How to Change Clock Light Bulb - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2003, 10:58 PM   #1

How to Change Clock Light Bulb

You can easy replace it yourself. They sell the bulbs at radioshack for a 1.49. it come 2 in a pack # 7219 12 volts 60mA.

As for installing it. First remove the clock unit by placing a screw driver under the base of the clock and pry upwards. Then disconect the two wire harrnesses. Look on the back of the clock you will see a small black screw its on the side/corner. Turn it half a turn and it should come loose take it out then you will see the blub wired to it. If you notice that it makes it power conection by touching the plate on the base. now take some thing small like a fine screw driver or nail cliper and just pry the wires up and un ravel it from the base. Now reverse the order when installing the new blub but cut the extra slack off after you rerun the wires through the bulb base it makes it a lot easier. Then reinstall the blub holder back in to the base and lock the blub holder into the base. and replug the wire harnesses and reinstall the clock, and finaly set the time.
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2003, 07:06 AM   #2

worked perfectly
w3accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2004, 12:44 AM   #3

good stuff Blazin036

what about the bulb(s) behind the climate control, what kind are they? & might u know where the fuse for that is located? i checked both kickpanel fuse boxes. no dice, haven't had a chance to look in the main one under the hood tho.

thx
Hai_c83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 4th, 2004, 03:25 AM   #4

This DIY works great

I used his DIY over a year ago on AV6.com. The bulb he lists is cheaper and brighter than the Honda one. With the Radioshack bulb the brightness matches the auto A/C and radio display perfectly .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #5
SHARINGAN!

Send a message via AIM to Sentinel Send a message via Yahoo to Sentinel
what if i have the BLUE LED conversion on the clock too?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2004, 09:19 PM   #6

just did mine today. easiest thing i've ever done.
radioshack didn't have the bulb, so i bought it from the dealer. cost w/ tax was $1.80.

thanks for the write up yo
Bucktown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in