Running Wires... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2003, 05:17 PM   #1

Running Wires...

I wanted to get some thoughts on what I want to do. I want to run a 4 AWG wire from my battery to a Fuse Distribution Block. From there I will power my amp. What I would also want to use that Fuse Distribution Block for is my Inverter, Alarm and a few other add on that require power. Does this make sense to you guys? Any disadvantages?

B&M Transmission Coolers, Magnefine in-line filter

Gadgets:
Smartire GenII (Tire Pressure Monitor System), Gentex Auto Dim Mirror w/Outside Temp & Compass Model 50-GENK20 Clifford AG4 Alarm
Crestgel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #2
old school cars rock.

well, usually, you would run that 4awg wire through the firewall and have the D block in the trunk where that will split up into .. say four 8awg outputs. from there you could hook up to four amps or whatever, depending on how many outputs your D block has. but, i'm assuming your alarm, invertor, etc would be closer to the front of the car so you mount the D block somewhere near the front and still be able to hook up everything else. only thing is, i'm guessing your alarm doesnt need that much power, in fact the power cable on it probably isnt going to be over 14awg. putting that small of a wire into a bigger hole might require some bunching up of the wire at the end because you have to screw it down. it might fall out otherwise. i would just strip a bunch of wire down, fold it over a few times to make it thick, twist it up, jam it in, and screw it down tight.

does that answer your question? i dont see any real disadvantages to doing that.. i have a grip of 1/0 wire under the hood, but a 4awg wire going to a D block in the trunk where it splits into 4 8awg outputs. my amps can only take an 8guage wire so thats what i have to use. if anything this will make your engine bay a lot cleaner by having a lot less wires coming out of your battery. i suggest getting a nice, simple battery top post mount such as the Stinger expert series, or the HPM model (SBT428PPT). i got those for my sis, holds one 4awg input and 2 8awg inputs. looks great. i have phoenix gold ones that hold 2 1/0awg inputs.
FRESHV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2003, 07:27 PM   #3
old school cars rock.

p.s. these are the ones i bought for my sister:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2419892861
FRESHV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 19th, 2003, 11:39 PM   #4

Thanx, for all the info. That basically answers my question. Keeping the wires under the hood clean is the reason I want to do this and I donft want to have to tap too many holes in my firewall.

What size is the wire going to the battery Terminal now?

Last edited by Crestgel; July 19th, 2003 at 11:49 PM..
Crestgel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #5
Just a peter.

Send a message via ICQ to illusion
Quote:
Originally posted by Crestgel on July 20th, 2003 at 06:39 AM

Thanx, for all the info. That basically answers my question. Keeping the wires under the hood clean is the reason I want to do this and I donft want to have to tap too many holes in my firewall.

What size is the wire going to the battery Terminal now?
1 4 gauge +, 1 4 gauge -, and 1 8 gauge- if I'm not mistaken.

Don't worry about keeping it clean. Take your time and all will be well. Hard to tell from this pic, but there's 2 2gauge +, 1 2 gauge -, 1 4 gauge -, 2 8 gauge +, and 3 16gauge +(off of the aux +)
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in