Accord V6 Forum banner

DIY : Euro Housing Gauge Installation

4K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  ohm4life911 
#1 ·
Well, White Euro Housing i've bought off ebay didn't fit perfectly even though it said it was for 98-02 accord, and i asked the seller if it fits V6 and he said yes.

SO I did some simple modifications to make it fit.
But when I first got it, I thought I was doomed and wasted my 60 bucks.
Well don't be, any newbs can do this. here is installation guide.

1. There are 2 things you have to take out.
- One, black plastic covering that covers the gauge cover. Two screws on the top. ANd simply pop it out.
- Two, clear plastic cover that covers the gauge cluster. Few screws, can't remember how many. but you'll see. real easy.

2. Leave the gauge cluster there. let it sit there because you dont need to take them out.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
3. As you can see, there are 5 points where plastic thing is sticking out. It supposed to fit the gauge cluster or something i guess, but it doesn't go in/fit as there are no holes for our V6 gauge cluster to fit this in.

- Notice the two red numbers. #2, and #4. Those are the two points where you have to shave it off, or cut it off.

Attachments

#6 ·
5. Here is tricky part. This gauge housing is smaller than what you think. Your needles might stick, it might not.
Its VERY VERY tight fit, and from what i saw, there wasn't any. Maybe there was 1mm gap between the gas&battery needles on the left side of the gauge, but i didn't want to take my chance.

So I shaved it off a little bit. Also shaved the needles off little by using knife. Now, BE VERY CAREFUL.
And make sure to measure correctly so you know where to shave.

Attachments

#7 ·
6. Place the gauge housing and see if it fits the gauge cluster alright.

If it fits like this, then you are ready to be excited.
IF NOT, then you need to shave some more. You might need to shave the two pointy plastic thing that sticks out on the each left&right side bottom corner of the gauge cluster(not the housing).

Keep on trying until it fits.

Attachments

#8 ·
Now, you can trash the original clear plastic gauge cover you had.

You only put in the outer plastic covering.
I've painted white, because black color didn't match the white gauge housing.

(Note- Its the bottom piece. Upper piece is the center console that i decided to paint just for fun)

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
Oh yea, don't mind the pink dog sitting on the gauge.
My girlfriend wanted me to put it there. looks "cute" in her opinion. was kinda embrassing in the beginning, but now im used to it, can't drive without that "lucky dog" of hers. :D

** BTW, Mods, please let me know if this is taking up too much bandwidth. My web hosting server is currently down for few weeks, So I had to do this. If this is a huge concern, Please PM me, I'll do something to it A.S.A.P. thanks.

#12 ·
hey, when I took my climate controls out of my '99 headunit/climate control cover thing, the holes for the temperature and speed are part of the cover, on yours they come out along with the controls. I wish mine did that, I would need that for an install I'm thinking about doing.

Did they change that in 2001? Does anyone know?

#13 · (Edited)
hey, when I took my climate controls out of my '99 headunit/climate control cover thing, the holes for the temperature and speed are part of the cover, on yours they come out along with the controls. I wish mine did that, I would need that for an install I'm thinking about doing.

Did they change that in 2001? Does anyone know?
I heard LX V6 has it like that? because of climate control option on EX V6.

#15 · (Edited)
great DIY..can't wait to get mines....how much did u pay for yours?
And how is the housing attached to the guage cluster...is it held on by the outer plastic cover? One last question, how long did it take them to ship it after they recieved payments. Thanks again.

#16 ·
2002HondaAckord, Yes i got it off ebay. search for "gauge housing"

SiLvAaCCoRdV6, good question. i forgot to mention that part.
You have choices. You can tape it little bit between the gauge cluster and the housing so they stick then put outer plastic cover.
I personally didn't do anything to hold them, i just put outer plastic cover and it holds perfectly fine.
As far as shipping go, its average. For my opinion, little bit slower than average but thats just me. Iam that kind of person who just can't wait for stuff. it took 7 days. And they are located in California, and iam located in Oregon. Right above california. So i dunno what took them 7 days. UPS ground usually takes 2 days to get to oregon from california..so..... oh well. :gotme:

#19 ·
1CleanAccord said:
Last pic.
Where did you get that e brak an shifter handles, how much were they?

#25 ·
That looks very good man, especially with the white covering and the white gauges. I am thinking of getting a blue one since i got the grey interior and blue headunit, and dash, odometer, gauages, so pretty much everything is blue. I don't know i might paint my cover or I might not haven't seen a Blue cover before online or anywhere else so don't know how it looks i need to get an extra one just incase it doesn't look good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.