oxygen sensor removal? anybody ? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:41 PM   #1

oxygen sensor removal? anybody ?

hey guys, i'm having a hard time taking out the oxygen sensor (before cat). I ran into some problems, first is its impossible to put the O2 socket onto the sensor then the ratchet, it doesnt have any room. so i tried adjustable wrench, but then i'm affraid i might strip it because it stuck there pretty tight(i tried WD40 too). anybody have any tricks on how to take it out? also do we need to torque the sensor???
blackonchrome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 4th, 2006, 12:10 AM   #2
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
try some of those rust removal thing. it may help loosen it up alittle.
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 4th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #3
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

Send a message via AIM to Dinzdale40
i just used a long open end wrench on mine...it was still hard but i got it after a few minutes...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Official Slammed Club Member #004 Stage 2
Dinzdale40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 4th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #4
KitKat KittyKat Member #1

i'm curious guys, what type of connector do we need on the o2 sensor? male or female?
DarkSideAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2006, 02:58 AM   #5

ok, i finally got it out. some wd40, let it soak for 1-2 mins. then use a open end wrench size 7/8 and turn! a little hard but it will be out.
blackonchrome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:14 AM   #6
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
The only reason why I would see someone wanting to remove the O2 sensor is to get rid of the catalytic converter. Not only is it illegal, but the power you gain is negligible compared to the risks you run.

Without Catalytic Converter: 5 hp gain + fine if you ever get pulled over + impounded car + really f*ck*ng up the health of anyone behind you.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:20 AM   #7
keepin' it OG

hahah.. he's just talking about removing the o2 sensor before the cat.. probably just getting some headers...

but still good to know. but then again, with any non-carb exempt mod, its the same thing too...
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:27 AM   #8
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiet
but then again, with any non-carb exempt mod, its the same thing too...
Not really. Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Kit for the Corvette adds lots of power that is definately not negligible. Megan/OBX/etc headers for 6th Generation Accords are also not as negligible as the removal of the catalytic converter as far as power goes. Only thing is, those companies didn't want to shell out the dough needed for CARB exemption, and I'm pretty sure the parts would pass. CARB stands for CAR B*llsh*t. It's like traffic tickets, legalized extortion from the government.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm all for cleaner air, but it's retarded that in California we can't put a set of Megan headers on our car just because they don't have approval from a bunch of governmental jerks, when stock Mustang GTs give off way more emissions than 6th Generation Accords with Megan headers. We're stuck paying over a grand for Comptech headers, where the only performance difference is like "rice boyz" cars... a sticker.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #9
keepin' it OG

true, but then again. a law is a law, and eventhough it may be eligible for carb exempt and it isnt, it may still be a fine or atleast some sort of headache if pulled over..
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:13 AM   #10
AV6er

Send a message via AIM to -=SoCalV6=-
I don't care how clean your car emissions are, you're all adding to the co2 emissions to turn our planet into another venus, even if you're driving a hybrid. So it puts out miniscule hydrocarbons. Whoopee, smogs the least of our problems right now. Clean co2 emissions are. So CARB can kiss my ass...
-=SoCalV6=- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:15 AM   #11
keepin' it OG

once again, true.. but i still aint walking or riding no bike.
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #12
EliteCM.net

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004
can you custom your headers to drill hole somewhere and mount oxigen sensor with those megan headers?( i know nothing about that just asking, couse i seen on one of those speed channel programs where they custom mounted O2 sensors)
sy272004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #13
keepin' it OG

i'm sure a muffler shop can do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in