Im about to invest in some new rims, will they fit prob free? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #1

Exclamation Im about to invest in some new rims, will they fit prob free?

I've got my heart set out on these ADRs [Battle ExeTs]because they run for a good price. WheelsNext is BullSing me about theirs [18x8 wrapped in 225/40/18] that they have b/c apparently they are out of stock. I found these on ebay:

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

But the only down side is that they are 18x8.5 with a +35mm offset.

I see most ppl on here dont push it past +42 for the off set, but keeping in mind the wider the rim gets while the back space remains the same to avoid rubbing, the smaller the offset should be considering the face should be moving more towards a staggered position and the lip should be pushing/elongating out away from the car right?

Its sounds to me as though they are little too wide, or either the wheel will stick to far out beyond the wheel well and look retarded like some cheap ass wanna be low rider. I want the rim to be flush with the top lip of the well [the metal of the rim parallel to the metal of the fender], but have no idea how to judge the off sets based on the rim width and back space. Also what kinda of tires would go on an x 8.5 rim with a 40 profile. Would I go with 225s or 235s???

Please help, I kinda need to make a decision like yesterday because my baby goes to the shop tomorrow for repairs on some suspension damage but she'll be coming out tomorrow on fresh legs with busted shoes. My V rated 60 pros are paper thin due to the previous damages and waiting for me to have a blowout on I-85 during rush hour!!!!

Thanks
WiSeBoi84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2006, 10:19 AM   #2
4 bangin'

yea, i think that the wheel will stick out really far, haha, especially with the width of the rim. also, i dont think anyone goes past an 8" wide rim, not sure tho. but yea, the +35 offset just wont fit, itll stick out. i have a +42 and theyre level with the fenders, but my front wheels stick out like 2 or 3mm, i can see it sometimes when the lighting and shadows are right, haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in