Opinions of Rims - Pics Provided - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #1

Opinions of Rims - Pics Provided

UPDATE: Finally, I have narrowed down my choices to two. Let me know your opinions on which one you like better.

Whats up everyone? I am about to purchase some rims for my black 99 accord coupe V6 and would like to know everyone's opinions on the ones I

Pic of my car:

18' Gram Lights 57F Pro - Looking to get this one in BLACK

18' Volk Racing GT-P - Looking to get this one in BLACK

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited by AccordJ30Guy; August 3rd, 2006 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: s
AccordJ30Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #2

black on black is nice only of the center was black too

are you on pro-kits man?

Last edited by f1iptease; July 30th, 2006 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: i forgot to add my opinion
f1iptease is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Destroyer of Tires

Those wheels will look really clean, a member here had them on his car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 30th, 2006, 02:19 PM   #4
Destroyer of Tires

Old July 30th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #5

Wow, thanks for the pics - I guess I will be going black instead of gunmetal however. By the way my car is lowered on Omni Power Coilovers and what a great suspension for the price Again thanks for the pics - I really appriciate it - they look hot!!! Everyone else please feel free to give your opinions.....thanks!
Old July 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #6
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordJ30Guy
Wow, thanks for the pics - I guess I will be going black instead of gunmetal however. By the way my car is lowered on Omni Power Coilovers and what a great suspension for the price Again thanks for the pics - I really appriciate it - they look hot!!! Everyone else please feel free to give your opinions.....thanks!
How's the ride on the Omni's? Some members say that they have back pains or their butt hurts.

Old July 30th, 2006, 02:34 PM   #7

The suspension is pretty stiff - but after putting over 1K on them - I am pretty used to the ride and they are that bad as people say. I love the handling and how I can adjust the ride height. Sometimes you just have to compromise - performance or comfort - I am taking performance. Thanks again for the pics Doctor X - I am going to go with the glossy black....I think it be hot!
Old July 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #8
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
The suspension is pretty stiff - but after putting over 1K on them - I am pretty used to the ride and they are that bad as people say. I love the handling and how I can adjust the ride height. Sometimes you just have to compromise - performance or comfort - I am taking performance. Thanks again for the pics Doctor X - I am going to go with the glossy black....I think it be hot!
Yeah the black would look nice on your car

I was going to get the Omnis but I got scared after reading how stiff they were so I bought the Teins... and I wish I had bought the Omnis now lol.

Old July 30th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #9

Yeah I was in the same boat as you - but how could you go wrong with $650.00 from the group buy? Anyway, is Axis a very good brand name? Im pretty sure it is - but want to verify. I don't want the rims to bend .............lol

I also purchased the shaved carbon fiber trunk - and am getting the hood pretty soon....new rims and tires, carbon fiber shaved trunk, carbon fiber hood, ground wires from V6P, I think the car would look pretty sweet.
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #10

you should buy my wheels!! they would awesome on your car. i will be posting a large thread full of pics and info alittle bit later
lowTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #11

I actually looking for new wheels - sorry.
Old July 30th, 2006, 10:51 PM   #12
XCLUSV

Send a message via Yahoo to R-w00dickz
Axis wheels looks great but you cant avoid not to get dents if you hit a pothole hard. its only alloy. I have the blk mods on my car and broke 2 already and now both of my front wheels have dents. got the 18's on 225/40/18 toyo's and i live in nyc and that would explain it all lol... get some forged alloy wheels if you can spend a lil bit more ( i should have done that). but if you really like axis its fine they have awesome wheels and imo get the axis widetrack, deeper lip compare to the reverbs plus i have never seen any 6th gen w/ widetracks. fo sho that would look awesome. just IMO goodluck
R-w00dickz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2006, 08:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-w00****z
Axis wheels looks great but you cant avoid not to get dents if you hit a pothole hard. its only alloy. I have the blk mods on my car and broke 2 already and now both of my front wheels have dents. got the 18's on 225/40/18 toyo's and i live in nyc and that would explain it all lol... get some forged alloy wheels if you can spend a lil bit more ( i should have done that). but if you really like axis its fine they have awesome wheels and imo get the axis widetrack, deeper lip compare to the reverbs plus i have never seen any 6th gen w/ widetracks. fo sho that would look awesome. just IMO goodluck
I thought that Axis was a really good brand of wheels which are light (these reverbs are only 19 lbs a piece - the lightest wheel that axis makes) and are also very strong and durable. I have been known to hit pot holes once in a while and would get really pissed if they dented. Please give me some 5 spoke black wheels with a chrome lip that might be better - forged and very durable. Thanks in advance.

Sorry - after some research it appears Volk, Work, Centerline are very good lightweight forged wheels - damn they are pricey. Also would you recommend any types ....glossy black 5 stars???

Last edited by AccordJ30Guy; July 31st, 2006 at 08:27 PM..
Old August 1st, 2006, 03:25 PM   #14
XCLUSV

Quote:
Sorry - after some research it appears Volk, Work, Centerline are very good lightweight forged wheels - damn they are pricey. Also would you recommend any types ....glossy black 5 stars???
Like i said if you can spend more go with forged wheels. can't go wrong with glossy black 5 spokes(5 stars to you) w/ polished lip. still your decision to make and its your ride. goodluck to you. post some pics when you get your wheels.
Old August 1st, 2006, 06:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-w00****z
Like i said if you can spend more go with forged wheels. can't go wrong with glossy black 5 spokes(5 stars to you) w/ polished lip. still your decision to make and its your ride. goodluck to you. post some pics when you get your wheels.
Did some research today and here is what I found for forged rims
Montegi Track Light - $1950.00 - didn't really like them...not my taste - www.montegiracing.com

Volks - damn those are expensive - supposedely went up in price to $2400.00

Anyone else have some opinions on where I should look?
Old August 1st, 2006, 06:58 PM   #16
XCLUSV

try vividracing.com check out works. yep, forged wheels are pricey that's the kick in your behind but better quality "you get what you pay for"
Old August 2nd, 2006, 06:04 PM   #17

Ok, now I am looking into the forged alloy wheels. I actually learning towards Volk and there is also a Gram Light 57 S Pro wheel that is sweet. Its just wierd, I read mixed thoughts on forged wheels - some say they are way to expensive - while others say you get what you pay for. I agree that you get what you pay for - but my only concern is that I want my wheel light and very durable so I don't hit a pot hole and bend the rim. I guess in the long run the forged alloy wheels pay for themselves because you don';t have to keep getting them fixed b/c of dents. Decisions ...decisions.....
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:06 AM   #18
XCLUSV

if you ever hit somethin on the road and damaged your wheels or something. Pull over and call the cops, get a police report, pics of damage road/car and then file a claim to the city. it might take like 6 months to get the check but better than comin out of your pocket. its the city's fault that they don't fix their roads on time.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:59 PM   #19
Destroyer of Tires

I have Gram Lights and I love them :]

I bought them off Tirerack.com. They are really light and pretty strong, I've gone through some nasty pot holes and they haven't bent or anything.

Old August 3rd, 2006, 05:53 PM   #20

I have decided to go with forged wheels - so I have now narrowed down my choices between the above two. Let me know which ones you guys like better.........I am leaning towards the Gram lights.........
Old August 3rd, 2006, 07:06 PM   #21
Destroyer of Tires

Those Gram Lights look sick, I like the way they look a lot more than those Volks you've chosen. They remind me of my wheels haha. Either way you can't go wrong, both will be great wheels.

Old August 3rd, 2006, 07:32 PM   #22

I dont mean to kill the joy but it seems that every one and their family has gloss black rims with chrome lips...
1lif2liv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2006, 07:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lif2liv
I dont mean to kill the joy but it seems that every one and their family has gloss black rims with chrome lips...
Nah, I respect your opinion. However, I think that since my car is black and has that chrome piece around the window trim (like all accords do), that would be the best color for me. A lot of people might have black rims with a chrome lip - but not everyone owns Rays Engineering....
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:28 PM   #24
Team Haidabo

Send a message via MSN to taospec
The Gram Lights, in that color will look tite as hell on your ride!! However, if you wanna be different, get the Volks. Five spoks are all ova the place, if ya know what I mean.

*whispers: Pss! Get the Grams! *
taospec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:39 PM   #25
Destroyer of Tires

If you want to see what a 6th gen would look like with the Volks, look at robbyx_209[9]'s pictures, his old wheels were the same ones you picked out.

Old August 6th, 2006, 12:39 AM   #26

anyone have a pic of gram lights on a black accord??? do they have different styles of gram lights???
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #27
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
I say you should go with the 6-spoke rims.

Doctor X: What height is the wing on that black Accord you posted pics of? Is it a 9" or 11"?
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:07 AM   #28
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya Master
I say you should go with the 6-spoke rims.

Doctor X: What height is the wing on that black Accord you posted pics of? Is it a 9" or 11"?
I have absolutely no clue lol.

Old August 6th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #29
XCLUSV

both gram & volk looks nice, you get the quality and looks.
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #30

Both are nice! The Grams might be lighter, but definitely look easier to clean!
ETaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in