Accord V6 Forum banner

Best sussy setup for slammage?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  AngusTEx 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just looking for some new suspension at the moment, which allows me to go really low with half decent handling, although handling and comfort is secondary to being slammed.

I'm currently on stock shocks and Pedders (australian suspension brand) springs, dropped about 1.8" all round. I want to get a negative -1 or -2 (tucked tyre, nearly tucking rim) on a set of 18's, so looking at perhaps 3.5 to 4" drop all round. I was originally buying a set of Koni Yellows and compressed Neuspeed super lows but looks like the deal may fall through so looking at other options now.

I'm located in Australia and therefore have the AUDM CK1 2000 V6 Accord, so are there any issues with fitment of US-spec coilovers?

I'm happy with either a spring/shock combo or a full coilover setup, but price is also a factor as I'm only a student.

Has anyone had experience with the Function & Form Type 1 or 2?

Saw that both were priced well on eBay and shipping to Aus with current dollar isn't too bad either.

So basically, best value suspension setup for epic slammage without going air??

Cheers all! :)

See less See more
#3 ·
I've been running Koni yellows and Ground Control springs for a while now. I love this setup and had it on my crx (sold it since).

The only thing I don't like about full coilovers (I have Apexi WS on my Civic) is that you can't replace the shocks if they go out. Which would be the same with the F2's.

Not sure how low my Accord is, but its pretty low, about 3" - 4" inches from stock, maybe more? Got this from parking next to a stock Accord. With this setup, I could go even lower if I wanted to.

#4 ·
thanks for your replies guys. I like the idea of the Koni Yellows a lot as they are height adjustable and rebuildable if they blow in the future.

@ synergy: thats probably about the ride height i'm after, I want to be really low without being on air or cutting anything haha.

Currently looking at the Neuspeed Koni's as they have an extra two perch adjustments for height, so all up theres 5 levels of height adjustment which is great for a shock/spring combo.

what springs would you guys reccommend for the konis?

#5 ·
I've had great luck with Eibach (that's what the Ground Controls come with). I've used H&R, Neuspeed and Progress on my crx and civic, but I like the fact that the GC's are adjustable.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=515/CA=61

Here are a few pics...it's not "tucking" tires but compared to stock, its pretty low. I also have Ingalls camber kits front and rear.

I'm slowly getting the car back to the way it looked in its prime...lol. Getting the tranny rebuilt, then a paint job and some new wheels should do it. It's the wife's daily, so nothing too crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.