Headlights,Lips,and some more! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:26 AM   #1
Calendar car one day!

Send a message via AIM to 1SLOsedan
Headlights,Lips,and some more!

Hey, I am new to the site and look forward to contributing. The names Evan. With that put aside I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have a pic of their accord with angel eye headlights with black housings?

2. I have eyelids, but the black is slightly less dark than my paint job, but I am not experienced at painting, is painting the eyelids complicated? Does anyone have a DIY on this?

3. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but my whole car is practically brand new paint except the bumper and hood. The paint is sorta cracking away in tiny circles on a few parts of my hood and there is several tiny chips of paint missing off my bumper, will Honda touch-up paint conceal these well?

4. Does the 2002 accord sedan have a front lip available for it?

5. Last, but not least.. I will have 200+ dollars in not too long I want to spend on my car. I am either going Helix throttle body spacer or angel eyes.. Does the throttle body spacer make a difference on these cars? I hear that on some engines throttle body spacers make nearly no difference.

I probably have more questions, but I was curious about these the most LOL..

Thanks in advance!
1SLOsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2006, 01:47 AM   #2
4 bangin'

the TBS will help out your gas mileage slightly, but more then anything else. dont get the angel eyes headlights, the light output sucks......horribly. if anything, just buy some blackhoused headlights, or you can DIY your stock ones. if you really want the projector look, get the TYC headlights theyre good, but the best would be to buy the TYC's and retrofit a projector into it. good luck with everything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:26 AM   #3
Destroyer of Tires

1. Don't get angel eyes unless you want some custom ones. The ones off eBay and stuff are really bad. The light output on them sucks.

2. Painting your eyelids won't be too bad. You can buy little cans of paint that are the stock colors and you can primer up your eyelids and spray them. They come in little spray cans. I can't find the website where they are but if you search on Google or even on V6P you should be able to turn up with some results.

3. Touch up paint is good for little rock chips but if your paint is getting worse then you might want to get the parts that you're having trouble with repainted.

4. Here's my personal favorite for an 01 - 02 style lip for your car:

It's called the JP style kit. The whole thing (all 4 pieces) costs around $750. That's the front, sides, and rear. It's polyurethane also.

5. Get the Helix throttle body spacer. It will improve your gas milage and if you find the V1 TBS then your car will make a cool noise. Sounds like a turbo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What is

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 28th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #4
Calendar car one day!

Yeah the chips arent THAT bad. You cant even see them in person until your about 4 feet from the car.. I just don't like them being there at all.. So I will go with some black housed headlights, now that I heard nothing but bad things abotuthe angel eyes.. Thats cool becuase black housed headlights are $100 cheaper too

EDIT:

I found this: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spr...t_matched.aspx

Is this what you were talking about? Also What is the code for my paint? I have a black 2002 Accord.

Last edited by 1SLOsedan; May 28th, 2006 at 11:00 AM..
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #5
Destroyer of Tires

The paint comes in cans like that but I'm not sure if it's that exact brand or whatever. I'm not sure about the paint code though, just do some searching for your color of black. Good choice with the blackhoused headlights. If you DIY your stock ones it'll cost you like10 bucks haha. I bought mine off eBay and they work pretty well except for when it's really cold out... then they just fog up. I need to open them and reseal them but after that they should be good.

Here's my car so you can see as a reference:

What is

Old May 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #6
4 bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X
I need to open them and reseal them but after that they should be good.]
you dont even need to reopen them. if you buy a tube of silicon, clear silicon, that comes with a tip for it that you cut to size however big you want the opening, you can just go around where the lense meets the housing.....that waht i did for my leaky OEM tail light, and its good now.

Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #7

hey if you have a sedan get the wing west lip for your sedan, although its not made for it you can cut it easily and make it fit, it looks nice,
tsanhd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #8
crave_accordv6

whats up peeps, new to site also, got 2000 accordv6 coupe. I want upgrade the style but not to much, projectorlight, tailights , simple stuff.....need HELP
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #9
Destroyer of Tires

Get a retrofit and not eBay halo headlights.

What is

Old June 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #10
ANdy

Send a message via AIM to ghettobuddha Send a message via Yahoo to ghettobuddha
If you have a black 2002 sedan, it is Nighthawk Black Pearl, color code B92P; it's actually a black with blue pearl flakes.

The front lips available are Mugen style, Xenon, and JP Aerodynamics (shown above). You are also able to swap a 98-00 front bumper and use the Wings West Kit OR you can modify the Wings West front to fit the 01-02 bumpers.

If your hood has cracking paint it will worsen over time if you don't seal it. Touchup paint will help, but if you are up for a repaint it's difficult to blend since it's a multi-color pearl. Get a CF Hood =D

Do you have a V6 or i4?

-Andy
Fellow Black 2002 Sedan Owner

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX CG5

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Click on the Sig for legibility =P
ghettobuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #11

here's the $1,000,000 question. has anybody tried to fit the wings west sedan lip kit on a coupe? i don't care for the coupe kit but, the sedan kit looks nice.
NokBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #12
Destroyer of Tires

I did a chop a long time ago with a sedan front on a coupe with the WW kit.

Old June 4th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #13
Calendar car one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettobuddha
If you have a black 2002 sedan, it is Nighthawk Black Pearl, color code B92P; it's actually a black with blue pearl flakes.

The front lips available are Mugen style, Xenon, and JP Aerodynamics (shown above). You are also able to swap a 98-00 front bumper and use the Wings West Kit OR you can modify the Wings West front to fit the 01-02 bumpers.

If your hood has cracking paint it will worsen over time if you don't seal it. Touchup paint will help, but if you are up for a repaint it's difficult to blend since it's a multi-color pearl. Get a CF Hood =D

Do you have a V6 or i4?

-Andy
Fellow Black 2002 Sedan Owner
\

V6
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:28 PM   #14
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim

Send a message via AIM to sl33pyriceboi
DO NOT GET THOSE ANGEL HALO LIGHTS....OR ELSE YOU'LL BE SORRY.......

CHEAP CHIT......LED WONT LAST YOU LONG....

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME...OR DONT DO IT AT ALL...DONT WASTE UR MONEY...

here is mine.... i got rid of it within a month.....cuz it sucked.......

hese are actual pixs of em on my car....

sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #15
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim

Send a message via AIM to sl33pyriceboi
btw, those are really really really white rings...so white teh cammra makes em look like blue...
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in