haidabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atanarus
The internals of the CL-S muffler is the same as the TL-S muffler but the tips are different. However, you can easily take the tips off the TL-S muffler and put aftermarket ones on whereas the CL-S tips are permanently welded on. For more CL-S muffler pics and sound clips be sure to check out this thread:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=69623
Thank you, Chief! I like the tips on the TL muffler better. That saves me the agony of cuttin' stuff up again.
Old March 20th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #26
Whoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sykcord
How far out are they? they look like there about 3 - 4 inches past the bumper. nice tips, a little long though don't you think?

maybe about 2 inches out a bit. they actually look really good. my problem is though is my right pipe is bent a bit so the right one has problems staying on. So i think im gonna go get them welded.
Old March 20th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #27
Team Haidabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseebs
Well this thread got off topic quickly...

anyway. I went out and got tips from AutoZone, I think they look pretty nice...

They dont overly stick out as much as the picture portrays and they added zero noise which is what I wanted.
They do look as though they are poking out a bit in the pick. Can you get a shot of the sides? Are those the screw on, or weld on type? If you have the weld on type, it will come out a lot cleaner looking when you finally weld them into place.
Old March 21st, 2006, 01:34 PM   #28
Whoah

They are currently the screw on type. Its kind of annoying since one of my pipes is bent a little bit so the one on the right can fall back a little, but it doesnt fall off the pipe in whole.

Here is the requested side pic.

If you look well enough, you can see the screw on part. The cars pretty dirty too I'd say, its snowing here.

Anyone know if you can take a screw on and still get it welded? The guy at advanceautoparts said it would be bad cause of the metal used to make the tip.
?
Old March 21st, 2006, 03:59 PM   #29
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

i'm pretty sure you can get it welded on...and while welding it on have them align it so it'll be straight and stuff...looking at that picture reminds me of those domestic cars i see with them long exhaust tips hah...mostly mustangs and corvets with those long tips =/
Old March 22nd, 2006, 12:21 PM   #30
Whoah

Ya, I was planning on having them straigten the mufflers out too, so they match better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in