Ichiba Wheel Spacers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #1
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Ichiba Wheel Spacers

I've tried searching for this, but this gets mixed reviews. I'm trying to save up some cash for photography equipment and some wider wheels (Works or Volks) with lower offset eventually, but in the meantime, I want to get wheel spacers just to make my 18x7.5 +42 G-games a tad more aggressive.

I see that H&R and Ichiba are the top of the line hubcentric spacers you can get for the V6 Accord. I'm mainly interested in Ichiba cause they're a tad cheaper, and they are 64.1 bore instead of 64.0 from H&R, and V6 Accord has 64.1 center bore.

My main questions/concerns with spacers are:

1. Can I just measure from the top edge of the tire to the point where I want them to be to figure out what mm spacer I'd need?

2. Is it dangerous to ride with spacers? Will it make my tire vibrate or cause wheel bearings to break, etc.? Prob max I'd go is 10mm but prob 5mm.

3. If I went with 5mm spacers, would I even notice a difference and would I need extended studs? I know beyond that I would.

4. Are spacers worth it?

Again, I've tried searching, and there have been lots of threads about it, but so many of the threads were like from 2006, and I know opinions change. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Slammed Club Member #56 (Stage I) | "I like a quiet life, you know me."
DSLR Info | Nikon D700 | Nikkor 16-35 f/4 | Nikkor 35 f/2 | Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8
Nikkor 50 f/1.4G | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 | Nikkor 105 VR Micro | AlienBees
Trevendous03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #2
4.0L

1. yes, or at least this is what i was told to do when i was looking for spacers for my CL-S wheels

2. not that i'm aware of

3. with 5mm you should be ok

4. are they worth it to you? how much are they? if you plan on getting new lower offset wheels anyway...i'd just save the money and put it towards the wheels.
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM   #3
FAILLLLLLLL

i'm running 15mm H&R you'll be fine with 5mm with no extended studs but anything higher i would put on the studs just so theres no pressure on the stock shorter ones. no vibrations came from mine

i say just keep it as it is now i mean if your gonna get new wheels no point in spending the extra 60 bucks and maybe more if you need to change to extended studs and when you do get the more aggressive wheels your extended studs will need longer lugs without the spacers
whiteV6penguin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to chiefy
1. dont know
2. it is fine to ride with spacers.. i have had spacers for 3yrs now and no concern.
3. 5mm u might not 10 you will. 10 u will need extended studs. i have 8mm and regular studs.
4. worth it to get the aggressive look to tryin to get.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #5
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1 View Post
1. yes, or at least this is what i was told to do when i was looking for spacers for my CL-S wheels

2. not that i'm aware of

3. with 5mm you should be ok

4. are they worth it to you? how much are they? if you plan on getting new lower offset wheels anyway...i'd just save the money and put it towards the wheels.
Thanks, Jeff. I actually don't think I'll be getting new wheels for at least a year, unless I start getting paid for photography or get my career going, so that's why I kinda wanna do this in the meantime. I should have been more descriptive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteV6penguin View Post
i'm running 15mm H&R you'll be fine with 5mm with no extended studs but anything higher i would put on the studs just so theres no pressure on the stock shorter ones. no vibrations came from mine

i say just keep it as it is now i mean if your gonna get new wheels no point in spending the extra 60 bucks and maybe more if you need to change to extended studs and when you do get the more aggressive wheels your extended studs will need longer lugs without the spacers
Thanks, good to know it doesn't mess up anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy View Post
1. dont know
2. it is fine to ride with spacers.. i have had spacers for 3yrs now and no concern.
3. 5mm u might not 10 you will. 10 u will need extended studs. i have 8mm and regular studs.
4. worth it to get the aggressive look to tryin to get.
Much appreciated, chiefy! What brand spacers are you running? I'm thinking 8mm might suit my needs as well. I didn;t know those even existed. 5mm might be not enough... I'll measure and see. I'm just so glad to hear they're safe, and I might not need extended studs, because then I could just do the install myself.
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:35 PM   #6
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

if I got 5mm for the front and 10mm for the rear, would that throw anything off?? Obviously hubcentric spacers must be safe, because a lot of cars on cardomain use them.
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #7
Vimal (vee-mall)

Send a message via AIM to KnightRyder
ANYBODY using ANY aftermarket wheels should be using hubcentric rings. no question. unless you have RonJon wheels which i think are the only wheels out there for honda/acuras that dont need them because they're designed specially for our cars.
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Super IcyAccord

i got some 25mm spacers. they come w/ lugs pressed in, and they fit over the existing lugs so there is no wheel stud extension necessary
changaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #9
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyder View Post
ANYBODY using ANY aftermarket wheels should be using hubcentric rings. no question. unless you have RonJon wheels which i think are the only wheels out there for honda/acuras that dont need them because they're designed specially for our cars.
Um is this true? I'm supposed to have hubcentric rings with any aftermarket wheel even without spacers?!

I always thought the only time you needed hubcentric rings was if you got spacers that didn't have any hubcentric rings.

Wow, I've been running my G-games for about 10 months now without any hubcentric rings...

http://clublexus.com/forums/the-tire...necessary.html

Thanks, knightryder. Question then becomes, if I get these spacers, will my wheels be centered to the hub and actually run smoother? I've got to tell my friends to get these too. DOH!! What size do I need? Center bore is diff from hub size right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by changaroo View Post
i got some 25mm spacers. they come w/ lugs pressed in, and they fit over the existing lugs so there is no wheel stud extension necessary
I considered these, but they only come in 15mm, 20mm, and 25mm, so I'm not sure I wanna extend that far.
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #10
Super IcyAccord

i havent installed them yet, trying to look for a eastwood fender roller so i can roll my fenders correctly.
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #11
Vimal (vee-mall)

yea i cant remember the exact measurement for my Works but i believe the inner diameter should match the stock hub which i think is 64mm and the outer diameter should match the size of the opening on the wheel which for me was 71 or 70mm i cant remember.

btw, project kics has a 10mm spacer with the studs already in there like changaroo was saying, but it costs more than the ichiba ones. also you need to look at the inside of you wheel to make sure they're compatible with these kinds of spacers. you basically need to see if there is space for the protruding stock studs to fit a little bit into the wheel. i dont have a pic of what im talking about but maybe someone else does.
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #12
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
yea i cant remember the exact measurement for my Works but i believe the inner diameter should match the stock hub which i think is 64mm and the outer diameter should match the size of the opening on the wheel which for me was 71 or 70mm i cant remember.

btw, project kics has a 10mm spacer with the studs already in there like changaroo was saying, but it costs more than the ichiba ones. also you need to look at the inside of you wheel to make sure they're compatible with these kinds of spacers. you basically need to see if there is space for the protruding stock studs to fit a little bit into the wheel. i dont have a pic of what im talking about but maybe someone else does.
I couldn't find the hub size for my wheel but the G-games 99b are 73.1 at the same size as my wheel, so I'm guessing my hub ring should be 73.1 to 64.1. I saw those project kics spacers, and they'd be a lot more for four than Ichiba would, but I still might consider them. My wheels have universal 5-lug holes...

Is that what you're talking about? I'm so stupid... I didn't know hubcentric rings were even necessary. That could be the slight noise I hear from the back and front possibly.

Btw, I have open-ended Muteki lug nuts now, not those black ones anymore. That's an older pic.

If I measure to see how big of hub size my wheels have, do I measure the opening at the back?
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:01 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to chiefy
mine are some generic brand man and i use lugs that get in there and grab alot more thread so its safe..

here are the lugs i use got them from a local wheel shop
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #14
★★★★

Quote:
are you spacing your rx8's out 25mm?
MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #15
Super IcyAccord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyPit View Post
are you spacing your rx8's out 25mm?

Old June 9th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #16
FAILLLLLLLL

i believe H&R spacers are have the hub centric ring built in? not sure but theres a lil groove that sticks out a lil
whiteV6penguin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #17
Vimal (vee-mall)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hubce...Q5fAccessories

edit:

^see the indentations, thats what i was talking about, you need that type of wheel to hid the little bit of protruding stock studs

i dont think your wheels will work with the version 2 kind because of the different bolt pattern on those other holes.

Last edited by KnightRyder; June 10th, 2009 at 12:48 AM..
Old June 10th, 2009, 04:22 AM   #18
Super IcyAccord

well hub rings arent too important for the rear, but for the fronts, youd want some :P
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:36 AM   #19
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hubce...Q5fAccessories

edit:

^see the indentations, thats what i was talking about, you need that type of wheel to hid the little bit of protruding stock studs

i dont think your wheels will work with the version 2 kind because of the different bolt pattern on those other holes.
oh yeah?? You're prob right. I might just get 10mm spacers and have someone install longer studs for me. I still have to measure though. So the spacers will go on the hub, then connect to the hubcentric rings, which will connect then to my wheel? Sounds easy enough.

Quote:
well hub rings arent too important for the rear, but for the fronts, youd want some :P
Well I bought a set of four on ebay for $9 shipped. lol Figured brand doesn't really matter, after all it's just an adapter. I bought 73.1mm to 64.1mm. I just wanted to get them and not have to jack the car and measure. If they're the wrong size, then I only wasted $9 and can just get another set. hahaha I'm so lazy.
Old June 11th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #20
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

I measured my gap last night between where the top edge of the tire is now to where it will be close to flush, and it's about 1/2 inch, which is 13mm, so I'm now thinking 15mm spacers in front and back would work best. Do you think I'd experience any difficulty going that far out? It'd then be 18x7.5 +27, and I'm pretty sure back when Steve had his Rays AX 18x7.5 +42, he had 15mm spacers.

I'm just scared I might rub in the rear, and I don't wanna have to roll the fenders, so maybe I should just get 10mm to be more safe. Right now I don't rub unless there's someone heavy in the backseat or something heavy in the trunk, and it only rubs on the outmost part of the tire if it does. Can anyone advise me on this based on how I said it rarely rubs now? I'm running 12k/6k F2 Type I coilovers if that gives you any idea of how stiff the suspension is, and the finger gap is about 1/2 finger (I have small fingers and can't fit a finger in my fender. I also have a SPC rear camber kit, so maybe I'd have to run some neg camber in the rear.
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #21
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

bump. do you guys think there'd be any difference in rubbing if I extend out farther? I mean, if it's at the point of rubbing now but only slightly and when something heavy is in the back, I'm thinking this means the vertical point of the fender is fine and I can go out without rubbing. Does this make sense?
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #22
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

looks like my wheels might actually work with these. Why would it come with two sets of nuts though?
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #23
4.0L

5 nuts per spacer. the nuts are used to hold the spacers on to the outside of the rotors.
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #24
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1 View Post
5 nuts per spacer. the nuts are used to hold the spacers on to the outside of the rotors.
Ohhhhhhhhh I get it.
Old June 20th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #25
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

an idea for my next set of wheels (shining silver Gram Light 57 Maximum)...

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Me...ct_Code=188533

or Advan 51C Connoisseur

http://www.velocitysource.com/catalo...ducts_id=10372

Last edited by Trevendous03; June 21st, 2009 at 07:52 AM..
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:39 PM   #26
San Francisco

Quote:
That's what I've been needing to get.

nf3d0149ab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2009, 10:16 PM   #27
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

I got the $8.50 hubcentric rings off ebay and put them on my wheels and it helped a lot. They don't vibrate as much. They're so cheap, but work well. I ended up with 73.1 to 64.1.

I think I found the new wheels I wanna get. 18x8.5 SSR Professor SP1 in silver or Gram Light 57f or 57s or Axis Circuits made by Rays. Anyone know if 18x8.5 +45 would rub against the strut? I'm mainly looking around for 18x8.5 high 30s or 40 offset, but some wheels don't offer that.

Here's the 57s wheels, but I'm not sure how they'd look on my car... I know this is off topic, but I didn't wanna start a new thread with wheel options.

that car is so clean btw.

Last edited by Trevendous03; June 23rd, 2009 at 09:20 AM..
Old July 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #28

yo i really like those advans... but both look alot alike... nice wheel choices...
Joja Boi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #29
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

thanks! yeah, right now my G-games wheels are very nice, but I want a change, ready to get some darker silver tone going on and wider. I don't think I'll ever do black or bronze, so hyperblack or hypersilver is where it's at for me, possibly gunmetal. I think the Advans would look so smooth on the car, you're right. Reason I'm choosing between these is cause I like nice, simple 5-spoke designs for the most part, just think it looks so much more aggressive with 5 spokes.
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #30
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

ok everyone. I'm gonna save up thousands of dollars to get a totally JDM set of wheels. So what I wanna do in the meantime is get some spacers.

I'm thinking about setting the front wheels out farther than the rear to give more of an aggressive look from the front, and I know I wouldn't have rubbing issues in the front unless I stuck it out really far, but the rear has rubbing on some turns already.

I'm thinking 15mmF Ichiba II/5mmR Ichiba I spacers might work without rubbing and without having to roll the fenders. I really don't wanna have to roll the fenders just yet. Either that or I might get 10mmF Project Kics/No spacer R.

The outside edge of the tire right now is about 13mm from flush with the fender, so I could do either. The rear would not be flush, but at least the front would. Let me know your thoughts. All in all, either of those setups would only run me $175 maximum.

BTW, my spring rates are 12/6, so that's prob why I have slight rubbing in the rear already, but the fronts are pretty stiff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in