Offset and Tire Size - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Blah Di Blah
 
E-Rock Accord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Englewood, FL
Posts: 70
Offset and Tire Size

So I'm looking around and I found a set of rims I like. They're 18x8 and come in offsets +33,+38 and +44. I'm lowered about 2-2.5in all around. So which offset would be best for me and what size tires should I look into?

Gotta get on it now that everyone's being flush to death.
E-Rock Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #2
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
 
Dtownz Thrillah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Im On A Boat Trick!
Posts: 9,831
Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
Ditch the +44.

Go for either +33 or +38.

And you gotta go at least 3 inches =D
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #3
Blah Di Blah
 
E-Rock Accord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Englewood, FL
Posts: 70
Well I'm not sure when I'll be able to ditch the springs and get coilovers. But,now there's another question. If I drop it another inch lower, will I lose the flush stance if I buy rims now? lol
E-Rock Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old March 6th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Destroyer of Tires
 
Doctor_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OC and IE California
Posts: 16,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Rock Accord View Post
Well I'm not sure when I'll be able to ditch the springs and get coilovers. But,now there's another question. If I drop it another inch lower, will I lose the flush stance if I buy rims now? lol
To answer your questions...

It is more complicated than a simple yes or no answer because those wheel sizes vary. For instance, you should probably go with the +38mm offset wheels at your current height, however if you were to go lower those wheels would not be as flush as the set that is a +33mm offset. If you want to make your wheels as flush as possible you have to have a few things dialed in to beforehand, tire size being one of them. To be completely honest with you I would say you best bet would actually be the +38mm offset wheels. They would still be pretty flush even if you did lower your car more, later down the road. As for tires, I would stick to a 225/40/18 at the LARGEST. Anything wider will more than likely cause you to rub in the rear.



Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Blah Di Blah
 
E-Rock Accord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Englewood, FL
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
To answer your questions...

It is more complicated than a simple yes or no answer because those wheel sizes vary. For instance, you should probably go with the +38mm offset wheels at your current height, however if you were to go lower those wheels would not be as flush as the set that is a +33mm offset. If you want to make your wheels as flush as possible you have to have a few things dialed in to beforehand, tire size being one of them. To be completely honest with you I would say you best bet would actually be the +38mm offset wheels. They would still be pretty flush even if you did lower your car more, later down the road. As for tires, I would stick to a 225/40/18 at the LARGEST. Anything wider will more than likely cause you to rub in the rear.
Thanks that's the info I was looking for. I'm not concerned with having the most aggressive fitment just to be as flush as I can with setup I have. So I'll be taking your advice on the +38 offset and I'll look into a tire less than 225/40/18 just to be safe and have the most comfortable ride possible.
E-Rock Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #6
baknoy
 
baknoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: montreal,quebec
Posts: 44
Send a message via MSN to baknoy
18x8 38 offset is the best cause i have the same set up with 3inch drop ....pretty flush not well but perfect...and yes i add camber,stretch tires 215-40-18,roll fenders ...but the looks its just wow ahahaha
baknoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #7
Blah Di Blah
 
E-Rock Accord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Englewood, FL
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by baknoy View Post
18x8 38 offset is the best cause i have the same set up with 3inch drop ....pretty flush not well but perfect...and yes i add camber,stretch tires 215-40-18,roll fenders ...but the looks its just wow ahahaha
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it'll still sit nicely when I drop more. Did you roll just the rears and how much camber?

Oh and do you have any closeup shots?

Last edited by E-Rock Accord; March 12th, 2009 at 04:37 PM..
E-Rock Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On