Guys with racing seats please chime in. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:39 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Legendaryyaj
Guys with racing seats please chime in.

Ok I just wanted to know what brackets or rails you guys are using with your seats. I know theres a lot of cheapo ones on ebay but do they bolt to all the holes? I looked at mine and the rear bolt nearest the center console doesnt bolt to the floor but along the center console. Do the new brackets or rails use the same bolt hole too or is a new one required for that one?

I picked up a set of seats that dont fit my car and am considering buying a aftermarket bracket and making them fit if they use all the stock holes.

Can some one post pics of their front and rear bolts along with the brackets?

TIA

Vince
Legendaryyaj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #2
Destroyer of Tires

Dinzdale40 has a racing seat.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:09 PM   #3

i hav a pair of dc2 seats in
those ebay brakets dont line up.
well at least the one my friend showed me.
i modified my dc2 brackets to fit
blackaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 16th, 2007, 04:16 AM   #4
jinsoku.com

Send a message via AIM to vTecaznracer
seats dont fit your car? seats are universal. you just need the right brackets and sliders to make them fit. with something like seat brackets, go with reliability and not cheap ish. this is your seat youre talking about and you dont want to be putting your life on the line by sitting on some non quality brackets. http://www.wedgeengineering.net

wedge engineering all the way. they might cost more than the ebay ones, but well worth it. mine match up directly to the stock holes that the stock brackets line up with.
vTecaznracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2007, 07:05 AM   #5
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

Send a message via AIM to Dinzdale40
yea i am using the wedge brackets....they fit great...Vtecaznracer told me about them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Official Slammed Club Member #004 Stage 2
Dinzdale40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2007, 10:18 AM   #6

Most seats are universal by switching rails and brackets but not the ones I picked. I got a set of leather RSX seats and the rails and brackets are welded on fromt eh factory so I cant really do anything unless I rip it all apart. Its too narrow and too short on the mounting points.
Old March 16th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #7
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

Send a message via AIM to Dinzdale40
you should get the mounting brackets(the ones that mount the floor to the slider) from wedge with no sliders...then just have that welded to the rsx sliders....and yes you would need to cutoff the bottom rsx mounts from the sliders
Dinzdale40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #8

Thats what I planned on doing with the cheapo ebay brackets. Just weld them on after I cut off the RSX brackets. I was just worried that they wouldnt bolt to the OEM holes. The rear inside bolt worried me the most.
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #9

your worries are correct
i have test fitted a set of ebay brackets
and that rear center bolt dont line up properly
they do use that hole. but the hole was like 1cm off from where it should be
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #10
jinsoku.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendaryyaj
Thats what I planned on doing with the cheapo ebay brackets. Just weld them on after I cut off the RSX brackets. I was just worried that they wouldnt bolt to the OEM holes. The rear inside bolt worried me the most.
go with wedge engineering. those will bolt up 100%. oh and if you do weld the brackets to the rsx sliders, wouldnt that prevent any kind of moving back and forth motion for the seat?
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vTecaznracer
go with wedge engineering. those will bolt up 100%. oh and if you do weld the brackets to the rsx sliders, wouldnt that prevent any kind of moving back and forth motion for the seat?
I now plan on going Wedge.

Come to think of it, maybe they wont slide anymore. I gotta go look at it again. If that the case then im still screwed regardless because everything is welded on those damned RSX seats.

Hopefully the slider is on the inside and not outside.
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #12
jinsoku.com

Quote:
I now plan on going Wedge.

Come to think of it, maybe they wont slide anymore. I gotta go look at it again. If that the case then im still screwed regardless because everything is welded on those damned RSX seats.

Hopefully the slider is on the inside and not outside.
if i were you...id buy wedge engineering's sliders AND brackets. id weld or screw those sliders into the seat and then the slider would sit in the bracket perfectly. then the bracket will match up with the stock seat bracket holes perfectly as well.
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:36 AM   #13

Quote:
if i were you...id buy wedge engineering's sliders AND brackets. id weld or screw those sliders into the seat and then the slider would sit in the bracket perfectly. then the bracket will match up with the stock seat bracket holes perfectly as well.
Thing is though, I dont want to spend a fortune on this setup. I was hoping for a nice cheap way out but its adding up quickly. After all is said and done I couldve gotten some real racing seats that bolt in.

Ill look into it and see what I can do. I know safety is first so hopefully everything works out.
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #14
jinsoku.com

Quote:
Thing is though, I dont want to spend a fortune on this setup. I was hoping for a nice cheap way out but its adding up quickly. After all is said and done I couldve gotten some real racing seats that bolt in.

Ill look into it and see what I can do. I know safety is first so hopefully everything works out.
actually...if you were to buy aftermarket racing seats, you would STILL have to buy sliders and brackets. when you buy seats, youre getting just the seats. nothing else. no matter how you look at it, you cant escape buying sliders and brackets...
Old March 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM   #15

Quote:
actually...if you were to buy aftermarket racing seats, you would STILL have to buy sliders and brackets. when you buy seats, youre getting just the seats. nothing else. no matter how you look at it, you cant escape buying sliders and brackets...
I know but at least they would be "REAL" racing seats and not just some used RSX seats in the end.
Old March 18th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #16

what do the brackets look on the rsx seats?
i got my dc2 seat brackets modified to fit my accord
Old March 18th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #17
o SKR3W o

Do any of you know if its possible to mount racing seats further back from the stock location? B-cus I need more leg room, maybe like a foot further back or so. I own a 98 sedan, and plan on removing the rear seats, so there would be no clearance issues as far as that.... PS. Im 6'2"
v6tsohg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #18
jinsoku.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6tsohg
Do any of you know if its possible to mount racing seats further back from the stock location? B-cus I need more leg room, maybe like a foot further back or so. I own a 98 sedan, and plan on removing the rear seats, so there would be no clearance issues as far as that.... PS. Im 6'2"
not without moderate custom work. theres large screw holes in the chassis of the car meant for the seat bracket. if you were to try to move it back, youd have to drill new holes and since the holes are in different arrangements in each spot, youd have to make a custom bracket...not to mention the seatbelt probably wont be as effective since its not meant for the driver to be farther back than tested.
Old March 18th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #19
same avatar since 03'

Send a message via AIM to kEyChAiN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X
Dinzdale40 has a racing seat.
I didn't know that. LOL I finally noticed them in his sig

kEyChAiN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:20 AM   #20
bryan <3's bomex

wedge engineering all the way
photos:

myspace:

hincity:
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in