help with springs - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #1
Go Cowboys!!!

help with springs

im trying to buy springs, have a great dealon some but also a question. has anyone put h&r sport springs for an I4 on a V6? or are they the same thing? i cant seem to figure it out, i just want to make sure im not going to be bottomed out in the front because of the extra weight of the motor. thanks!
rchspimpin306 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2008, 05:25 PM   #2
MASTER OF MAYHEM

Send a message via AIM to Joepro
Do yourself a favor and just buy real coilovers, forget spring/shock combos. I did this because I was in a budget crunch and ended up spending more by the time I decided to get a set of used coilovers.

TO answer your question, look at the part numbers for the v6 vs the i4. USUALLY they are different because the v6 has more weight in the front, I think it would sag more in the front with i4 springs.
Joepro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Go Cowboys!!!

coilovers are out of the question, too expensive. my car has 250000 miles on it i dont want to slam it. i have monroe sense tracs ordered BC i have 3 blown struts. but yea im pretty sure they are different, has anyone tried it? ive heard of people going vice versa with other setups but im just wondering if anyone has done it with the H&R sports.

Old December 29th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #4
i haz vtec

there should be different springs for i4 and v6. not tried h&r but have eibachs on and they make the car look better
zany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2008, 06:12 PM   #5
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
Do yourself a favor and just buy real coilovers, forget spring/shock combos. I did this because I was in a budget crunch and ended up spending more by the time I decided to get a set of used coilovers.

TO answer your question, look at the part numbers for the v6 vs the i4. USUALLY they are different because the v6 has more weight in the front, I think it would sag more in the front with i4 springs.
QFT

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #6
Go Cowboys!!!

QFT? haven't heard that one but then again i dont know what half the abbreviations used on this forum mean lol. for qft though, im going to guess....Quit F****** Talking? anyway bump for thread
Old December 29th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #7
Go Cowboys!!!

hahahhahahah never mind i was way off(just googled it), i know i know, ive read the stickies and searched and i know that coilovers are the way to go and i agree, but i have my reasons to not want/need them so has anyone seen it done?
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #8
Marc

Some spring companies use the same spring for both but usually you are better off going with the manufacturer's recommendations. The extra weight might be an issue if the spring isn't rated for it.
99V6JMP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in