Installing Aftermarket Headlights - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #1

Installing Aftermarket Headlights

Can someone please provide me with detailed instructions on installing some aftermarket headlights that i have purchased for my 00 accord coupe.... any help would be appreciated thank you ... and i have looked and searched already and haven't really found anything that would help me ... if any one could provide me with any links that would also be very beneficial and much appreciated, thanks for any help....

Im confused with the wiring on the headlight because there is no wiring on the stock headlight just the light bulbs which snap in so what do i do with all the wiring on the aftermarket headlight... please help.... im a noob who doing his first technical diy....
00cpekid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #2
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Send a message via AIM to Aztro
First you'll have to learn how to take off the front bumper.

http://www.filtsai.com/accord/housings/index.php

The link above should help you out a bit.
Aztro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #3

thanks for the info that helped alot... but now im confused on what to do with the four stripped wires from the aftermarket headlight... not sure since their angel eyes if there is a special way on connecting these wires to certain places... can someone please help me with the wiring on the halos please... thanks

Old May 21st, 2005, 05:56 PM   #4

For one side of the aftermarket angel headlight, you will see four angel eye colored wires. 2 white and 2 red wires. Those are your Angel eye wires. I forgot which one was which. I think that the red wires are for ground(negative) while the white wires are for power(positive). You are suppose to connect the red and white wires to your parking light wire. The parking light wire is your front orange signal light, and it is also your orange parking light that is located right under the low beam(the orange parking light strip in front of the headlights). I connected my angel eyes to the wires that light up the orange strip. That parking wiring should have a positive and a negative. You simply splice the wire a little so you can tap the red and white wires. Just guess which one is positive and negative by simply touching the halo wires to the parking light wires. You should be able to see which one is positive and negative by turning on your parking lights only.

Good Luck!
Victor
XenonKiller99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 02:14 AM   #5

those two wires coming out of the lights are postive (+) power and you negative (-) ground. You can hook them up to anything you want. Most people hook them up to their park lights so they light up with the rest of the system, but you can hook them up to a switch inside the car, or anything else you like. You'll have to figure out which one is postive and negative by testing it out. There is a way to see which is which by looking at the led, but I forget how. I'm sure nate would know, u can check his site at www.ledautomotive.com but your better off testing it out.
swears is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:50 PM   #6

thanks for the information... i've got 'em on and done and look they sweeet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in