300+ Whp using ECU Enhancers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #1
Me & My Fyrestarter

Send a message via AIM to jabowle Send a message via Yahoo to jabowle
Post 300+ Whp using ECU Enhancers

With a complete J32a2 swap, CT SC w/CL-S HB pulley, Unichip, Dr. Evil ...

What else should be needed to get 300+ WHP?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jabowle; February 13th, 2005 at 07:32 AM..
jabowle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2005, 11:10 AM   #2

i would substitute Unichip for Greddy E-Manage and add aftercooler.
aftercooler is available from scalbert; he also can set you up with E-Manage unit.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=24098
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=25275
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #3
V6P Negotiator & Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabowle

Thanks
V6P is presently working on a miniture intercooler that can be connected to any existing CIA or S/C system, cooled by your rides existing ac unit, or nitrious system if you already have one.

The Unichip has already proven it works well with several v6s, including the 6th Gen. In fact, while our V6P team was interterviewing several manufacturers at the Las Vegas SEMA show. . . the president of Hondata acknowledged to us that the UNICHIP team did a great job with working around the non-programable ecu's on the 6th Gen AV6. . . Not only does the Unichip work its offers the best value over the majority of performance mods you do to car. Just look at how many of our members have purchased the Unichip and are satified with the results. . .

Now as far as the other so-called ECU enhancers making their so-called performance claims, bring it on, if any of you live in NorCal let's go to the track or dyno shop. WE have presented all our Unichip info, how about presenting your stuff now

Maurice
MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 8th, 2005, 12:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MoMoney
Now as far as the other so-called ECU enhancers making their so-called performance claims, bring it on, if any of you live in NorCal let's go to the track or dyno shop. WE have presented all our Unichip info, how about presenting your stuff now
Maurice

E-Manage is far superior for super/turbo charged CLS then Unichip
Soon we'll see here AV6 with e-Manage dyno.
alt04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #5

Right on Honda_99
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabowle

Thanks
Axles ans suspension has to be upgraded, NO UNICHIP just E-Manage, otherwise thats it
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:47 PM   #7
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
The Unichip has more tunability i believe, than the E-Manage...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #8

^ Nope. E-Manage provides excellent fuel delivery and NO ESM.
Its been proven on CLS and Unichip does jack sh*t on that car.

Anyway, by being different car the best way to do comparison is to put 2 sc AV6 with similar mods on the dyno. The only difference 1st with e-manage the 2nd Unichip and see whats up. So far of course its speculation on AV6

Last edited by alt04; February 8th, 2005 at 01:01 PM..
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt04
i would not say that.
beauty of Unichip that it comes with preset map, but if Unichip doesn't have map for your setup you would need to dyno tune it. that makes it not cost effective.
on top of that, not every shop familiar with Unichip, when every body know how to work with E-Manage.
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDA_99
i would not say that.
beauty of Unichip that it comes with preset map, but if Unichip doesn't have map for your setup you would need to dyno tune it. that makes it not cost effective.
on top of that, not every shop familiar with Unichip, when every body know how to work with E-Manage.
Like I said with sc/turbo CLS e-manage is much better then unichip. its been proven. I know CLS is different car but with Unichip we've seen just 1 sc AV6 (gme2001) and not yet e-manage. I know soon its coming with TAG and 02AV6 but they have different set ups.

The only way we can find out on AV6 which one is better is to have the same car as gme2001 tuned with e-manage and compare to unichip.
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Like I said with sc/turbo CLS e-manage is much better then unichip. its been proven. I know CLS is different car but with Unichip we've seen just 1 sc AV6 (gme2001) and not yet e-manage. I know soon its coming with TAG and 02AV6 but they have different set ups.
TAG is using J35 block with J32A2 cylinder heads, aftercooler and E-Manage. and last thing i heard, he dynoed at 310whp
if remeber correctly, 02AV6 is using slightly bored out J30 (J31) block with J32A2 cylinder heads, aftercooler and E-Manage.

Quote:
The only way we can find out on AV6 which one is better is to have the same car as gme2001 tuned with e-manage and compare to unichip.
may be some day i'll get around to install my E-Manage, some day, some day...
Old February 8th, 2005, 02:41 PM   #12

Quote:
TAG is using J35 block with J32A2 cylinder heads, aftercooler and E-Manage. and last thing i heard, he dynoed at 310whp
if remeber correctly, 02AV6 is using slightly bored out J30 (J31) block with J32A2 cylinder heads, aftercooler and E-Manage.
Right, except TAG doesn't have aftercooler and needs hook up E-manage.
Regardless, soon those guys will show the numbers with E-manage
Oh, and 02AV6 picking up his ride tonight
Old February 8th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #13

in one of last TAG's posts he said that boost went down, so i assumed he installed aftercooler.
Old February 8th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #14

Quote:
in one of last TAG's posts he said that boost went down, so i assumed he installed aftercooler.
Nah, his compression went up I think to 10.5, so boost went down. He doesn't have scalbert IC yet.
Old February 8th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Nah, his compression went up I think to 10.5, so boost went down. He doesn't have scalbert IC yet.
Yep, he has J32A2 intake manifold and scalbert's IC replace it. Here is his engine bay Whatever, very cool setup he just needs to hurry up with E-Manage

Av6Ent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Soon we'll see here AV6 with e-Manage dyno.
It's time to start showing your data E-manage promoters and owners, all this talk we have heard before with nothing to back it up. . .
Old February 8th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #17

Yea OK, so all of you have the same extensive set-up like TAG's engine? If so, that's incredible, mainly because TAG's setup is some serious cash flow, like $18K+ in engine and tranny mods alone. .

I'm talking about using and comparing some AV6s that are more of the main stream variety. Basically using 6th Gen stock AV6s (some w/ a supercharger) and comparing the two ecu enhancers (The Unichip vs eManage) straight-up.

FYI. . . If only TAG was closer to the UNICHIP facility to run both ECU enhancers, V6P would sponsor such a test. . .

Is there anyone with NorCal with a S/C 6thGen AV6 with a eManage system? If so, I would be willing to sponsor a ECU Enhancer Challenge with this similar setup against gme2001 S/C AV6, to include the dyno runs, 1/4 mile track fees, and comparing the price tag, ease of installation and operation. V6P will even video tape this event. . . California has the most rigid emissions standards in the nation, so will also be doing an smog emission test to make sure that both ecu enchancers will pass.

This type of comparison test should be very interesting and entertaining. So do we have any takers? Come on, bring it on.

It's time we had this high performance product showdown once and for all. Enough of talk, get us a AV6er in NorCal or SoCal witht the aforementioned AV6 setup and we'll set it up. . . O yea, if there are any AV6ers with a AEM eManage or Hondata ecu enhancer with this engine setup is also invited. Let's nip this in the bud.

Maurice

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strengthen, nor lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of Will.” Vince Lombardi
Old February 8th, 2005, 05:45 PM   #18
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
Quote:

SirSig is also going to have a UniChip tuning his car. As far as comparing tuning with the UniChip and e-management I doubt any more power will be found if my car was retuned. The air temp is very high right now due to the blower and my injectors are running at 100% duty cycle. Which means I have basically tapped out what my car can do as far as tuning for now.

By cooling the air UniChip was able to get another 10-15hp out of my car, which put me at about 270whp. That is very impressive considering that nothing else to the engine such as CL-S cams, injectors, or a different intake manifold where added. Which shows that at this point the air temperature is playing a key point in the loss of any substantial gains in hp by increasing boost and increasing injector size. To reach 300whp with just an Accord you would need a Super Charger, after cooler, larger injectors, a custom high boost pulley, and tuning. If you are just lazy and do not care about your car put a super charger on it and some N20 and go for it… Better yet forget about the Super Charger and just do a 200 shot of N2O.

-Garrett
gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #19
Me & My Fyrestarter

Code:
j32a2 long block   = 1500
CT SC              = 4000
Gaskets            =  300
01  AV6 ECU        =  200
DIS  CONV KIT      =  200
CL-S  HB Pulley    =  150 ???
HOPE  IC           = 1500 ???
BATTERY            =  100 ???
HEAD WORK          = 1800 (900 x 2)
                                                   [EDITED OUT]
                                                   Unichip Retuning   =  200
                                                   The HOPE IC Comes with the Greddy
                                                   Pre-Programmed
                                                   [END EDITED OUT]
--------------------------------------------------
TOTAL      approx  = 9800

I think that will about cover it. Not too much further to go....

Please note I also picked up my custom axles yesterday complete with Neoprene Boots. I also recently recieved my replacement front strut, as the first one leaked after a month of driving, but they did a full replacement, so the suspension setup is good. Doing a brake job, repainting my calipers and flushing the brake system, while I have the front end taken apart.

Last edited by jabowle; February 8th, 2005 at 06:41 PM..
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #20
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
I think you are missing a zero for the (HOPE IC).
gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #21
Me & My Fyrestarter

yeah, I caught that
Old February 8th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #22
Albanian PIMP

Send a message via AIM to habib
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MoMoney
Yea OK, so all of you have the same extensive set-up like TAG's engine? If so, that's incredible, mainly because TAG's setup is some serious cash flow, like $18K+ in engine and tranny mods alone. .

I'm talking about using and comparing some AV6s that are more of the main stream variety. Basically using 6th Gen stock AV6s (some w/ a supercharger) and comparing the two ecu enhancers (The Unichip vs eManage) straight-up.

FYI. . . If only TAG was closer to the UNICHIP facility to run both ECU enhancers, V6P would sponsor such a test. . .

Is there anyone with NorCal with a S/C 6thGen AV6 with a eManage system? If so, I would be willing to sponsor a ECU Enhancer Challenge with this similar setup against gme2001 S/C AV6, to include the dyno runs, 1/4 mile track fees, and comparing the price tag, ease of installation and operation. V6P will even video tape this event. . . California has the most rigid emmissions standards in the nation, so this type of test should be interesting and entertaining.

It's time we had this high performance product showdown once and for all. Enough of talk, get us a AV6er in NorCal or SoCal witht the aforementioned AV6 setup and we'll set it up. . . O yea, if there are any AV6ers with a AEM eManage or Hondata ecu enhancer with this engine setup is also invited. Let's nip this in the bud.

Maurice
I dont know if this will help but here goes. I have a Greddy E-manage w/ support tool and all the harnesses needed + a few extra. This is still in the box and I have not installed it yet, and will not be installing it until 1st week of April. So, I would be willing to let gme2001 or other v6p member (chosen by u and me) use the E-manage at no charge. All you would pay is s&h and installing/removing and whatever else is required for yoguys to test it. You can PM oe email [email protected] if you are interested. If the unichip was removed from gme2001's AV6 and E-manage installed then the comparison and results would be much more accurate since it is same exact car.
habib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by habib
I dont know if this will help but here goes. I have a Greddy E-manage w/ support tool and all the harnesses needed + a few extra. This is still in the box and I have not installed it yet, and will not be installing it until 1st week of April. So, I would be willing to let gme2001 or other v6p member (chosen by u and me) use the E-manage at no charge. All you would pay is s&h and installing/removing and whatever else is required for yoguys to test it. You can PM oe email [email protected] if you are interested. If the unichip was removed from gme2001's AV6 and E-manage installed then the comparison and results would be much more accurate since it is same exact car.

Thanks for the offer. So the E-manage is not a plug& play unit? huh?. . .
Well if we do not have any E-manage v6ers stepping up to this challenge test
then maybe will consider your offer. However the E-manage system requires some professional installation and tuning. In oour cmparison, we will be adding that to the cost of the unit. By the way, how much is the E-manage unit you have and what is included?

Thanks again for offering your E-manage system for this special event,
Maurice
Old February 8th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #24

PnP harness for E-Manage available from Frog Engine Control.
Old February 8th, 2005, 10:04 PM   #25
Me & My Fyrestarter

This is what I like to see. The open competition benefits the consumers....
Old February 9th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #26
import tuner and rn

wow i didnt know there was dis conversion kit , where do i get this from
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2005, 08:35 AM   #27
Albanian PIMP

Send a message via AIM to habib
Quote:
PnP harness for E-Manage available from Frog Engine Control.
Can u post or PM some more info about this cuz i am very interested.

I purchased the E-manage for around $400 (+/- $50 forgot).
Included:
The unit itself
Support Tool
Main/Injector harness
Ignition harness
boost sensor
boost sensor harness
habib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2005, 08:49 AM   #28

i've been looking for PnP harness for my E-Manage unit, so decided to look up www.vtecfrog.com to see if they have any thing. and apparently they had it, so i shot e-mail to them.

here it is.
Quote:
Eugene,

We do not stock a harness for your application, however we could build you a custom harness. Price will be around $200 plus any optional harness such as Ignition and Injector subharness.

thank you,

Pascal

Frog Engine Controls

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 6:38 AM
Subject: E-manage harness for 99 Accord V6

Hi,

I just read on your website that you guys have P&P harness for Greddy E-Manage unit.

I need one for 99 Accord V6. Do you have it for my car, and if you do how much is it?

Thank you,

Eugene
Old February 9th, 2005, 10:01 AM   #29
import tuner and rn

wow , for minute , i was trying to figure out if i sent that email , my name is also eugene
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2005, 01:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gme2001
SirSig is also going to have a UniChip tuning his car. As far as comparing tuning with the UniChip and e-management I doubt any more power will be found if my car was retuned. The air temp is very high right now due to the blower and my injectors are running at 100% duty cycle. Which means I have basically tapped out what my car can do as far as tuning for now.

By cooling the air UniChip was able to get another 10-15hp out of my car, which put me at about 270whp. That is very impressive considering that nothing else to the engine such as CL-S cams, injectors, or a different intake manifold where added. Which shows that at this point the air temperature is playing a key point in the loss of any substantial gains in hp by increasing boost and increasing injector size. To reach 300whp with just an Accord you would need a Super Charger, after cooler, larger injectors, a custom high boost pulley, and tuning. If you are just lazy and do not care about your car put a super charger on it and some N20 and go for it… Better yet forget about the Super Charger and just do a 200 shot of N2O.

-Garrett
Dude, you have a valid point and I know you running without IC thus heat is extensive. Now, regardless of FMU you and other supercharged guys should do a small calibration kit (CT) that is what 02AV6 using NOW and the one who mentioned bunch of times. With this cal. kit your car will be able to run your fuel pressure between 80-90psi at WOT vs. 100psi you currently observe . Thats has to be done first.

Second, I don't think its a good idea to keep stockers with Unichip by running HBP, but with E-manage you'll be fine, yes with stock injectors .

Third, only then the test can be run (Unichip vs. E-Manage) and see which one delivers better gains even without IC, despite the fact IC is highly recommended with HB pulley. Not sure about the CARB with E-manage.

Regardless, I wish you luck with your car with Unichip or without

Last edited by alt04; February 10th, 2005 at 01:19 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in