Gen 1 5spd Legend tranny swap - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2004, 09:07 PM   #1
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Gen 1 5spd Legend tranny swap

A shop called R&S Customz has been successful in swapping the 5-speed manual transmission from a Gen1 Acura Legend with the C27A4 engine into a Gen6 Accord V6.

Originally posted by JackalD

I was at the Carlisle Custom Compact Power Jam and spoke to a cool guy from Delaware. He swapped an Acura Legend 5 speed manual transmission into his 98 Accord EX V6!!!! He said it cost over 6 grand. You should see his engine bay...there is soo much room! AND, he has a 250 shot of NOS hooked up to it. Before the 250 shot, he had around 100 and said he ran in the 13s. He expects to get into the 11's. He told me he's getting new rods and pistons. This guy is da bomb! Money is no object for him. He's going all out performance. I about **** when I saw the 2 huge NOS bottles in his trunk. OMG, this Accord is badass! He also has a black widow kit and 18's. I told him to go to Englishtown and he said he might be at Budds Creek, MD.

=================

Tranny Swap Shop Information

R & S KUSTOMZ
Auto Repair / Custom Service
60 Germany Drive
Wilmington, DE 19804
302-658-3240
www.randskustumz.com

Owner
Pete Rudolf
302-218-7712

Owner
Larry Schauber
302-218-6376

==============

Originally posted by jupiterfish (email response)

dwayne,
cost for a 5-speed conversion is going to be about $6,500. this would include everything parts wise other then speedo correction.the one we did already went with cyberdyne gauges although i imagine i can make something with the stock one work.lighter flywheel,limited slip diff, upgraded clucth would all be additional. i would recomend you let us handle getting the parts that way if there is a problem with them it is our problem not yours.turn around time would be about 3 weeks once we have all teh parts sitting.also under stand that this is still a prototype and even though it is working better then we had ever hoped there is always the possability that there will be some sort of flaw in the design. but you would be able to say you were one of the first also. if you would like to discuss this farther please e-mail me back with any questions.

thanks for yor inqiry,

~Pete Rudloff~

=================

Originally posted by v6MoMoney (email response)

Maurice,

Thanks for the positive response to the 5-speed conversion and I have taken you up on your offer to join the v-6 accord board, although I cannot promise I will become a major player on there as I am already pretty active on both a Stealth and Jeep lists, respectively but through and through I am a car guy and enjoy talking technical crap about cars as well as showing people what is actually possible.

We have spent just under 10 months R&Ding the 5-speed swap we have utilized the trans from the first gen legend. The major problems we have seen in the past with this trans was its inability to retain oil. So basically we are trying some non-OEM style seals as well as synthetic oil. After having the trans apart I feel it can handle the torque a hopped up v-6 will put out, although this is pure speculation. Once I have this car posted on my web page I will up date it as problems occur. Total cost for us to do another one would be in the $6,500 range. Turn around time would be about 3 weeks. There is a lot of little things that need to be changed both to the engine block as well as the trans. also this is totally prototype so we have no idea at all as to what the longevity is going to be, at this time we are both confident as well as hopeful that we have put enough time into the design process of the job. Time will tell. I think it is a good sign that we put it together did a 5-mile road test and then he took it and drove 300+ miles to Carlisle and back with no problems at all. The car also has in its future an engine overhaul/piston, rods (all forged) as well as most likely some top end work (if I can get crower to cut me a v-tec cam) as well as a lighter flywheel and possibly a custom Quaif. A lot of this stuff is dependent on the customer and what he wants to put money into. And also before you ask we do not do discounts on custom parts we build here, the reason is basically we are a very small shop (4 person) and doing custom conversions like trans swaps do not offer a high profit margin anyways, so in order for us to keep being able to design stuff like this we have to charge for it. We pride ourselves on quality although we do know we are far from perfect. Also you had mentioned sending your car out here for a conversion and we would not have a problem with that but you would spend a small fortune in shipping so bear that in mind. Hopefully I have answered all you questions, if not or if you have new ones please feel free to e-mail me any time.

Thanks for your inquiry,
~Pete Rudloff~
owner:R&S Kustumz inc.
www.RANDSKUSTUMZ.com
302-658-3240

====================

Information From The Owner: 5speedNOSv6

Originally posted by 5speedNOSv6

heres the deal
i have owned the car since sept99 i first put a 80shot fogger system on the car with apexi controler and aem pulleys and intake with 17in rota impacts on it the best time 1/4mile i got was a 14.1 i blew two trans so i decided to try a five speed i havent had a chance to run it due to the fact we are still working the bugs out so once everything is good to go thier well be a dyno test a 1/4mile ets for u guys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2004, 09:08 PM   #2

Links don't seem to work....
Old April 24th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #3

When was this info. last updated?
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 24th, 2004, 10:50 PM   #4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in