Suggestion for new coilovers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #1
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Suggestion for new coilovers

2 of my Koni yellow blew and I'm looking for a new setup. I had Koni Yellow + H&R Sport for awhile. Been looking around on eBay and I can get a set of Tein SS for about $1140 shipped. Kinda interested in those AMR engineering coilovers but there seems to be a long wait for them from what I read on 6thgenaccord.com. Only thing I keep reading about the Tein SS is it's not low enough. I'm on 18's right now with no finger gap. If I can get the same with the SS, I might go with those. I dont want anything too stiff so I think D2, F&F or those similar coilovers are out of the question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old J30 Dyno result: 262.4whp & 244 wtq
New J30 Dyno result: 277.6whp & 254 wtq
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2010, 01:10 AM   #2
Vimal (vee-mall)

Send a message via AIM to KnightRyder
get the AMRs and tell him the spring rate you want.

if u get the teins, sure you'll be at the height you want NOW but you never now how your taste might change, you may want to go lower in the future but you'll be stuck at the bottom of the tein's range and still not be happy whereas with the AMRs if you ever wanted to go lower, you could.... not to mention AMRs have lifetime warranty!
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #3
Euro accord wannabe

I'm on Tein SS and I'm on the lowest... and it's not that low.... with 18" I still have 1.25" at my front lip...

07 accord ex-l v6 6mt coupe / HFP kit on the way / tein / yakima / TE37
07 accord ex-l v6 sedan
99 accord ex-l v6 / WW kit / tsx retro / Tein SS coils / 08 accord coupe 18"s
aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 29th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #4
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
How do I get the AMR ones? I think you have to contact them to get them made or something which is why some ppl have been waiting a long time to get theres.
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
How do I get the AMR ones? I think you have to contact them to get them made or something which is why some ppl have been waiting a long time to get theres.
you have to call or send andy an email
http://www.amrengineering.com/privacy-policy.html

they're made to order instead of off the shelf. doctor x knows a lot about them
kn0x47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #6
The End.

Send a message via AIM to IcyAccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Call Andy over at AMR and tell him you heard it from Steve on V6P.

Yes, they're custom made to your preference, so you'd have to give him a couple weeks to get it produced. IIRC, they're made here, not some Taiwanese junk that you'd see.

OR you can get Function Forms coilovers.. I've heard recently that Eibach makes springs for them now and have passed their stringent tests on F2's coilovers. And for a company like Eibach to produce springs for someone, that says a lot. And if you guys wanna argue against this.. go call Eibach or HeelToe Automotive (Marcus) about it.

flickr&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
IcyAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #7
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Sent Andy a email. Hopefully it wont take long to get a set. I'm not sure what specs to get them made at. I dont want anything too stiff (it is my DD car) but I also want to be able to crank it up a bit if I take it to the track.
Old April 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #8
Destroyer of Tires

Your Koni Yellows should have a lifetime warranty man, you should see if you can get them fixed. Those are great shocks.

If you're interested in AMR definitely talk to Andy though, he's a really friendly guy who is out there to help us all. Steve likes his coilovers and I've ridden in his car. They are quite sporty but that's because Steve wanted them that way. Andy's quality is pretty much second to none and you could dump your car to the ground if you wanted. I actually placed an order for mine a few weeks ago so hopefully they get here within a month.

Andy should be able to help you with all your needs just as Steve suggested. If you let him know that we recommended you to him I'm sure he'd cut you a deal.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #9
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
Your Koni Yellows should have a lifetime warranty man, you should see if you can get them fixed. Those are great shocks.

If you're interested in AMR definitely talk to Andy though, he's a really friendly guy who is out there to help us all. Steve likes his coilovers and I've ridden in his car. They are quite sporty but that's because Steve wanted them that way. Andy's quality is pretty much second to none and you could dump your car to the ground if you wanted. I actually placed an order for mine a few weeks ago so hopefully they get here within a month.

Andy should be able to help you with all your needs just as Steve suggested. If you let him know that we recommended you to him I'm sure he'd cut you a deal.
I know about the lifetime warranty with Koni yellow but I wasn't the original owner. I got them used. I didn't get reciepts or anything from the guy. So the warranty wouldn't apply I dont think.

Old J30 Dyno result: 262.4whp & 244 wtq
New J30 Dyno result: 277.6whp & 254 wtq
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #10
Destroyer of Tires

Ahh ok. That sucks then! Wouldn't hurt to ask though, maybe they'll be generous.

Old April 29th, 2010, 09:59 PM   #11
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Send a message via AIM to implayaz9 Send a message via Yahoo to implayaz9
call koni and give it a shot.. if u can get em fixed for free why not.. dont mention anything about who is the owner
implayaz9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #12

I ran with Tien SS with no problems.
gangan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #13

just sent andy an email as well. Hope I get a decent deal so I can sell these Apexi WS coilovers. Anyone know if the keys are the same as another coilover setup?
LyttleViet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #14

FF are NOT stiff, they are just FIRM. I have the Type 1's
swollen_cu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #15
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
KW Variant, JIC Magic, or AMR
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #16
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swollen_cu View Post
FF are NOT stiff, they are just FIRM. I have the Type 1's
I have the type 1s too... they're not that stiff. I like how they ride... they just bottom out from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
KW Variant, JIC Magic, or AMR
Good advice right there... my next coilovers will be one of those, but that won't be for a long, long time.

Slammed Club Member #56 (Stage I) | "I like a quiet life, you know me."
DSLR Info | Nikon D700 | Nikkor 16-35 f/4 | Nikkor 35 f/2 | Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8
Nikkor 50 f/1.4G | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 | Nikkor 105 VR Micro | AlienBees
Trevendous03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #17
SSM A-SPEC TL

Smile

I've been doing some research & reading on these AMR engineering coilovers, and finally just emailed them. I hope I can get a good deal on them, I would love to pick them up asap. Anyone care to give inputs on them that has them installed?
accordcoupe_ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #18
4 bangin'

amr, while being great suspension, has nothing asap about them. good luck with that haha.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #19

Isn't AMR just FF with optional spring rates? Thats what I've been reading so far.
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:00 AM   #20
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
^
Not at all... AMR is like a Civic Si as FF Civic DX
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:47 AM   #21
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyttleViet View Post
Isn't AMR just FF with optional spring rates? Thats what I've been reading so far.
They were in a joint operation years ago but differences in where Andy wanted to go versus where Function Form wanted to go led them to go separate ways. Andy runs his own operation and produces his stuff in the United States. Function Form is using Daiyama suspension components.

Andy offers different spring rate options based on your driving style, and valves the shocks accordingly.

What is

Old June 15th, 2010, 03:43 AM   #22

Ah okay.... I may just wait out and get some KW Variant. They seem pretty affordable and in stock. I don't really drive the car much anymore, just need something to get low for shows. Initially I was looking at the FF Type2. Anyone have personal experience with the Tanabe coils?
Old July 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to AMR Engineering
6th gen and 7th gen coilovers are in stock. So if anyone wants a set built ASAP, then it will be no problem. I will just need to order the springs, and set aside the parts for assembly.
AMR Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #24

I recently just bought a 6th gen accord v6 and just got coilovers for it. I know you didnt mention this but I have Megan on my car and its fairly nice! Maybe you can add it to you thinking it list?

Ride quality is pretty good from my butt dyno and the drop is pretty low I can provide pictures if wanted. I didnt "slam it " but its low enough for me and it can go WAY lower. To me I like it stiff so I didnt think it was TOO stiff but I had several friends sat in it and they said its too stiff/rough . Anyways hope that helps in ANY WAYs
sohcv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in