How To:AEM Intake install - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:00 AM   #1
OG from waaay back!

CAI install on V6 Accord 98-02

CAI install with Pics from Overboost.com

For those who have asked for it, there is the link to install a CAI on your ride thanks to Overboost.com

SRI install step by step below is by Midnight Heretic
Cos it's strange, isn't it. You stand in the middle of a library and go 'Aaaaaagghhh!!' and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in. -Tommy Cooper

Last edited by G.J.; October 29th, 2003 at 06:54 PM..
G.J. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2003, 09:23 AM   #2

hey i was wondering, when you rev the engine and such is there sufficient clearance down where the intake goes through, where the lower res, used to be.?
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2003, 01:10 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to JDMV6ACCORD
WOW!!!!!!

1 reply!!!!! haha I didn't think this thread was gonna get any hits.

Yea man pretty sure there's enough clearence where the cai filter is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I WANT A TACOMA
JDMV6ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 24th, 2003, 01:58 AM   #4
OG from waaay back!

Quote:
Originally posted by snikwad on July 23rd, 2003 at 08:23 AM

hey i was wondering, when you rev the engine and such is there sufficient clearance down where the intake goes through, where the lower res, used to be.?
More than plenty
Cos it's strange, isn't it. You stand in the middle of a library and go 'Aaaaaagghhh!!' and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in. -Tommy Cooper
G.J. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2003, 11:42 PM   #5

How To:AEM SR Intake

Hello,

I will start this off by saying do this at your won risk, i am not responsible for anything you may do wrong...whatever it may be, this is how i did and have told others to do it and not problems yet

Tools:Flathead screwdriver,Hands,Wrench

Step 1: Your going to need to remove your stock airbox, there is one clamp on the throttle body that you will need to unscrew and loosen, then there are two bolts holding the stock airbox on, one by the firewall or by the top of the shock in your engine bay, and then the second is down by the battery, its best to remove the cover behind the headlights, it just pops off, then take both those bolts out, then you need to take the two hoses off, i will examplify these more in the pictures below, there is one on the rear hose coming off the TB to the airbox, one behind and one in front, they will have clamps on them that can be taken off with a set of pliers or a wrench, then lastly, you will need to take off your front bumper to remove the resonator, which it way deep in there and you have to do this, to learn how to take off your front bumper either pm me and ask or go into the diy section and look at "diy clearing/blackhousing your oem headlights" and it explains in good detail on how to remove this, once you have it off then just slide off the resonator and your done taking off the stock airbox

Step 2:The only thing different between a Cold Air Intake and a Short Ram is the 2nd pipe or the Cold air extension, so everything else is the same in install except for the extra tube, or some of you may have 1 piece intakes so problem solved, but anyways ill get back to the install, now that you have everything off you are read to start the install of your intake, first put the rubber conncector on the end of the pipe that feeds into your Throttle Body, put it on half way, then gently slide it on, (MAKE SURE ON ANYTHING IN THIS INSTALL YOU ALWAYS PUT THE CLAMP OVER THE INTAKE SO YOU CAN PUT IT ON, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY IF YOU DONT), once you have it on line up the bracket by the firewall on top of the mounting rubber stop thingy, then tighten the clamp on the TB (i used two clamps) and make sure its really really tight so no air escapes, then place the bolt on the bracket and tighten it down so you dont have to hold the intake in place anymore, on the hoses that connect, the one on back will just slide on, the stock clamp will fit over this and just put back the clamp and tighten, on the frotn hose the intakes hole is fatter, so in your kit you got a rubber extension connector that will fit over the stock hose so it can fit onto the intake, you will probably need a really small clamp for this, im not using one right now but im going to get radiator clamps to tighten them on, but dont tighten them tons cause over time it will make the hose break and crack, ok then in your kit it will come with a rubber stopper, place it to the left of where the stock airbox was sitting so the AEM bracket off the SR will match up, it should just screw down in there, then place the bracket in, then tightnen down, then double check over it to make sure everything you just did is nice and snug, then its time to put on the filter for you SR's out there, once again slide the clamp loosely onto the back of the filter, then slide it over and tighten the clamp pretty tight so no air escapes, then you are done with the SR install and enjoy!

For the CAI, ok where you took off the stock airbox bolt down by the battery you will need to bolt the 2nd pipe or extension down there so it doesnt wiggle around, then you will have a connector to connect the main pipe to the CAI extension, this will require two more clamps, tighten one on both sides and make sure they are nice and tight, those are the extra things you have to do for the CAI

If you have any questions or i left anything out please feel free to tell me and i will add it, im happy to answer any worries/comments, i will attach some pics below pointing out certain things in the installation

Thanks,
Chris

and this pic is pointing out the clamp that needs to be removed, installed on the TB part of the install
Attached Thumbnails
How To:AEM Intake install-p7300013.jpg  

Last edited by Midnight Heretic; July 31st, 2003 at 01:39 PM..
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2003, 11:46 PM   #6

this pic is of the two hoses that need to be removed/installed on the new intake, and you can see the big connector on the front hose that makes it bigger
Attached Thumbnails
How To:AEM Intake install-p7300012.jpg  
Old July 30th, 2003, 11:49 PM   #7

and this pic is of what it will should like look before the filter is on..
Attached Thumbnails
How To:AEM Intake install-p7300011.jpg  
Old July 30th, 2003, 11:53 PM   #8

this is what it should look like completed
Attached Thumbnails
How To:AEM Intake install-p7300010.jpg  
Old July 31st, 2003, 12:00 AM   #9

far shot
Attached Thumbnails
How To:AEM Intake install-p7300008.jpg  
Old July 31st, 2003, 12:14 AM   #10
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
please get some water and a towel and clean up your engine bay a little, otherwise nice
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2003, 12:18 AM   #11
Bri
Car Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Bri Send a message via AIM to Bri
Yeah, thanks for the help Chris. It'll really help for the future.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2003, 12:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by abram2001 on July 31st, 2003 at 12:14 AM

please get some water and a towel and clean up your engine bay a little, otherwise nice

lol, i have been working on it for the past 5 days and its been windy every one, i cleaned it good like 3 weeks ago, but ive been moving alot of stuff, and when i took the pics i was in kind of a hurry
Old August 1st, 2003, 03:25 PM   #13
Polish Member

Send a message via AIM to satin_coupe_v6
any one have pics b4 instalation
satin_coupe_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2003, 04:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by satin_coupe_v6 on August 1st, 2003 at 03:25 PM

any one have pics b4 instalation
i didnt get a chance to get any cause i already had my SR installed at this point, and i had to drive to somebody elses house so i didnt bring my stock airbox, but i will try to get some in the following weeks
Old August 8th, 2003, 01:14 AM   #15

Thanx Midnightaccord, just got my intake in a couple dayz ago, gonna install it this week. AEM's instructions are too freakin Confusing..............Peace
b rockav66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2003, 01:18 AM   #16

REMEMBER EVERYBODY

if you have questions or concerns dont hesitate to pm or email me!
Old September 28th, 2003, 05:18 PM   #17
say hello to angels..

this applies to an AEM CAI too rite?
BlaCCord Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 28th, 2003, 05:33 PM   #18

yeah same thing
Old October 4th, 2003, 12:34 AM   #19
Out of my Mind, Somewhere

Send a message via Yahoo to TooHypper
No questions, just a thank you, and after my Short Ram was installed, I can't stop driving around. I get looks from guy like WTF? as I pass them up.

HA HA HA
TooHypper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2003, 01:29 AM   #20

no problem, i had the lead foot syndrome also
Old October 20th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #21

Is there any way to do this without taking off the front bumper, to remove the resonator.
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2003, 06:15 PM   #22

no to remove the stock resonater you must take off the bumper
Old November 8th, 2003, 08:13 PM   #23

i cant get into the overboost site cause it says i gotta sign up and pay. but you think intallation on a 4cyl should be the same with the 2 hoses connecting to the pipe and ****?
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2003, 09:41 PM   #24

i honestly dont know, ive never done one on a 4cyl, nor do i know what it looks like..sorry
Old November 8th, 2003, 09:55 PM   #25
V Go SoCal Drivers V

Send a message via AIM to bustedryde
Quote:
Originally posted by antman321 on November 8th, 2003 at 07:13 PM

i cant get into the overboost site cause it says i gotta sign up and pay. but you think intallation on a 4cyl should be the same with the 2 hoses connecting to the pipe and ****?
It is pretty much the same and just as easy, except your pipe is going to go towards the left side instead of the right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bustedryde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 10th, 2003, 02:32 AM   #26

yeah instaling an intake is very simple if you have done one you can do it on almost anything yeah there are going to be a little diffrent but very easy.
Project MaxRpm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2003, 07:50 PM   #27
Vimal (vee-mall)

Send a message via AIM to KnightRyder
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE CLAMPS!!!!!!!

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!

IF YOU OVER TIGHTEN THEM THEN THE INTAKE TUBE WILL BEND LIKE IT DID ON MINE, NOW I HAVE TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP AND HAVE IT REPAIRED AND I DONT KNOW IF ITS GOING TO COME BACK INTO ITS NORMAL SHAPE NOW.

please be very carefull to make the clamps VERY SNUG not SUPER TIGHT!

my intake opening on the Throttle Body end of it now looks like this...

Last edited by KnightRyder; November 19th, 2003 at 07:59 PM..
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2003, 09:50 PM   #28

well yeah, if you tighten the clamps to tight it also makes the hoses crack and wear very fast...good tip....

DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN, IF IT FEELS REALLY REALLY TIGHT ITS PROBABLY TOO TIGHT!
Old November 27th, 2003, 01:45 AM   #29

I've just installed the SR on my coupé over here in the U.K. Excellent guide for installation - couldn't have managed without it!

What a sound! Is this the first right-hand-drive with an AEM?
Whrrr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 22nd, 2004, 01:54 PM   #30

DO any of you have a whistling type of noise when you get on the gas from your intakes...please pm me..b/c i'm gettting a whistling noise
Contagious01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in