Need help with DIY mod of Mugen front lip onto 01-02 coupe bumper - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:19 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to ong-boi
Need help with DIY mod of Mugen front lip onto 01-02 coupe bumper

i hope i've posted in the correct place, wasn't a DIY section...or i'm just blind lol

So i've searched up a few forums (6thgenaccord and torontoaccords) including this forum, and I have yet to find much info pertaining to my topic.

Just want to know what was needed/done to make a Mugen front lip fit on to an 01-02 coupe bumper.

I know it's possible to find the 01-02 lip out there, but i can probably pick up the 98-00 coupe mugen lip for cheap so just wanted to see what the process involved in making it fit on the 01-02 coupe bumper

any help is appreciated!!
ong-boi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM   #2
POS driver

Send a message via AIM to 98CG__sHow
all you do is cut the inner tabs to make it fit..
heres a short tutorial

NOTE: the pic is a pic of a civic mugen lip..but i just used it to show you with the red circle where you are suppose to cut...cut a little bit at a time so that you could fit it in...or else youll have some sick gaps..
98CG__sHow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Derek

Nice upgrade, I'm sure you're going to keep this secret on TAC, hope it works out well, would like to see the final product once your done.
damage2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:08 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to ong-boi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CG__sHow View Post
all you do is cut the inner tabs to make it fit..
heres a short tutorial

NOTE: the pic is a pic of a civic mugen lip..but i just used it to show you with the red circle where you are suppose to cut...cut a little bit at a time so that you could fit it in...or else youll have some sick gaps..

Awesome!! thanks 98CG__sHow, that's all i wanted to confirm!

Derek, well some of the guys know already.. but it'll be different as i have yet to see any other accords in Toronto with this set-up! but once i pick up the lip and fix up the bumper+paint, hopefully i can make it out before the seasons over!
ong-boi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:04 PM   #5
Hello from Australia!

not sure about coupe, but on the sedan, I had to completely remould the shape of the lip.
Not only did I have to cut the tabs, I had to change teh curves of the lip by using a heat gun, softening the plastic and then pressing onto the bumper to obatin the desired shape. takes a bit of work but well worth it once complete.
SiReal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in