Accord V6 Forum banner

Need Halp ASAP: p0.131 code, brand new sensor

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  6thaccord98 
#1 · (Edited)
Need Halp ASAP: p0131 code, brand new sensor

I just replaced the primary o2 sensor on my car (j32a2 swap, richie's harness) and now im throwing a p0131 code. I don't know where to even begin here since the sensor is brand new from Honda.

Any and all help is very appreciated, as my tags are expired and this is keeping me from being able to register again.

#2 ·
Read that in some cases a blown fuses was the culprit. I wish I was that lucky, check all 3 fuse boxes and no blown fuses :/

Someone told me that sometimes using a wrong o2 sensor will fry the circuit on the ecu. I just replaced it with one I bought from Acura, but I remember this code first showing up when I initially did the swap.
Is there any way to check the status of the primary o2 circuit on the ecm? It'd suck to buy another ecu, but at least I would know the origin of the issue.

#4 ·
I suppose it could be a faulty new sensor, although that seems unlikely. I was looking over the paperwork that was used during the time of the swap, and came across Matt's handwriting in the corner stating the two codes (p1656 & p0131). So if it was throwing the code then, with a different sensor, Im lead to think the problem is somewhere else than the actual sensor.

Its going to the dealership service department Monday. Im tired of dealing with it on my own, im not technically proficient at all when it comes to electronics.

Im going to check the sensor connection this weekend, other than that im not sure what to look at. If I dont get it figured out by Monday morning looks like its going to turn into a shop-baby. :(

#5 ·
When you check the connection make sure all wire color will same with the old one, bc I have experience only one wire from the sensor is difference position with old one.
Did you use the sensor from TL or accord?
Double check all leak on the header bc sometime that couse the problem.

#6 ·
I used one for a tl-s.

I can't check if the wire colors are the same as the old one as it went in the trash. Why would color matter? Im a bit confused by the first statement, first you said color, then position.

#8 ·
Gotchya. Well, I dont have the car anymore, its in a service shop getting checked out by techs that know what theyre doing instead of me poking around and wasting time. At this point, time is more important since I'm out of trip permits for the year, and have no other vehicle.

I rented a car actually....they gave me a new Focus. It makes me want a new car! (Not a Focus, but all the amenities are great, and its comfortable and quiet, two things Im not used to.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.