Just got my mugen front lip but... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:14 AM   #1
The Japanese Boy

Send a message via AIM to naoandlata Send a message via MSN to naoandlata
Just got my mugen front lip but...

Well Fedex came and I got my mugen front lip and I did a mock fit to find that the lip doesn't fit! The front area of the bumper is covered but the sides don't reach. Is there anything I can do before I have to cut the side portions off making the lip not cover the whole bumper?
naoandlata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #2
4.0L

I think this is a common problem with the Mugen lip. That's one of the reasons that I haven't gotten one for my car. Hope you get it to fit!
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #3
MARTIN

You should ask kevin (DoctorX) how he did his. He is custom fitting a rear lip on his coupe right now, so see if he can be any help to you!
TRUV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 17th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #4
I Love My Ksport!

Send a message via AIM to VietBoiCG1
can u take a picture of it soo i can see how it look like
VietBoiCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #5
Hatin' on me hatin' on me

send it back and request the right application.
inspired1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #6
POS driver

Send a message via AIM to 98CG__sHow
most mugen lips have that problem..its just pretty much a really really tight fit...you gotta stretch it a bit..thats why alot of mugen lips have the problem with the sides cracking about half a inch to a inch...its no biggie..just make sure it doesnt continue cracking.....but most mugen lips..even if they send you another one..will haev this problem
98CG__sHow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2007, 10:27 AM   #7

I had the same problem with mine.
bondandracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #8
central Cali accords

Send a message via AIM to mista jc
I had an 02 + mugen(ebay auction said 01-02 only). Someone in front of hometown buffet left my bumper hanging off and headlight SMASHED. Luckily the mugen lip had a black part that seemed to rub off but some stayed on. Thought about selling it, but found a killer deal on 98 bumper and slapped the mugen on there.

It was sort of a tight fit but I had my buddy keep it on hold on one side while I drilled it on there, then the other side. viola, it fit! Hope that helps, no cutting necessary for mine..

G'luck~

-jc
mista jc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2007, 03:31 AM   #9

So this is with every mugen lip for the accord? I ordered mine a week ago and its suppose to come in by tommorow, hope I dont have to strecth it either. =X If so, is it hard to do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
knguyen228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #10
Destroyer of Tires

Hmm, I think the only bumpers that have this problem are the 98 - 00's. I remember that I gave my first lip (mind you I'm on my third) to my friend with a 00 front bumper, and he said it did not fit. How much shorter is it? If it's like 1/8th - 1/4 of an inch then just try and stretch it to make it fit.

All the lips I've owned fit perfectly fine on my bumper, no problems whatsoever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What is

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2007, 11:23 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to JTS97Z28
sounds like a quality product

Thats why I think when I get my lip im going OEM.
JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2007, 05:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X
Hmm, I think the only bumpers that have this problem are the 98 - 00's. I remember that I gave my first lip (mind you I'm on my third) to my friend with a 00 front bumper, and he said it did not fit. How much shorter is it? If it's like 1/8th - 1/4 of an inch then just try and stretch it to make it fit.

All the lips I've owned fit perfectly fine on my bumper, no problems whatsoever.
Cool, because I ordered the 01-02 coupe bumper for my sedan too. So it should fit I guess.

Old July 19th, 2007, 09:31 PM   #13
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
sounds like a quality product

Thats why I think when I get my lip im going OEM.
The cost of the OEM lip kit is like 250 for the front? I got my Mugen lip for 60 bucks picked up. You get what you pay for I guess, plus the OEM one is meant for the bumper and is made of flexible polyurethane, rather than crappy ABS plastic. Polyurethane > ABS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knguyen228
Cool, because I ordered the 01-02 coupe bumper for my sedan too. So it should fit I guess.
You shouldn't have a problem then. Did you order the lip for the 01 - 02 bumpers or the 98 - 02? If you ordered the 98 - 02 then you'll have to cut it to make it fit, but it's not hard.

Old July 20th, 2007, 04:36 AM   #14

I ordered the 01-02 mugen lip, so I don't think I should have a problem with it. It should come in today hopefully, can't wait. =)

Old July 21st, 2007, 07:39 PM   #15
The Japanese Boy

Send a message via AIM to naoandlata Send a message via MSN to naoandlata
Well guys me and my friends finished painting the lip (black) b/c it was all scratched up. We tried numerous times of trying to get it on until we noticed that the bumper and the inner fender were not bolted on together thus expanding the bumper making the lip impossible to fit. We solved that and got the lip to go nicely but ended up with tiny cracks on each side of lip.
naoandlata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:15 AM   #16
Hello from Australia!

Well i ordered a type R style lip all the way to australia. It said 01 to 02. but i got a 98 - 01 so big bumper differences there.

What i did, bought a heatgun, pulled the endflaps out, moulded the whole lip around my bumper and now it fits pretty well.

sides are held on via rivets, brackets, then screws onto the bumper. its a pretty ghetto job, took a bit of grunting and cursing but it looks the goods. it just takes a bit of patience, a helper mate and some nice tunes.
SiReal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2008, 01:04 AM   #17

doctor X where did you get your lip???
azndawgg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2008, 01:09 AM   #18
Destroyer of Tires

I bought my most recent one from a seller on eBay. I can't really remember their name since it's been about a year since I purchased it though. If you email most sellers of Mugen lips on eBay you should be able to get your hands on one that's for an 01 - 02 front bumper rather than a 98 - 00.

Old February 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM   #19
Boosted

i got my type r lip from ebay and it sides didnt fit,so i had to put it as close as posible the tabs on the side,i think it was like an 1" way on both sides,then have you and sum1 else pull ultil the tab goes around the bumper then screw that baby on.it takes some elbow grease but itl work
1nonlyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:31 PM   #20

im getting my mugen lip next week, hopei dont get this prblem.
OniLink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 4th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to johnnydinh701
yea i had to stretch mine and it cracked a little on the sides but now my lip curves up in the middle and i have no idea not to make it curve up. its buggin the hell outta me when i see it
johnnydinh701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in