Wow, my Tein Basics are eroding away! :O - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to NikonAV6
Wow, my Tein Basics are eroding away! :O

I'll try to take pics tomorrow. They've got about 150k miles on them, so I guess they've served me well. I just swapped my summer wheels on today, and saw that the Teins are rusting terribly, especially the right rear one. The black coating on the spring is peeling right off with rust underneath, as well as the green paint all the way down the shock body. I know that it's common for older Teins to rust, and I noticed a little rust last year. But now after moving to Nova Scotia, the winter here killed them! I hope they're safe for now, I really didn't want to dump any more money into this car - the tranny is REALLY worrying me lately, slipping a lot when it's cold. But maybe I'm going to have to invest in new suspension. What should I do? Bilstein/H&R Sports??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NikonAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #2

lol, at least urs is just eroding, both rear eibach prokit springs on my accord snapped parked for winter, and had it jacked up the other day and noticed both rear sides snapped
98av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:12 PM   #3

how did it snap? were you driving on them after they snapped?
madaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 28th, 2009, 10:14 PM   #4

im pretty sure you got some sort of warranty since eibach has the million mile warranty
madaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to NikonAV6
Ugh, I hope mine aren't on their way to snapping. How old were your Eibachs?
NikonAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:15 PM   #6

My car was put away for the wintertime, i had the car on a lift to install my rims and noticed that both sides had snapped, i'm not sure if that happend last year before i put it away for the winter or what they were bout 4 years old.

yeah apparently, i have to remove all the springs, send them to eibach and they will let me know if its covered or not,
which will take over a month i'm guessing, and they'll probably cheap out and say because of so and so reason its not covered,
my plan is to buy a new set of eibach pro-kit or neuspeed sport (not sure what to get this time????) and send the snapped kit back, if i'm lucky enough to get them back i'll sell them to recoup costs lol

(and i'm sorry to jack this thread)!
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #7

p.s. the springs were rusting a bit, i have pictures but i dont know where to host them ?
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #8

Thumbs down

i've had tanabe lowering springs since last summer their already rusting and peeling on the bottom
stevo21gsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #9
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98av6 View Post
lol, at least urs is just eroding, both rear eibach prokit springs on my accord snapped parked for winter, and had it jacked up the other day and noticed both rear sides snapped

You do know Eibach has warranty against that right?
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
You do know Eibach has warranty against that right?
sounds like eibach wants him to ship out the springs so they can determine if they will cover the replacement

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in