|June 14th, 2007, 10:23 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Remote Programming Instructions
I couldn't find this anywhere on the site so here they are for all of us who need new remotes installed.
The transmitter for the 1995-99 Accord and the 2000-02 Accord look identical, but they are not interchangeable. The 1995-99 transmitter works the doors of a 2000-02 Accord, but it does not open the trunk. If you are not sure which transmitter you have, press and hold the trunk release button while looking at the LED. The LED on the 1995-99 transmitter comes on in about 1.1 seconds. The LED on the 2000-02 transmitter comes on in about 0.5 second.
Programming the Transmitter
^ The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter is erased.
^ Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.
^ You must complete steps 1-6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on one of the transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be used for this step.)
3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
4. Repeat steps 1 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
7. Within 10 seconds, press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on each transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you press each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
BTW, I found this on another forum but I can confirm these instructions work.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|