How do you do this? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2006, 03:14 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
How do you do this?

I was admiring Telele's pics when i came across this. I noticed some other members doing this also with their hoods. Do you need to upgrade the hood hinges? Also is this only for show, or is this safe enough where you can work under the hood while having it propped like this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2006, 03:16 PM   #2
4.0L

I think the stock hinges will allow for that. You just have to disconnect the gas shocks that hold the hood up (if you have those). I would put something there to hold it up if I was gonna work under the hood with it up like that. One gust of wind and their goes your upper body =/...or hood if you have CF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VietNinjaJ30A1
2000 Honda Accord V6 Supercharged
Official Slammed Club Member #36 (Stage 1)
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2006, 05:21 PM   #3

I believe that it is just for show. I wouldnt trust that thing at all. On gust of wind and your done.
Here4u2nv151 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 22nd, 2006, 05:32 PM   #4
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
Lots of Carbon Fiber hoods can do that because there arent gas shocks to hold up the hood ..
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2006, 05:56 PM   #5
bryan <3's bomex

my hood did that during a meet thanks to some wind. makes you realize how light cf is hehe
photos:

myspace:

hincity:
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2006, 06:30 PM   #6
4 bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownz Thrillah
Lots of Carbon Fiber hoods can do that because there arent gas shocks to hold up the hood ..
or if your a 4 banger like myself and telele, all you get is an OEM stick to hold it up, hahaha, so you dont have shocks period, haha.

Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2006, 07:41 PM   #7

and you have to watch out for the windshield washer hoses. mine can only go so far back then it starts to pull at the mounting thingys on the body.
ryan s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM   #8
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
Lots of hoods arent predrilled for the windshield washer holes ..

I personally think it look gay with the winshield washer nozzles : ]

It look so clean without it
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2006, 08:58 PM   #9
Boosted!

Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
^ your right only reason why i dont want to install my cf hood i like my windsheild nozzles
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2006, 09:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechV6
^ your right only reason why i dont want to install my cf hood i like my windsheild nozzles
well actually the cf hood i am looking at actually has a windshield nozzle pre-drilled
Old April 22nd, 2006, 10:09 PM   #11
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
i had my hood propped up like that before when i was working in the engine.....a gust of wind came by and the hood fell on my head and back....OHHHH BOY DID THAT HURT!!!!!!!!!! it was the stock hood too....i had a head ache for about a week...

SPONSORS:
-
-
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2006, 12:14 AM   #12
JB4 e92

My friend's hood on his Prelude flew all the way back and cracked the windshield and damaged part of the roof. You might want to be careful and that there might be a possibility that the hood could fall backwards.

clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2006, 05:48 AM   #13

ok so it sounds like oem hinges have the capabilities to prop up perpendicular with the engine bay.

You guys think its possible for me to swap out my gas shocks for my brothers i4 sedan hood prop? I know the hood prop will work for my car, but will the gas shock be able to fit on his car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean2draccord
My friend's hood on his Prelude flew all the way back and cracked the windshield and damaged part of the roof. You might want to be careful and that there might be a possibility that the hood could fall backwards.
was this when the hood was closed? Or when he had it propped it?
Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:13 AM   #14
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
the gas shocks will not fit on his car....ask michel you have to get two little pieces wielded to the car for the shocks to mount on.
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2006, 09:02 AM   #15
JB4 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV_33
You guys think its possible for me to swap out my gas shocks for my brothers i4 sedan hood prop? I know the hood prop will work for my car, but will the gas shock be able to fit on his car?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV_33
was this when the hood was closed? Or when he had it propped it?
Propped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittanys1
the gas shocks will not fit on his car....ask michel you have to get two little pieces wielded to the car for the shocks to mount on.
Thanks Travis.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2006, 09:26 AM   #16

only do that if you have a cf hood. the gas shocks on my av6 were bending the funk out of my cf hood. plus, im too cheap to buy an oem stick prop. lol
Hites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2006, 10:34 AM   #17
4.0L

^^ just get a 2x4 =] hehe.

i use my windshield washers too much to get a CF hood without them. would you guys just paint the nozzles black if you had them on a CF hood?
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2006, 11:39 AM   #18
4 bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1
^^ just get a 2x4 =] hehe.

i use my windshield washers too much to get a CF hood without them. would you guys just paint the nozzles black if you had them on a CF hood?
the LX ones come in black, hahaha. but they cost an arm and a leg to buy, with my discount i have at my dealership, it was still like $20 somthing to get both, and the discount is pretty good. so i would just sugest painting them. and im the same about the nozzles too, i use them a lot, so if/when i get a CF hood, im deff gonna need those b!tches on there, haha.

Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2006, 07:50 PM   #19

yeah I can't afford not to have them on especially with the salt roads in MN during the snowy season. Allright guys thanks for the advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in