Someone please help me out with this..Im New - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #1
B2theRaN1

Unhappy Someone please help me out with this..Im New

I admit I am new and have no idea what will look right...... My problem is this.... I own a 98' Sedan Accord and purchased only the WW Front Bumper for $200 . I have yet to put it on because I dont know how to finish it off... I am willing to spend around $350 if I must for the sides and bumper but I dont know what would look best.if you know someone selling the sides and bumper for cheap or other options that look good please post!!..

I have checked ebay and found some nice prices but I dont know what works best with the WW Front Lip.... I have 17 inch black Motegi's on it now and a Magnaflow dual exhaust on the back.... Should I just buy the WW bumper and ignore the side skirts?

My idea was just paint the mudflaps and put only a front bumper on... but i have been advised this would look unbalanced and bad... if someone anyone CAN PLEASE help me out i would very much appreciate it.....i just wanna know what direction to go in......aslo keep in mind i live in Pennsylvania (terrible roads) so the lowering may not be a good idea...... Thank you
b2theran1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #2
B2theRaN1

or should i just send the front bumper back and save some cash considering its PA? anything helps just please post...........
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #3
4.0L

I don't know if you'll be able to find the WW sides/rear for $350...and then get it all painted. Personally I think the WW kit should stay with the WW kit (ie. no mis-match). If I were you I'd either go with JUST the front...or send the front back...and spend the $550 on something else.

Oh and my sis used to go to school in PA...I refused to ever DRIVE up there for a visit because the roads would've torn my car apart.
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 21st, 2007, 12:28 AM   #4
^_________^

Send a message via AIM to stevent
^ i agree and you should post in the wanted section too cause you might have more chances of getting what you need there.
stevent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2007, 11:54 AM   #5
B2theRaN1

pics of alternatives or what

below are pics of the silk auto. sides and bumper.. would they work well with the WW front bumper? I hate to send it back due to shipping costs... I just am really puzzled towards what 2 do.. Is there a front bumper out there that looks good without the skirts and rear? Please post I need help on this stuff

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...k00036128.html

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...k00036129.html
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:06 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to metallikatz3
First: dont buy from andy's autosport!!!
second: thats a knock off black widow kit
Third: it will not look good with WW cuz of how boxy the BWI kit is
Fourth: I go to college in gettysburg, PA and yes the roads suck, my car is still lowered and it just takes some effort to drive on the roads around here, but its do-able

My suggestion would be just to return the WW front, because like others have said, you won't be able to get get a kit/paint for another $350, for decent stuff it will be closer to $1000 including paint. Then get yourself some headers and/pr under drive pulleys.
metallikatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:20 PM   #7
B2theRaN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallikatz3
First: dont buy from andy's autosport!!!
second: thats a knock off black widow kit
Third: it will not look good with WW cuz of how boxy the BWI kit is
Fourth: I go to college in gettysburg, PA and yes the roads suck, my car is still lowered and it just takes some effort to drive on the roads around here, but its do-able

My suggestion would be just to return the WW front, because like others have said, you won't be able to get get a kit/paint for another $350, for decent stuff it will be closer to $1000 including paint. Then get yourself some headers and/pr under drive pulleys.

Well the paint cost is no biggie i know a guy for that.. but looks like ill be sending the WW front back to andys... would this be a good springs kit Eibach Springs - Pro Kit (Lowers Front:2.0inch/ Rear:1.7 inch) for my car? and then just leave the car be without a kit? and what kind of pr under drive pulleys do u suggest?

also is there any front bumper out there that looks good alone without skirts and rear?
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:39 PM   #8

I have H&R sport springs which are very simmilar to the eibach prokit springs, mine are 1.5" front 1.3" rear. Theres a fair number of people around here with unorthodox racing pulleys and they work very well on the AV6.

If you want to get some sort of body work, find either a mugen front lip or type-r lip, those are about the only two that look good by themselves. Right now I'm looking to get rid of my Kaminari lip kit because I'm sick of driving with it and I cant keep it looking nice, and I'm either going to switch to a type-r front lip or keep it stock.

Also, where in PA are you?
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:47 PM   #9

Send the front lip back, get some nice suspension setup and slam the ride. Trust me, it will look awesome even without the lipkit. For example, check out vietninjaj30a1's ride. If that's not your style, then i guess save up more for the full WW kit. Look on forsale section on v6p, you will find good deals it just takes time.
blackhawk411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:48 PM   #10
B2theRaN1

hey thank u so much

i am on the outskirts of pittsburgh ..little town called leechburgh.. rendell doesnt give much a **** about our roads.... I have made the decision to just buy a grill and return this WW Front bumper... do u have any suggestions for a grill? that type-r one looks nice and i figure that would save me some cash if i can find it cheap.... what do u suggest? andys auto sport has some but i dont know what the hell im lookin for cause it says nothing about 2d or 4dr...
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:48 PM   #11

Okay this literally took me 5seconds.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=85540

get it

btw,
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ndys+autosport

Last edited by blackhawk411; April 21st, 2007 at 12:50 PM..
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:49 PM   #12
B2theRaN1

by suspension ... what would u suggest.. any links ..Thanks for all this help its much appreciated
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:53 PM   #13

get the prokits or H&R sports with some tokico illuminas and you'll be happy.
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:56 PM   #14
B2theRaN1

any links to a front grill type-r for the 98 sedan v6?
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM   #15

H&R Race...goes lower. Or coilovers.
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM   #16

lower your ride man, its looks better right away, if you buy anything make sure you dont buy fiberglass or you'll be painting it every 6 months.
YamahaR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in