DV8's : Indiglo Installation hints and Blackhousing lamp DIY - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2003, 01:35 PM   #1
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
DV8's : Indiglo Installation hints and Blackhousing lamp DIY

Indiglo And Headlight Installing/Clearing Tips
Hey Guys, me and 99aznaccord just cleared out my headlights and blacked it out this weekend. We also installed the Reverse Indiglo Gauge. I don't have any pics but I can give you guys some tips.

I have a 2002 Accord V6 sedan, and here are some problems that we ran into and here are some Tips.

Clearing/Blacking out the Headlight..

Supply...
-GE Clear Interior Silicon found at walmart in the Kitchen Section - 2.75
-Heat Gun - 20 dollars
-Screw Driver, phillps and flat head
-Patience
-black Opti Color 1200Degrees paint - 3.99

There weren't any major problems clearing out the headlight, just take off the bumper and unscrew the headlights. It's very simple. The hard part was taking the housing apart.

We used a heat gun, and slowly worked to take the headlight apart. When you do use a heat gun, make sure you don't melt the plastic clips that hold the headlight together. Just slowly work at it from one end. Once you get that part open, jsut slowly pry it open, and then use the heat gun to melt away the silicon. Use COMMON SENSE. The heat gun gets REALLY REALLY HOT!

The panting is easy also, we used black electrical tape to mask the Chrome part, because unlike regualr masking tape, it doesn't leave a residue. And it 's soooo much easier to work with

Scrape off aas much of the silicon you can off the glass part, but you can leave some on the plastic part of the headlight, that can be reused. Then just fill the groove with silicon, then press the headlight into it. Then heat it up, then press some more. Make sure u don't break anything, then apply another thin layer of silicon over the top of it, and use ur fingers to distribute it evenly that's it!

Hint: Apply about 4-8 coats of paint to the housing, because when you have more, the darker it will look, and even when the lights shines on it, the housing won't turn that brown.

Another hint is that, you don't need to get that RTV silicon. That cost 8.95 at the auto stores, and the one we used is as better as the 9 dollar one. And 1 tube is just enough for 2 headlights.

Reverse Indiglo Installations

Supplies
-Phillips Screw Driver
-Star Style Screw Driver
-Thin 3m Double Sided tape

Taking out the 2002 V6 gauge was a pain. The front part is the hardest, here is what we did. U unscrew the top 2 screwes and then, there are 2 clips on either side of the front part. To take that out, just grab and Snap hard. After that taking out the front part of the dash is simple. All you have to do is unscrew 4 screws and unplug 3 green plugs. *Note: make sure you unplug the - on ur battery, or ur airbag will deploy.*

On the 2k2 V6 gauge cluster, you can't take off the top glass part, it's glued onto the black bezzel under it. So you'll have to unscrew about 5 screws and unscrew the light bulb fixture thingy...

When i first installed my indiglos, the Milage keeps on sticking, everything else was fine. The RPM and the Milage gauge will give u the most trouble, but the gas and the temp is the easiest.

Here is what we did that worked the best. use the 3m thin 2 sided tape, apply that to all the areas, pay special attention to the area under the needles, that's how they get stuck. Then slowly slide the gauge over the needle, and then peel off the back of the tape, then press down. Test to see if it works.

*Hint: Install it on ur car, then test drive it. Don't put the front dash in, because it's a PAIN!!!!!!!!!! After u test drive it, then put it back in.

Well... this is just hints, not really full installation instructions. Installing is really simple, jsut make sure you have time set aside to do it. It's a great way to save money. Anymore questions, feel free to reply

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Previous: 02 Honda Accord V6 / Few mods. RIP.
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in