Change speakers without HU? WHY SO MANY ALPINES?????? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2003, 05:38 AM   #1

Change speakers without HU? WHY SO MANY ALPINES??????

Sorry I dont know a thing about audio stuff but I'm curious to how I can improve my stock EX system. Can I just buy 6x9's (Alpine TypeR's or Inifity kappa) and whatever other speakers are in my car to upgrade to better sound/bass without buying a new headunit and amp and all that?

And what the hell is the difference between all the Alpine's????? they allo look the same except for some Blue and some green LED's? What is an alpine that will perform really well and is priced well too!
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2003, 06:21 AM   #2
tastes like donkeyballs

Send a message via AIM to L_fty
Dude why dont you read the specs of each ALpine and you'll be enlightened. I dont wanna breast feed you and go into the specifics of each one... just go to crutchfield.com.. they have a ton of Alpines with a nice website setup for ppl wanting to educate themselves. Main note....as you go higher in price.. you lose the internal amp, better S/N ratio, better LED display(organic, etc), ability to play WMA,MP3,etc media formats...
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #3

yea I started to read them already, I'm gonna go with the Blue LED's so it narrows it down a lot. But you can't go wrong with any Alpine right? even the cheaper ones like Alpine CDA-9807 even though its weaker?

I'm still curious tho, my system is still stock, can I just buy like 6x9's for now and the front speakers or someting to make it sound nicer/deeper? or do i have to buy a HU first?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 17th, 2003, 02:48 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to k3yz
You can buy anything you want first or last or whatever...........

It's all taste. Even though I've modded my system a lot; the stock system does sound nice. New 6x9s would probably make it sound better & give you more bass....

Honestly....I wouldn't change out the HU in our cars....I just have amp for more power...just me tho...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OEM Spoiler, RF 4 ch Amp, Sony 2ch Amp, 2 10" MTX Subs
k3yz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in