Accident.. Front Bumper damage.. help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #1
Your Mom is JDM

Send a message via AIM to A-cord
Accident.. Front Bumper damage.. help

ok so i was involved in a minor accident.. some kid rear ended me then i was pushed into the truck in front of me which had a hitch.. so therefore i have a lil hole in my front end..

i went to an adjuster and he gave me a check for $729.92 .. and i know i can put on a bumper myself. soo where can i find a good price on a oem bumper?? i'm not trying to spend 200-300 on a bumper.

i've tried looking in the classifieds, but no bumpers cept for some kits

and have any of you ever gotten extra money left over after an accident? and if you have, can you spend it? maybe put that money towards a drop??

here are some pics..

hehe yeah i know, i don't have emblems =\

since i was rear ended, my rear end was pushed in a bit.. but i figured i could just re-align everything.

and here's the inside of my bumper..

thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by A-cord; April 30th, 2007 at 05:47 PM..
A-cord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #2

EEEK!

Looks like your front bumper made it out alright auctually. I allways looked at those huge hitches and wondered... What would that do to my bumper... Hmmm...

Didnt hit the radiator or anything, right?

And, that check you got was kinda stingey
Id expect this to cost like 1,400 at a shop... But just go to the junkyard and find your car, id be awesome if its the same color, theyre probably like $150 ea... Get off cheap, and pocket the rest

E

Last edited by ericspda; April 29th, 2007 at 03:17 PM..
ericspda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #3
Your Mom is JDM

nah no radiator damage

hmmm yeah i think i'm going to get another estimate from a real shop.. and hopefully then i'll be able to cash more money.. they probably tried to just brush me off because i'm young and all but nope not happenin'

Old April 29th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #4
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kleptodathief
is that 00-98 front bumper? cuz it looks like one pc setup? is ur grill part removable?
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #5
Your Mom is JDM

yeah it's a 98 .. so no removable upper grill
Old April 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #6
.ndraaaa

Send a message via AIM to plumers
Doesn't look really bad to me. What I would do to the front bumper is just put a license plate on and it's done. For the rear ones if you don't mind some scratches, just remove the bumper completely and put it back, like what I did when I got rear ended. Do the same if you need to align the front bumper.

If you need a new rear bumper, go to local junkyard and it won't cost you more than 150 bucks a piece, usually it only cost you 100 bucks. Use the rest of what you got for lowering springs (250), exhaust or header (250), and intake (150).

Last edited by plumers; April 29th, 2007 at 07:12 PM..
plumers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #7
Your Mom is JDM

yeah my friends told me to just put a plate over the damage.. but iono just knowing that my car/baby is nicked up, it just doesn't feel right hahah. so i'll most likely scout the junk yards around here for a front end. and as for the back i'll be taking it off and putting it back on because it's been rattling and it gets pretty annoying
Old April 29th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #8
.ndraaaa

Send a message via AIM to plumers
Me personally, I like everything in my car original, no matter if it's screwed up or not, unless it's really really f-ed up. That's why I just leave all the scratches and dents on my rear bumper alone. Either replace it with brand new item or leave it as it is.

Dude, make sure your exhaust is hooked up to the hanger properly, that rattling noises might be the muffler. Mine was loose when I got rear ended, that caused the rattling noises in my car.
plumers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #9
Your Mom is JDM

oh damn thanks, i'll check that asap
Old April 29th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #10

go get an estimate of how much it would cost. for mine, it cost $100 for paint (went to the paint shop) and few bucks for bondo-fiberglass to repair my bumper. here's a before and after picture. and yes, i did the bondo all by myself.

jdm_dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2007, 09:32 PM   #11
Your Mom is JDM

hmmm that bondo job looks pretty decent .. was there any damage under the bumper? cause it looked kinda pushed in, in the 3rd pic.

i'll have to add a pic of the bend in the bumper from the inside of it.
Old April 30th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #12

yes, it slightly bent my bumper reinforcement support so the driver's side bumper is saggy down a little bit. you can tell since there's a gap between the headlamp and the bumper. what i would do is, get it estimated and see how much it cost for everything. it might be cheaper for you to let a shop fix it than yourself. but for me, it's a great project to do when you fix your own stuff 'cause you know exactly what is wrong. but from what i see in your picture, your bumper reinforcement support didn't sag your bumper down so i think it's fine since it looks aligned and everything. just bondo and get it paint and you should be fine.
jdm_dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to starrsearch_ Send a message via MSN to starrsearch_
Lol my bumper support didn't even get bent, but when I got my new front bumper on it is leaving a tiny gap with the hood. It didn't not line up with the headlights, but I put my retros on, and now they line up. Cost me $200 for an OEM bumper, and $100 to paint it now. Already some dumbass scratched my bumper in the parking lot its tiny though, and they dropped something on my hood...
starrsearch_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:55 PM   #14
Your Mom is JDM

Quote:
yes, it slightly bent my bumper reinforcement support so the driver's side bumper is saggy down a little bit. you can tell since there's a gap between the headlamp and the bumper. what i would do is, get it estimated and see how much it cost for everything. it might be cheaper for you to let a shop fix it than yourself. but for me, it's a great project to do when you fix your own stuff 'cause you know exactly what is wrong. but from what i see in your picture, your bumper reinforcement support didn't sag your bumper down so i think it's fine since it looks aligned and everything. just bondo and get it paint and you should be fine.
actually my bumper did sag under my right headlight but my friend pushed it back in =\.. not sure how that's gonna hold up.. but this weekend i'm probably going to take both ends off and see what's the deal put em back on..

also i noticed that a couple of clips holding down the rear bumper inside the trunk broke. you think a dealer or something would carry ectra clips?

Quote:
Lol my bumper support didn't even get bent, but when I got my new front bumper on it is leaving a tiny gap with the hood. It didn't not line up with the headlights, but I put my retros on, and now they line up. Cost me $200 for an OEM bumper, and $100 to paint it now. Already some dumbass scratched my bumper in the parking lot its tiny though, and they dropped something on my hood...
where'd you get the bumper at? a dealer?

and is the hood damage bad? hopefully it is so you can throw a cf hood on there

i'm trying to get lucky and hopefully find a white bumper at a junkyard.. or i might just end up patching it up with a few of my buddies since we're always looking to do something to our cars every weekend.

Last edited by A-cord; April 30th, 2007 at 05:57 PM..
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:30 AM   #15
Your Mom is JDM

updated pics
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:22 AM   #16

i have a set of bumper covers from a 99 accord, if you are interested ill send you the bumper cover and re-enforcement the front $100 and the back for $60 im in Atlanta GA, the car is DT green, and ill try to help you with shipping i own a business so when you ship business to business its cheaper.

hit me up on here or at 404 488 0348. leave a message if i dont asnwer, sometimes im busy at the office and cant asnwer my phone.
YamahaR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #17
Your Mom is JDM

nah i'm good thanks.. i'll be leaving my bumper as it is for now and use the money to go get myself a drop *thumbs up*
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #18
v not some model, my girl

Send a message via AIM to 99v6sedan
A-cord please take your car to a bodyshop and have it fixed professionally. your bumper re-enforcement is touching your a/c condenser. you probably have some minor frame damage. if you were hit in the rear hard enough to be pushed into a trailer hitch, and the trailer hitch did that much damage to your re-enforcment i would HATE to see what your rear body panel looks like. just think if you dont get that renforcement replaced you are in an UNSAFE car. next time you get into an accident it will be 10x worse than if you were to go get this accident fixed RIGHT. and the 729.92 you got from your insurance company is about a 1/3 of what you'll need to get that fixed professionally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CG Squad Member #16
Official Slammed Club Member #47 Stage 4
A.S.E. Certified Autobody Technician
99v6sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #19
Your Mom is JDM

actually my rear body panel didn't receive much damage. i took it off and put it back on, and there wasn't any damage under the rear bumper. and as for the front end.. i'll be sure to look into that sometime. thanks
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #20
v not some model, my girl

Send a message via AIM to 99v6sedan
was the rear bumper re-enforcement buckled or bent anywhere? did you look underneath the car and see if there is any damage to the rear floor pan?
99v6sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:42 AM   #21
Needs new paint

dude that bent piece in one of your pics looks pretty sketchy. I'd get that fixed asap. btw, imo I think that insurance company gypped you big time with that check. If that's the frame that is bent, you're fubarred. Frame damage is usually pretty expensive to fix.
av6_sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in