Is there any good double DIN LCD Dvd-CD-mp3 player - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2003, 03:45 PM   #1

Is there any good double DIN LCD Dvd-CD-mp3 player

Do you guys recommend any double-DIN DVD players aside from Eclipse 7301 or Rosen R6500? I really dont like those single-DIN DVD players that pull up since it will cover the controls for the AC on the Accord.

Attach is the picture of the Rosen 6500. Do you have any feedback on this model?
Attached Thumbnails
Is there any good double DIN LCD Dvd-CD-mp3 player-ct_r-6500.jpg  
Injen Intake, Injen Heat Shield, Hayden Transmission Oil Cooler, Denso Iridium Sparkplugs, APEXi WS Cat-back exhaust (single), SPE Helix Throttle Body Spacer, Hyper Ground System, Hyper Voltage System.

Cross-drilled, Eibach Pro-kit Springs, 5Zigen 5ZR 225/40 R18 2pc, Pirelli P-Zero Nero 225/40 R18

Levoc pedal, Razo shift knob, 2002 Accord Head Rest, H.I.D. 10k Headlight, Rosen R6500 Double-DIN DVD/CD/MP3/TV/AM-FM Stereo, NAV Ready

Honda OEM Body kit, Honda OEM Spoiler
QuizWORX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2003, 04:42 AM   #2
___

that looks really nice! What's the cheapest you've seen it go for?

Does anyone know anything about the rosen unit?

Last edited by borinka99; July 17th, 2003 at 06:04 AM..
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2003, 08:41 AM   #3

the HU plus the atenna for the TV Tuner, the head unit need (2) diversity antenna for the TV probably that would cost around $200 or less. Then the interface unit so that the volume controls on the steering wheel will function as it is. Then plus the installation cost.

I havent bargain with the guy yet, I think he can still lower the price or perhaps waive off the tax and installation if I would buy from him.

About the Rosen R6500? He already install the unit on some SUV, he saw how the unit performs, he said the LCD is so sharp and clear, sound is nice... its the best deal ever for an all-in-one system.
Injen Intake, Injen Heat Shield, Hayden Transmission Oil Cooler, Denso Iridium Sparkplugs, APEXi WS Cat-back exhaust (single), SPE Helix Throttle Body Spacer, Hyper Ground System, Hyper Voltage System.

Cross-drilled, Eibach Pro-kit Springs, 5Zigen 5ZR 225/40 R18 2pc, Pirelli P-Zero Nero 225/40 R18

Levoc pedal, Razo shift knob, 2002 Accord Head Rest, H.I.D. 10k Headlight, Rosen R6500 Double-DIN DVD/CD/MP3/TV/AM-FM Stereo, NAV Ready

Last edited by QuizWORX; September 6th, 2003 at 01:24 AM..

Old July 17th, 2003, 09:13 AM   #4
tastes like donkeyballs

Send a message via AIM to L_fty

That looks f'n sweet.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2003, 01:01 PM   #5
___

Quote:
Originally posted by QuizWORX on July 17th, 2003 at 07:41 AM

their price is $999.99 plus the atenna for the TV Tuner, the head unit need (2) diversity antenna for the TV probably that would cost around $200 or less. Then the interface unit so that the volume controls on the steering wheel will function as it is. Then plus the installation cost.

I havent bargain with the guy yet, I think he can still lower the price or perhaps waive off the tax and installation if I would buy from him.

About the Rosen R6500? He already install the unit on some SUV, he saw how the unit performs, he said the LCD is so sharp and clear, sound is nice... its the best deal ever for an all-in-one system for less than 1k.
yea, I saw it installed in a pathfinder. Does Rosen have an official web site?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 17th, 2003, 02:32 PM   #6

http://www.rosenentertainment.com

Old July 22nd, 2003, 11:19 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to DigitalScorpion
Quiz,
Did you say you bought the R6500 then had to pay for antennas? I"ve had my eye on this deck. 99.9% sure i'm gonna get it. But give me some more info on the antenna stuff if you could. And about the steering controls still working with it.........its possible? Also post a pic up when you get yours installed.
Black housing Projectors
Chrome cluster bezel
Type-r grille
Levoc Shift Knob
DigitalScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalScorpion on July 22nd, 2003 at 10:19 AM

Quiz,
Did you say you bought the R6500 then had to pay for antennas? I"ve had my eye on this deck. 99.9% sure i'm gonna get it. But give me some more info on the antenna stuff if you could. And about the steering controls still working with it.........its possible? Also post a pic up when you get yours installed.
The diversified antenna is sold separately and so is the interface for the steering conrols.

I just bough a new cross-drilled rotors and HID, so the stereo may have to come next, probably next month. I dont want to end up my excitement on getting all things at once.

Old August 1st, 2003, 10:51 PM   #9

i finally got my head unit and to be install this coming friday. I'll be posting the installation picture soon! wait till you guys see this.

Old August 1st, 2003, 11:03 PM   #10
___

so how much did it cost total?
Old August 2nd, 2003, 01:57 PM   #11

$2100 - Head unit, 2 diversity antenna, interface unit (to make the steering volume controls working), adaptor, installation, and tax. They'll be installing it on friday.

Old August 2nd, 2003, 06:22 PM   #12
___

Quote:
Originally posted by QuizWORX on August 2nd, 2003 at 12:57 PM

$2100 - Head unit, 2 diversity antenna, interface unit (to make the steering volume controls working), adaptor, installation, and tax. They'll be installing it on friday.
wow, 2100 is a lot, but it's worth it if you have the money. How much do you think it would be without the tv antennas and installation?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 3rd, 2003, 04:09 AM   #13

$150 for the installation, i think the antenna is 65bux each and you need two of it. Antenna is a must coz' the head unit has a built-in TV tuner and all u have to do it add the antenna to watch TV. But those guys dont want to waive of the installation fee.

Old August 6th, 2003, 09:10 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to DigitalScorpion
wellll......is it in yet? Very anxious for pics. Hurry hurry. Thanks
Black housing Projectors
Chrome cluster bezel
Type-r grille
Levoc Shift Knob
DigitalScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #15
___

yea! I wanna see it at the meet this sunday!
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:22 AM   #16

I already have it installed. awesome picture quality. nice TV reception. good sound. But the installer sucks. They are going to redo their work coz they damage my panel using the pryer to take out the black front panel. And during the installation this guy was using the cordless screwdriver not knowing it was grinding thru the side of the head unit, so they said they are going to replace the head unit. They are also going to replace the antenna, they install the rabbit type antenna which disturbs me when I drive coz' they mount it inside the front windshield just beside the pillar. They are going to replace it with a wire type antenna.

everything was perfect after i discovered their flaws in the workmanship... *sigh...*

but here it is!

there is a built-in safety featured, you cant watch TV or DVD while driving. The e-brake should be up. They hook it up to the e-brakes wiring so whenever the e-brake light is on it will blank the screen but the sound is still on. 1 up click on the e-brake will light up the e-brake light the display panel will turn on. So if i wanna watch when I drive i just pull the e-brake 1 click up.

it is illegal to drive while watching, if the cops caught you that will be a $2000 fine. The installer doesnt want to disable that built-in security feature since (he told me) it may backfire at them when I got into an accident and that is one hell of a lawsuit.
Attached Thumbnails
Is there any good double DIN LCD Dvd-CD-mp3 player-dsc00018.jpg  

Old August 9th, 2003, 01:23 AM   #17

another pic
Attached Thumbnails
Is there any good double DIN LCD Dvd-CD-mp3 player-dsc00019.jpg  

Old August 9th, 2003, 01:47 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Suhvas2001
i have a question right now i have 2-tv's in my visors along with a tv tunner and 2 kenwood 911 antennas if i bought the rosen what else would i need or woudl i just need the Head unit? And i also have a ps2

10 switch AIR BAG SET KIT

DRY NOS KIT w/10GAL CHROME TANK
1 set-Street Glow underbody RED neon
2--6.4in AudioBahn tv

StreetGlow HID's 7000K
Street Glow Pro series Strobes

I also have MISC. streetglow neon the colors are RED and GReen so if theres anythign in these colors you r interested in email me
and i will see if i have it.
Suhvas2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by Suhvas2001 on August 9th, 2003 at 12:47 AM

i have a question right now i have 2-tv's in my visors along with a tv tunner and 2 kenwood 911 antennas if i bought the rosen what else would i need or woudl i just need the Head unit? And i also have a ps2
I just dont know what kind of antenna end-plug you have, but if that will fit on the ROSEN head unit then that's all you need plus of course the adaptor for stock harness. Or if you have the volume control on your steering wheel and you want to make it work you still have to buy the interface pack. Its like a box thing with a wire that hooks up between the headunit and the stock wiring harness.

the ROSEN has an aux. you have an additional audio/video output so you can plug in your PS2.

Old August 9th, 2003, 02:00 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to Suhvas2001
so the rosen is 999.99$ how much is harness and interfacr thingy?i would consider this becuase i have a factory head unit and i would love to upgrade and by luck i have 1000$ to spend

10 switch AIR BAG SET KIT

DRY NOS KIT w/10GAL CHROME TANK
1 set-Street Glow underbody RED neon
2--6.4in AudioBahn tv

StreetGlow HID's 7000K
Street Glow Pro series Strobes

I also have MISC. streetglow neon the colors are RED and GReen so if theres anythign in these colors you r interested in email me
and i will see if i have it.
Suhvas2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 9th, 2003, 02:10 AM   #21

no, the guy said it was a mistake. it was suppose to be $1999 but he gave it to me for only $1500 + all the hardware + tax and installation. I end up bargaining with them to $2100.

But picture, sound, features and quality was worth it. An all-in-one system with just 1 remote. The Head unit is CD Changer, Navigation and back-up camera ready.

Just imagine adding a DVD changer with full of mp3 music. aheheheh plus you can view JPEG's and watch MPEG movie too!
Old August 9th, 2003, 05:05 AM   #22
___

looks awesome! Are you going to the meet this sunday?
Old August 9th, 2003, 08:44 AM   #23

What time and where this sunday?
Old August 9th, 2003, 12:26 PM   #24
___

Check the so. cal. chapter, the thread is called "Anyone up for a dim sum meet"

I think it's around 11:30 or 12
Old August 10th, 2003, 09:00 PM   #25
Phi Kappa Sigma "Skulls"

Send a message via AIM to svp50
hows the sound quality and EQ

svp50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2003, 01:30 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally posted by svp50 on August 10th, 2003 at 08:00 PM

hows the sound quality and EQ
I dont have an external amp. with stock speakers but the sound quality is pretty good. 45w x 4. it has a built-in amp. 5.1 dolby surround. Its worth it...

Old August 11th, 2003, 06:26 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to SiLvAaCCoRdV6
does the HU hide when u turn off ur car or does it stay out like that?
SiLvAaCCoRdV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2003, 09:49 PM   #28

it stays like that... it slides down when you insert the disc.
Old August 16th, 2003, 05:04 PM   #29
Upcoming Realtor.

Send a message via AIM to AV630
heh im sorry but i think that its just begging to get jacked if it stays open like that....
AV630 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #30

hey quiz, how many preamp outputs does the rosen have? i searched their website but it doesnt contain many technical specs. Theres one on ebay im trying to snatch for 975. and the interface unit that makes it work with steering control...is that a rosen product too? i couldnt find any info on it. also, do you know if it can accept navigation from other sources? sorry for all the questions...im just very intrigued by this unit
99AccordEXv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in