Stock Weights - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #1
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Stock Weights

I'm thought putting this up, and updating it as I find information... so I did. As of this posting, I just got my Comptech Sport Springs recently, so I had the opportunity to weigh my old springs. This was on a general bathroom scale though.

00-02 EX V6 Coupe Curb Weight: 3,241 lbs.
00-02 EX V6 Sedan Curb Weight: 3,285 lbs.
00-02 LX V6 Coupe Curb Weight: 3,197 lbs.
00-02 LX V6 Sedan Curb Weight: 3,241 lbs.

98-02 V6 Crank Pulley: 8Lbs, 12.2 oz
98-02 EX V6 Springs: 30 lbs.
02 16" Wheel w/ Used Stock Tires w/ Air: 43.5 lbs.
98-02 Spare Tire: 28-30 lbs.
98-02 Jack Tools: 5 lbs.

15 x 6 "Steelie Wheels" (without hubcaps on, and no tires): 20.4 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6pmemba
If my memory is still ON , 02AV6 said stock 205/60/16 rim/tire is 43-43.5lbs = too heavy.

Last edited by Kuya Master; May 30th, 2007 at 07:26 PM..
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #2

how do u figure out the weight of stock wheels vs aftermarket? i already asked in the suspension section, but no one has answered.
4DoorVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 16th, 2006, 11:45 PM   #3
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Most aftermarket rims have their weights somewhere online to be found. You can also e-mail or call them. As a general rule of thumb, if the weights aren't listed, they're heavy. Any rim manufacturer/retailer knows that putting light weight wheels' weights in easy view helps with sales of that model. I know that the Centerline rims I have are 13.5 lbs each (plus whatever the weight of the paint that 02AV6 put on them when they were in his posession). I found at Super Honda a fatty list of stock wheel weights, it's just funny they don't have any for the Accords!

Anyway, the following is copyrighted by/for Super Honda, and is only being posted here for educational/informational purposes, not for profit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Honda
Honda Prelude 97-99: Cast 16x6.5, 19.0 lbs
Honda Prelude 97-99 SH: Cast 16x6.5, 19.7 lbs
Honda S2000: Cast 16x6.5, 17.5 lbs
Honda S2000: Cast 16x7.5 18.6 lbs
So from that, our stock wheel weight is somewhere between 17.5 lbs to 19.7 lbs. I think our stock rim size width is 6.5" or 7". I don't know though, because the stock tire width is 205 mm, which comes out to about 8 inches... and I KNOW that our stock rim measurement for width isn't that wide.

Old July 16th, 2006, 11:51 PM   #4

hmmm, ive looked everywhere and cant find the specs, my stock wheels are 195/65/15 (rims) and the aftermarket wheels are 225/40/18. i think there is a way to calculate it, as listed in show mod section but i cant figure it out. but you're saying that if i look at a honda website, it'll give me the wheel weight specs?
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #5
Mirage Representative

The numbers you gave, are the numbers for the tire size. 195 mm width tires can go on 5.5" - 7" wheels according to Yokohoma. So that doesn't help determine your wheel size. I'm assuming you have 15" diameter rims though, since you have a 99 Accord. Why don't you give me the brand and model of your new wheels and I can do a search. If I find it though, you owe me one! :P
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #6
(つ◕‿◕)つ*.★.*.★.* .★.

i've weighed the stock EX v6 rims with worn OEM michilens tires and they weighed 44lbs each.
Stock spare was 30lbs
jack and tools were 5 lbs.
lower resinator on the OEM intake was 4lbs

All were weighted on a digital bathroom scale.
Red02AccordV6_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:24 AM   #7
Mirage Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red02AccordV6_2
i've weighed the stock EX v6 rims with worn OEM michilens tires and they weighed 44lbs each.
Stock spare was 30lbs
jack and tools were 5 lbs.
lower resinator on the OEM intake was 4lbs

All were weighted on a digital bathroom scale.
I see, I guess my scale just sucks... I'm going to have to buy a new one. Then again, the 02 Rims are a different style than the 00 rims.... *Goes to update initial post for more accurate numbers.*
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya Master
The numbers you gave, are the numbers for the tire size. 195 mm width tires can go on 5.5" - 7" wheels according to Yokohoma. So that doesn't help determine your wheel size. I'm assuming you have 15" diameter rims though, since you have a 99 Accord. Why don't you give me the brand and model of your new wheels and I can do a search. If I find it though, you owe me one! :P
18" Racing Hart C2's (225/40/18). i found out that in the 19" version of my wheels weigh around 21.5 lbs. so im guessing the 18" weighs around 20 lbs. so i need to also know the stock wheel weight, what info do u need to find that out?

i cant weigh my rims on a bathroom scale cuz my scale it waaay to small.
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:42 AM   #9
Mirage Representative

Racing Hart C2: Cast 18x8.5, 21.5 lbs.

I guess the 19" ones you saw were not as wide? Anyway, your stock wheels weigh in the range I estimated in my previous post, compared to similarly sized stock Honda rims. I'd have to say it's more around the 19 lbs. Prelude rim weight side though, since S2000s are supposed to be more performance oriented, and Honda would generally put the lighter more expensive rims they make into them.

Last edited by Kuya Master; July 17th, 2006 at 12:45 AM..
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #10

no the 19s were 19x8.5 and weighed 21.5 lbs. my 18s are 18x7.5, sorry forgot to include that.
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #11
Mirage Representative

Strangely enough, the only thing I can find with that model are the 18x10 and 18x8.5, sorry bro. By the way, just stand on your scale, and remember your weight, then pick up the thing and stand on the scale again, and subtract your weight from that.
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #12

i think the stock wheel width is 5.5 or 6"
Old January 29th, 2007, 01:36 AM   #13
Mirage Representative

Updated and added the crank pulley weight.
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #14
Mirage Representative

Had some tires taken off my friend's old 15x6 2002 Civic "steelies" so I can use them for the Saturn because the Saturn's tires are in need of replacement, and the tires she had had at least 80% of the tread left on them. So after having the tires and hubcaps removed from the Civic steelies, I weighed the wheels on my bathroom scale and it came out to 20 lbs. That's crazy heavy for a 15x6 to me. Anyway, the bathroom scale room for error is that when I get on it, it says I'm a hair under 220 lbs, but when I get on the gym's digital scale, it says I'm 224.X... so it can either be seen as "4 lbs off" or 2% off (4 / 220 = .018). I would say it's 2% off, because it's just way to weird for a 15x6 OEM wheel to be 24 lbs. So using ratios of 20/X = 220/224, X = 20.36.

I'm assuming that the Accord steelies for the 6th Generation are the same size.
Old December 17th, 2008, 04:55 AM   #15
Mirage Representative

If anyone has their stock exhaust and/or mufflers laying around, would you mind weighing them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in