Mixed Matched Lip Kit... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #1

Mixed Matched Lip Kit...

As I long for a complete OEM lip kit, the chances of coming across one get slimmer and slimmer. So, I have thought about maybe piecing together a lip kit with parts that are readily available to me. What would you all think of:

OEM front lip, (I need a poly lip up front, and I don't like WW front for coupe)
Mugen sides (made to fit my coupe), and
Wings West rear lip

When I picture it in my head, it looks good. But then I think about 3 different styles and the picture gets murky. Let me know what you all think.

Side profile included for anyone interested in chopping

Jaegray09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #2
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

hmmmm I don't think it'd be too bad. nice choice on the magnaflow catback btw. I love mine.

anyway, I'm thinking about eventually doing mugen front and sides with ww rear. the only problem is about the oem front lip is it seems more rounded off to me, but yeah I don't like the ww front all that much either. here let me show you a picture. this is not my accord, just inspiration. I forget who's accord this is, so sorry, but it's just an idea...

I think it's kinda strange to have three diff style lips, but that's just me. I'd say either go full oem or oem front and oem sides with ww rear like that guy ^^ or do mugen front and mugen sides and ww rear.
Trevendous03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #3
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
why dont you do mugen all around?

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 7th, 2007, 02:12 AM   #4

i think lips kits mix and matching can come out nice but its hard to tell until everything is on there
madaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #5
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
the oem front will be a lil shorter than the rest of your kit - maybe a type-r rear lip , the WW rear lip is HUGE
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2007, 05:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevendous03 View Post
hmmmm I don't think it'd be too bad.

anyway, I'm thinking about eventually doing mugen front and sides with ww rear. the only problem is about the oem front lip is it seems more rounded off to me, but yeah I don't like the ww front all that much either.

I think it's kinda strange to have three diff style lips, but that's just me. I'd say either go full oem or oem front and oem sides with ww rear like that guy ^^ or do mugen front and mugen sides and ww rear.
I agree, and I like that car in the picture. The only problem I have found is the availability of the OEM sides. And I am not interested in a mugen front because I cannot find a polyurethane mugen front lip. Considering how low I am, plus the extra couple of inches from the lip, and add NY/NYC roads, I need a polyurethane front. I'm not interested in cracking lips and repairing/repainting, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiet View Post
why dont you do mugen all around?
See above about the front. I don't mind the mugen sides, but I'm not sold on the rear, yet. I have only seen it on 1 coupe and I know DocX is working on his, so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaccord View Post
i think lips kits mix and matching can come out nice but its hard to tell until everything is on there
I agree.. I wish I had a crystal ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidaznmunkey View Post
the oem front will be a lil shorter than the rest of your kit - maybe a type-r rear lip , the WW rear lip is HUGE
Type R rear lip? Never knew it existed. I will have to look for this one...
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #7
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidaznmunkey View Post

I know the ww rear lip is not an underspoiler, it's more of a fatter rear lip, but it still looks good from what I've seen in pictures with the mugen front and sides and the oem front and sides.

and crap I used to know of this one website where to find the oem sides. ahhhhhhh I'm trying to remember. I'll get back with you on this.
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #8
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

k found it. you can get the oem kit on here color matched... http://www.handa-accessories.com/accext00.html
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:35 AM   #9
PSI Tuning /////

do oem sides, rear, and then do a type r front.
xxvietside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Legendaryyaj
From profile, that WW rear flows VERY well with the OEM kit.
Legendaryyaj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #11
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendaryyaj View Post
From profile, that WW rear flows VERY well with the OEM kit.
have you seen it in person or just in pictures?? cause I'm still undecided as to what I should do in the near future. my car's only two inches lower, so I doubt I'd crack unless my dad was driving it, which he does from time to time. and he takes turns so wide and goes straight on towards an embankment. it's so freaking scary! I'm like "go at an angle!!! ahhhh" anyway though, I'm either thinking about doing what vtecaznracer did with the mugen sides and front and oem custom-fitted rear or with the ww rear. the oem front and sides would be too hard to custom-fit my 02. I think anyways, cause I'd have to switch front bumpers too. it'd just be too much of a hassle. so anyone seen the mugen front and sides with ww rear in person???
Old August 7th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #12
Roll Out!

Send a message via AIM to tha eklectiq
i have ww front and rear with mugen sides and it looks fine.
tha eklectiq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #13
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

good deal. thanks.
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevendous03 View Post
k found it. you can get the oem kit on here color matched... http://www.handa-accessories.com/accext00.html
Yeah I know of Handa, but there are 2 problems... First, I'm not interested in paying $415 for sides. And secondly, even if I was willing to pay that much, they don't have the sides in San Marino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxvietside View Post
do oem sides, rear, and then do a type r front.
... Not available. The only OEM piece I could get my hands on is the front lip. As for the sides and rear, I can't find any, especially in my color. That's why I have resorted to the possibility of mix and matching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in