Spark Plug Wire Help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #1
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Spark Plug Wire Help

Is there any way to make my spark plug wires prettier? The 98-99 models had a much nicer set of wires, rather than the taped up all in one, then split into three, wires I'm stuck with on my '00. Here's a picture to illustrate what I mean:

If you check out Aznfunkyflips featured ride, you can see that even he has the funky kind... just that he kept the black "guide" thing on his. I don't want the black guide thing on mine though.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #2
Local Mad Scientist

Not really your kind of stuck with what ya got unless you get some colored zip tubing but the looks like crap most of the time too. I know they make colored electrical tape if you want to go that route. But i think you better off just leaving it alone. Atleast us 98-99 owners can get diff color wires.
Black AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #3
MARTIN

What happened to your engine covers? They actually make the engine bay look A LOT better, and you wouldn't notice the plug wires that much.
TRUV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 16th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #4
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUV6
What happened to your engine covers? They actually make the engine bay look A LOT better, and you wouldn't notice the plug wires that much.

agreed. It doesnt look right without the covers.
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2006, 02:07 AM   #5
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
I took the covers off because they're dead weight and trap heat in, not much dead weight, but dead weight nonetheless. I like the "raw" look of the engine without the covers, it looks like a Taurus SHO manifold... only it's missing the secondaries.

Aznfunkyflip said he got some kind of hose/wire covers for his that had a slice through the middle going lengthwise, and just put that over the wires to make them look better. I guess I'm going to have to try that. I swear, I totally bought the worst year 6th Gen. 2000 had the crappy ignition system of the 01-02, but not the cool body kit look. It's like I lost out on two things.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2006, 03:28 AM   #6
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
2000 is such a weird year for the accord - a mix of both 01-02 and 98-99. well at least you got warranty on your tranny?
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in