Has anyone put Ultra Bulbs on aftermarket headlights? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #1
B2theRaN1
 
b2theran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 45
Has anyone put Ultra Bulbs on aftermarket headlights?

I has aftermarket black housed headlights and I i bought the 9005 and 9006 sylvania ultra's and have know idea how to install them.. The bulbs doesn't simply come out.. it has screws and what not... yes i am knew to the entire experience but i appreciate the help.. thanks
b2theran1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #2
ExSlammed Club Member #52
 
a99blackaccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,454
Send a message via AIM to a99blackaccord Send a message via Yahoo to a99blackaccord
The bulbs should just turn and come out of he headlights. I used to release the socket from the bulb first, then turn and pull the bulb out of the headlight. I dont know why the bulbs would not just come out?
a99blackaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #3
Registered User
 
jdm_dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 790
it should twist counter clockwise, if i remember correctly. first, unplug the socket, this might take awhile. after that, twist it as hard as you can and it should come out.
jdm_dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:21 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Champaned_out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Socal, Diamond Bar
Posts: 2,302
Send a message via AIM to Champaned_out
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2theran1
I has aftermarket black housed headlights and I i bought the 9005 and 9006 sylvania ultra's and have know idea how to install them.. The bulbs doesn't simply come out.. it has screws and what not... yes i am knew to the entire experience but i appreciate the help.. thanks
ive heard alot of people wasting money on sylvania bulbs... people complained the bulbs blew out anywhere from 1 to 6 or 7 months after installing them
Champaned_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Jaegray09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Valley Cottage
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champaned_out
ive heard alot of people wasting money on sylvania bulbs... people complained the bulbs blew out anywhere from 1 to 6 or 7 months after installing them
I've heard this, too. But, I decided to buy a pair of Silver Star Ultras anyway. They are said to last 30% longer than the previous model, so I thought it was worth a try. I have had them for about 9 months now and haven't had a problem.

I should also mention that they really do light the road much better than the OEM bulbs I had (certainly no retro, though). I live in a suburban area with dark streets and a lot of deer, so the light really helps. Eventually I would like to go retro, but I cannot afford the time or money right now.
Jaegray09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #6
Banned
 
kleptodathief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,655
Send a message via MSN to kleptodathief
can't rmember the last time i had OEM bulbs...but comparing oem stanley 9006 bulbs to the ricer bulbs... they r WAY larger and thicker glass bulb! im not even sure if my 8000k hids have more lite or less lite output then stock oem bulbs?
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #7
Registered User
 
jdm_dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaegray09
I've heard this, too. But, I decided to buy a pair of Silver Star Ultras anyway. They are said to last 30% longer than the previous model, so I thought it was worth a try. I have had them for about 9 months now and haven't had a problem.

I should also mention that they really do light the road much better than the OEM bulbs I had (certainly no retro, though). I live in a suburban area with dark streets and a lot of deer, so the light really helps. Eventually I would like to go retro, but I cannot afford the time or money right now.
have you tried the 9005 to 9006 conversion yet? meaning, having a high beam bulb inside the low beam housing? that's what i'm using right now and it helps probably about 20%-30% better than low beam. it's not hard at all. all you need to do is dremel the center piece of your socket and that's it. the fitment is perfect.
jdm_dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #8
B2theRaN1
 
b2theran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 45
whats is my best bet on hooking up these cheap fog lights i bought at my local car store... they are listed as blazer's hid style... i really dont know where to run the wires.
b2theran1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #9
MASTER OF MAYHEM
 
Joepro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Blairsville, PA(near Pittsburgh!)
Posts: 822
Send a message via AIM to Joepro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_dynasty
have you tried the 9005 to 9006 conversion yet? meaning, having a high beam bulb inside the low beam housing? that's what i'm using right now and it helps probably about 20%-30% better than low beam. it's not hard at all. all you need to do is dremel the center piece of your socket and that's it. the fitment is perfect.

Ya, do this its worth it, cheap lighting upgrade.....it works great, there is a positive difference in the lighting output.
Joepro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:14 AM   #10
Banned
 
kleptodathief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,655
Send a message via MSN to kleptodathief
so 9005 bulbs r just briter lite output then 9006s?
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:19 PM   #11
MASTER OF MAYHEM
 
Joepro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Blairsville, PA(near Pittsburgh!)
Posts: 822
Send a message via AIM to Joepro
there 65w vs 55w, so therefore they are brighter.
Joepro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On