16" Borbet Type FS - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2007, 09:07 PM   #1

16" Borbet Type FS

I have a 2000 Satin Silver Av6, and I want to keep 16's. Once I get rid off all the little problems with the car, I figured since my current stock 16's are banged up, that I would purchase another set of lightweight 16's, since I do not want to 'upgrade' to 17's.

I took a look at these and wow do I like them! They look really clean and subtle and I think they would look good on my Av6 coupe. Only thing I'm not sure about is that the spokes are just a TAD too thin.

Comments are welcome.
3LitreVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #2
4.0L

those look nice. they look like the RSX-S rims =]. i say go for them...but get 17s. they have pretty thin spokes...so they'll be pretty light anyway...and 17s will definitely look a lot better on your car.
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:51 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to starrsearch_ Send a message via MSN to starrsearch_
Get Gab Autosports 16" in red, and get so mad drop yo! Crazy JDM on white car
starrsearch_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 31st, 2007, 12:06 AM   #4

LOOK better maybe, but I've heard nothing but bad things aside from that. Our cars tend to lose a lot of balls once we throw on a set of 17's. I made the same mistake with my last whip, it looked great, and handled somewhat better, but the extra weight & rotational mass made it a lot slower, the ride a lot more harsh, and also with the roads around my area, my tires would get 'bubbles' on them from sidewall impact, and I'd have to replace a tire or two much too often for my likings. Just not worth it to me in my opinion. I'd also have to buy a set of tires as well which would set me back another $400 minimum.

I want a set of LIGHTWEIGHT 16's, even the ones I listed are kinda heavy. As for the drop, I probably won't invest into suspension either. If handling/looks of a drop was a factor, I wouldn't have been out buying a FWD Av6 coupe to begin with.:P IMHO, there are very few cars that can get away with having a couple inches of wheel gap and look good. My Av6 coupe is still one of the more classy mid-sized coupes on the road today, and I think a drop would throw that off. I just love the stock feel! My old whip was slammed on some Intrax Race Springs (1.75" drop) and KYB AGX shocks, and even though I could take 90 degree turns at high speeds and lose no traction, the constant rough ride I just grew out of.

As for those wheels, they remind me of Ferrari rims kind of with the sporty 5-spoke design. Weigh in more or less as much as the stockers.. 18.1 lbs...
3LitreVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in