How did loxllxol do the yellow lights? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2003, 12:53 AM   #1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
How did loxllxol do the yellow lights?

i tried pming him but did not get back to me, how did he get only the yellow 9005's to light up during the day, i was going to get some mtec 9005's and wanted only them on at certain times, so how do you only turn those on and nothing else..i love the look
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #2
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
there is a kit tat you get from www.autotoys.com that gives u a daylight running kit.
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2003, 12:59 PM   #3
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
oh so its daylight running lights? what kind of bulb is it? do i have to sacrifice high beams?

Old July 20th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #4
Banned

ok i looked at the kit, but what bulbs do i use, i dont get how it works, how would i get it in the high beam slot? do i make both sides 9006? i could really use loxllxol on this one
Old July 20th, 2003, 05:26 PM   #5
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
u jsut ruse a regular 9005 bulb

the kit comes with a light sensor and some other stuff

u dont' lose ur high beams. when ever u start ur car, ur high beams will come on at like 75% capacity or something. and stay on. And once u turn on ur regular lights ,ur high beam turns off
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2003, 05:30 PM   #6
Banned

ahhhhh...is this the kit?

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront

and how much should i expect to pay for install? it doesnt look easy to do
Old July 20th, 2003, 05:31 PM   #7
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
I think the bigger question is why Honda doesn't but daytime running lights on the Accord . They put them standard on the Canadian models but in Canada it is mandatory to have them I think.

I would want daytime running lights since it helps other people see you easier. Anything that helps people not hit me with there car gets an A+ in my book .

This kit sounds interesting. I also want to know more about this .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2003, 05:37 PM   #8
Banned

check out this kit...this would be sweet as hell, the only thing i worry about the kit for daytime running lights is the install on this..im afraid it will be scary. but check this thing out

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront
Old July 29th, 2003, 10:00 PM   #9
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
i've bought the daytime running lights from them too. i've talked to loxllxol on another thread about the drl's. he says that we have to wire them thru the firewall and directly to the high beam wire because in the instructions it says to connect to the high beam sense which turns on both the highs and lows. so the only way was to wire it directly to the high beam wires. haven't installed it yet but hopefully soon. i've also got some mtec 9005 bulbs and hopefully it'll come out as good as his.
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 29th, 2003, 11:12 PM   #10
Banned

POST SOME PICS, or just email them to me plz, i really want to do this, is the install hard, cuz i dont know shiot about electronics, or is somebody doing it for you?
Old July 29th, 2003, 11:20 PM   #11
thread killer

Send a message via AIM to vtecricebox
didn't loxllxol also tinted the lens yellow to make it more dramatic?
vtecricebox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2003, 08:26 PM   #12
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
yes i think he spray painted them yellow to make them look more yellow. but i'm not gonna do that, don't have the skills to take them apart.

well i don't know how to install the kit but hopefully i'll get them installed by someone with more experience. i'll try to get some pics up after the install to see how they come out.
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2003, 08:30 PM   #13
Banned

also if somebody else installs it will you tell me how much you paid, im not going to paint my yellow either, on his car it would ok, but im also getting oem fogs with yellow bulbs, so ill be yellow lighted out, so i dont need the tint, it looks better with it but i dont wan to take the time to do it
Old August 2nd, 2003, 11:41 AM   #14
in the Motorcity baby!!!

Send a message via ICQ to mlrtimev6 Send a message via AIM to mlrtimev6 Send a message via MSN to mlrtimev6 Send a message via Yahoo to mlrtimev6
he painted the outside and he can wipe it off w/ some thinner.
mlrtimev6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in