TYC Headlights Opinion.... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:15 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Vietgrl_Le84
TYC Headlights Opinion....

I was really observing my car for a couple days now this week and for some reason feel a bit "iffy" about my clear headlights. I have this white 99 accord sedan with red/clear taillights (which looks freakishly sweet btw) and clear headlights....I find that the clear headlights makes my car so plain....perhaps a nice design behind the lens would make it unique such as TYC headlights....the thing that worries me is the light output - how it compares to OEM light output....another concern is fitment...I'm a "perfectionist" so I'd like no gaps as much as possible....I DO know that nothign fits better than original stock headlights but perhaps that one probability of having good fitments with no noticible gaps (no gaps preferred however). What do you guys think? Should I get TYCs? Or should I just switch back to my stock headlights.....
Vietgrl_Le84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:12 PM   #2

i like em. not bad for pre retrofit.
TBG23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2006, 12:12 PM   #3

ya go from something different then cleared heads...from ur pics, it does look 'plain', i dunnow how the dark TYCs will look on ur car but if its a black car, tycs look sick! imo
gl with ur mods
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 1st, 2006, 12:33 PM   #4
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

Send a message via AIM to Dinzdale40
a drop and some wheels should be of higher priority.....aftermarket headlights on a stock car just look kinda goofy....it might be cool at first cause its different from what you are used to but that wears off fast....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Official Slammed Club Member #004 Stage 2
Dinzdale40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2006, 06:07 PM   #5

Yea, I'm in the process of getting rims right now...but as for a drop, it would look nice but I'm kinda concerned with the road conditions here in MN...that and winter weather (I don't wanna shovel snow)....
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:52 AM   #6
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

you can easily drop 2" and not have any probs...im dropped 3" with a lip kit and i can still drive almost anywhere...with a 2" drop you will still have like 7" of clearance under your front bumper so you won't be pushing much more snow than you are now and it will make your car look alot cleaner...just depends on if it is worth it to you or not...
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:58 AM   #7
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
TYC looks really good cosmetically but their light output is crap compare to oem
Old July 3rd, 2006, 11:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinzdale40
you can easily drop 2" and not have any probs...im dropped 3" with a lip kit and i can still drive almost anywhere...with a 2" drop you will still have like 7" of clearance under your front bumper so you won't be pushing much more snow than you are now and it will make your car look alot cleaner...just depends on if it is worth it to you or not...
2"....hmmm do you have a pic of that kind of drop...I need visuals. I was thinking 1.5-1.75".....But you are right...I'm gonna focus on the rims and drop...then regarding to headlights...whatever I have left will probably go for Retrofit investments. Last thing on the project list is getting WW lip kit....then I'm set (for now).... Thanks guys!
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM   #9
4 bangin'

DIY blackhousing would set it off a little.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:07 PM   #10
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

...if you want a smaller mod for now you could do tint or get painted side mouldings...they sell them pre painted at the dealer...kinda expensive but it would def. give you a cleaner look...
Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM   #11
Destroyer of Tires

for the drop and wheels.

Lowered more aggressive stance with nice shoes > Cleared out eyeballs.

What is

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:54 PM   #12
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim

Send a message via AIM to sl33pyriceboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietgrl_Le84
2"....hmmm do you have a pic of that kind of drop...I need visuals. I was thinking 1.5-1.75".....But you are right...I'm gonna focus on the rims and drop...then regarding to headlights...whatever I have left will probably go for Retrofit investments. Last thing on the project list is getting WW lip kit....then I'm set (for now).... Thanks guys!

i have tiens Htechs for sale in about a week or two if u want them. the ride is awesome because Htechs were made for a quality ride =]

its a 1.2 in drop all round. and you wont need a camber kit.

50+shipping (i will deal with the paypal fee)

du3ce has em and i have tons of pixs of em if u wanna see.
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
i have tiens Htechs for sale in about a week or two if u want them. the ride is awesome because Htechs were made for a quality ride =]

its a 1.2 in drop all round. and you wont need a camber kit.

50+shipping (i will deal with the paypal fee)

du3ce has em and i have tons of pixs of em if u wanna see.
That would be great. I really don't think I want to get a camber kit and all (least just yet cuz I'm a college student just like the rest of you guys). Please send me pics of the drop so I can get the visual......and we'll deal something out regarding to the tiens....how's the comfort of those tiens? smooth like stock? how long have u had them?

Last edited by Vietgrl_Le84; July 3rd, 2006 at 09:55 PM..
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:52 PM   #14

my goodness, I havent seen u here for a long time.
Hows thing with ya?
TYC is nicest if u dont need to retro for a while. With droping, wait until I come back to midwest, will take pics and show you my dropping ok?
nice seeing you around still.
1lif2liv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lif2liv
my goodness, I havent seen u here for a long time.
Hows thing with ya?
TYC is nicest if u dont need to retro for a while. With droping, wait until I come back to midwest, will take pics and show you my dropping ok?
nice seeing you around still.
Jeezers....where have you been this whole time? Where r u now? But yea, thanks...can't wait to see ur ride.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:16 PM   #16

Im in North Cali right now visitting some one
1lif2liv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM   #17

hey, i live in st.paul and am from duluth i dropped on tein coilovers, i put it low enought without having snow plow problems while still looking good, pm me if you have questions
swan810 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #18

tyc's are nice for aftermarket headlights
Wlee82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2006, 06:03 AM   #19
4.0L

Here's a few pics of my drop:

I don't know how far I'm dropped but I think it's about 2" all the way around. The front wheels are ALMOST tucked...I didn't wanna tuck them because I don't like that look. Oh and it's sitting on Tein SS Coilovers =]

And on the headlights...my friend has a white coupe with blackhoused TYCs and they look good. She's not dropped or anything.

VietNinjaJ30A1
2000 Honda Accord V6 Supercharged
Official Slammed Club Member #36 (Stage 1)

Last edited by VietNinjaJ30A1; July 5th, 2006 at 06:05 AM..
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:36 AM   #20

Thank you so much for the pics....if it's 2" all around...I think I'll do a 1.5" drop all around. So is the Teins Stechs adequate enough for this kind of drop? Are Stechs better tha Htech b/c I have no idea what the diff is...but MOST IMPORTANTLY, which gives the smooth and comfortable ride as for as aftermarket products go....btw, what kinda shocks I should get?
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #21
XCLUSV

Send a message via Yahoo to R-w00dickz
imo get adjustable coils (tein).
R-w00dickz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #22

Are all Tein S Techs 2" drops? That's what they say in Ebay and I wanted just 1.5" drop....
Old July 5th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #23

every car is different...so u wont' get the exact 1.5 drop..dpends how strong ur oem shox r too...r u gonna change out stock shox when u get ur springs???
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #24
4.0L

If you want the best ride quality...you probably want coilovers. Tein Basics will do...but pick up a set of SS if you find a good deal. SS have adjustable dampening and Basics do not, but are exactly the same in all other aspects.
Old July 5th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #25
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

remember to watch on ebay for the fake Tein springs...the fakes have stickers while the real ones have the Tein emblems printed...
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:06 PM   #26
4.0L

Dinzdale...I still don't know how you're dropped all the way on Tein SS coilovers and you still haven't tucked your wheels OR have trouble driving around. On second thought...are your wheels tucked? I remember seeing a picture of your car where they weren't...but I'm not sure if it's just because your car is black. I have like 7-8 threads left on mine and I still scrape every now and then...oh and I bottom out over speed bumps if I don't go 2mph.
Old July 5th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #27
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1
Dinzdale...I still don't know how you're dropped all the way on Tein SS coilovers and you still haven't tucked your wheels OR have trouble driving around. On second thought...are your wheels tucked? I remember seeing a picture of your car where they weren't...but I'm not sure if it's just because your car is black. I have like 7-8 threads left on mine and I still scrape every now and then...oh and I bottom out over speed bumps if I don't go 2mph.
I don't think he has the Teins anymore. If I'm not mistaken he might have swapped them out for some Omni Powers.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in