Guess what the guy in red and yellow brought me again!? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:06 PM   #1

Front came in but...

I recieved the front this morning, was so happy. As I was unwrapping it. I notice theres a big problem with my bumper. Some one or something was on top of it and its bent inwards.... wow, that pisses me off so damn bad . Here are the pictures. Enjoy as of now. Going in the shop on Thursday to get painted. I don't know if I want to finish it off with the rest of the lip kit, because I'm looking foward to a 05+ Acura RSX Type-s..

Goodbye you p.o.s immitation Blackwiddow front..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by knguyen228; July 23rd, 2007 at 05:42 PM..
knguyen228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:48 PM   #2
MARTIN

Congrats on the new bumper and lip...how much did that setup run you?
TRUV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUV6
Congrats on the new bumper and lip...how much did that setup run you?
Thanks man.

Lip = $85.00
Front = $98.00

Just have to wait for paint now. =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:39 PM   #4
AV6.com Veteran

more pics of the audi in the garage.
kayotik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:42 PM   #5
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
fun! what was wrong with the knockoff front bumper? and when are you going to change your side skirts?
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayotik
more pics of the audi in the garage.
Makes me sad, you don't care about the Accord... =*( hah jk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittanys1
fun! what was wrong with the knockoff front bumper? and when are you going to change your side skirts?
When I get my self a job and earn some money. =) It took me a month to save up for that front and lip.. felt like years.. Lol

Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:59 PM   #7
M

wow the accord looks so much better w/ that front bumper/lip.

you need a drop though. hahahah.
imnotmatt1189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmatt1189
wow the accord looks so much better w/ that front bumper/lip.

you need a drop though. hahahah.
Thanks, I really don't know if I want to drop it or not. Roads down here are

Old July 23rd, 2007, 09:29 PM   #9

where did you get the bumper from? and is it OEM?

thanks
nvsaccord02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #10

^^^ebay. um im pretty sure its oem.

Old July 24th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
hmm you shold leave the way it is...cool contrast. BTW looks awesome!

CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:44 AM   #12
same avatar since 03'

Send a message via AIM to kEyChAiN
How's the fitment with the sedan hood? Looks good though
kEyChAiN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV_33
hmm you shold leave the way it is...cool contrast. BTW looks awesome!
Thanks, yeah imma just leave it as it is after I get it painted. Going to sell the car soon. Makes me kind of sad, but o well. Something better is coming. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kEyChAiN
How's the fitment with the sedan hood? Looks good though
Fitment is pretty good, I just had to squeeze the bumper in a lil bit. Everything is cool though, was planning on ordering an OEM CF coupe hood but I dont want to put any more money down into the car. Getting a new car.

Last edited by knguyen228; July 24th, 2007 at 02:50 AM..
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:54 AM   #14
Destroyer of Tires

Looks real nice, just get the rest of the car (sides and rear) redone (meaning new parts ) and it'll be SUPER CLEAN! How does the lip fit?

What is

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X

Looks real nice, just get the rest of the car (sides and rear) redone (meaning new parts ) and it'll be SUPER CLEAN! How does the lip fit?
Lip fits on there A+ PERFECT. I really want to buy the sides and rear, but I don't want to spend any more money on it since im selling it. Thats the part that makes me soo sad. I would love to see this car with the whole lipkit and lowered, but it's time to let it go.. Need something better.

EDIT: Still pending on wether to keep the car, or just go with the Rsx.. I have tons way more on my mind to put on the Accord. RSX really have nothing on mind but rims and a drop.. You guys choose for me. Accord or RSX?

Last edited by knguyen228; July 24th, 2007 at 03:48 AM..
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #16
Destroyer of Tires

Now are we talking about a regular RSX or a Type S?

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #17

TypeS, there ain't no hella way imma get a base model rsx. Lol

Its so nicee..

Old July 24th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #18
AV6.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knguyen228
TypeS, there ain't no hella way imma get a base model rsx. Lol

Its so nicee..
that's hot. good choice.
kayotik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #19
v not some model, my girl

Send a message via AIM to 99v6sedan
this is the exact setup im planning on doing on my front end. i have a cf invader hood for the coupe, so it doesnt line up with my 99 sedan front bumper. and for $98 that is definatly not an OEM bumper. but it looks good though. all you need now is the coupe hood to get rid of that huge gap.

p.s. please take pics of the bumper to finder gap. i know the coupe front bumper has a bodyline that swoops up into the fender. i want to see how much metal work i am going to have to do to my sedan fenders. thanks.

Last edited by 99v6sedan; July 24th, 2007 at 08:33 PM..
99v6sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #20
EliteCM.net

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004
looks nice even unpainted
sy272004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2007, 04:37 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99v6sedan
this is the exact setup im planning on doing on my front end. i have a cf invader hood for the coupe, so it doesnt line up with my 99 sedan front bumper. and for $98 that is definatly not an OEM bumper. but it looks good though. all you need now is the coupe hood to get rid of that huge gap.

p.s. please take pics of the bumper to finder gap. i know the coupe front bumper has a bodyline that swoops up into the fender. i want to see how much metal work i am going to have to do to my sedan fenders. thanks.
The gaps are pretty bad on mine, still trying to figure out how to keep them from poppin out so much. Any ideas?

The part on the front that swoops up to the fender doesn't really bother me, I just don't like how the side of the bumper pops out a lil bit as in the first picture. ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy272004
looks nice even unpainted
Thanks man. =)

Last edited by knguyen228; July 25th, 2007 at 02:48 PM..
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #22
EliteCM.net

Quote:
The gaps are pretty bad on mine, still trying to figure out how to keep them from poppin out so much. Any ideas?

The part on the front that swoops up to the fender doesn't really bother me, I just don't like how the side of the bumper pops out a lil bit as in the first picture. ^^^

Thanks man. =)
isnt bumpter supposed to go over that clip that sticking out. i think thats what clip there for. did you try to remove spash guard around wheel and see if you can do something from inside of bumper? my friend did that with his prelude. he screwed in bumper from inside

you think it would look good with 2 tone paint. black on bottom and leave blue on top? couse from color of bumper against blue looks really good

Last edited by sy272004; July 25th, 2007 at 02:57 PM..
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #23

Quote:
isnt bumpter supposed to go over that clip that sticking out. i think thats what clip there for. did you try to remove spash guard around wheel and see if you can do something from inside of bumper? my friend did that with his prelude. he screwed in bumper from inside

you think it would look good with 2 tone paint. black on bottom and leave blue on top? couse from color of bumper against blue looks really good
I've tried the clip thing, every time I try to push it in the clip it stays there for like a split second then pops right back out. Havn't tried removing the splash gaurds, but I will deff try that out and see if it'll work or not.

About the two tone paint, it really depends on how you do it I guess. The best two toned paint job I've seen on an Accord is "AxisAccord" but thats just me.

Old July 25th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #24
EliteCM.net

Quote:
I've tried the clip thing, every time I try to push it in the clip it stays there for like a split second then pops right back out. Havn't tried removing the splash gaurds, but I will deff try that out and see if it'll work or not.

About the two tone paint, it really depends on how you do it I guess. The best two toned paint job I've seen on an Accord is "AxisAccord" but thats just me.
how about screw in screw through that clip and bumper so they would stay in right.
Old July 25th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #25

Quote:
how about screw in screw through that clip and bumper so they would stay in right.
or I could do that.
or mayb just by a coupe fender so that everything is straight.

Old July 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #26
v not some model, my girl

Send a message via AIM to 99v6sedan
first off this is why an OEM bumper is better than an aftermarket bumper. fitment on aftermarket bumpers is poor 85% of the time. in this case i would suggest taking a ride over to your nearest honda dealerships parts dept. and get 2 new clips. from the pictures i cant tell if yours are worn or loose. after installing the new clips get the bumper lined up to where it needs to be with the 8mm phillips bolt at the ends of the bumpers LOOSE. next take a heat gun and SLOWLY heat the plastic. be careful because heatguns will melt wrinkle marks in the plastic if its held too close. if you dont have a heat gun, try a hair dryer, im not too sure if it will put out enough heat, youll have to hold it real close in order for it to work im sure. you'll also want to be wearing some kind of thick gloves so you dont burn your hands. as your heating youll want to lightly press on the bumper edge near the headlight that is sticking out. try to keep the heat away from the very corner where you'll be pressing. the area of the bumper you want to heat up is from, 3 inches along the bottom of the headlight where it meets the fender/bumper gap, to about 2.5 inches from the bumper end, then down about an inch from the bodyline. it helps to have 2 people on the next step. if you're coordinated enough 1 person can do it. next press in on the corner of the bumper where it meets the headlight/fender, pull out kind of firmly on the bottom edge of the bumper at the same time and then tighten up the 8mm phillips screw, all at the same time. keep pressure on the corner and have some ice nearby to quickly cool the plastic down and hopefully "freeze" the bumper in that state. keep pressure on the corner edge the whole time during cooling. that should fix your problem. whew......

CG Squad Member #16
Official Slammed Club Member #47 Stage 4
A.S.E. Certified Autobody Technician
99v6sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99v6sedan
first off this is why an OEM bumper is better than an aftermarket bumper. fitment on aftermarket bumpers is poor 85% of the time. in this case i would suggest taking a ride over to your nearest honda dealerships parts dept. and get 2 new clips. from the pictures i cant tell if yours are worn or loose. after installing the new clips get the bumper lined up to where it needs to be with the 8mm phillips bolt at the ends of the bumpers LOOSE. next take a heat gun and SLOWLY heat the plastic. be careful because heatguns will melt wrinkle marks in the plastic if its held too close. if you dont have a heat gun, try a hair dryer, im not too sure if it will put out enough heat, youll have to hold it real close in order for it to work im sure. you'll also want to be wearing some kind of thick gloves so you dont burn your hands. as your heating youll want to lightly press on the bumper edge near the headlight that is sticking out. try to keep the heat away from the very corner where you'll be pressing. the area of the bumper you want to heat up is from, 3 inches along the bottom of the headlight where it meets the fender/bumper gap, to about 2.5 inches from the bumper end, then down about an inch from the bodyline. it helps to have 2 people on the next step. if you're coordinated enough 1 person can do it. next press in on the corner of the bumper where it meets the headlight/fender, pull out kind of firmly on the bottom edge of the bumper at the same time and then tighten up the 8mm phillips screw, all at the same time. keep pressure on the corner and have some ice nearby to quickly cool the plastic down and hopefully "freeze" the bumper in that state. keep pressure on the corner edge the whole time during cooling. that should fix your problem. whew......
WOW... I don't even know what to say. Sounds like your the guy that knows what he's doing. Thanks alot man, I will deff give that a try.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in