Brand new Tein SS installed but it squeaks - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #1
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Brand new Tein SS installed but it squeaks

I just got my new Tein SS installed. I noticed that there is squeaking coming from the rear driver side when I push down on the car/go over speed bumps. Is that normal for Tein SS? If not, how can I fix this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old J30 Dyno result: 262.4whp & 244 wtq
New J30 Dyno result: 277.6whp & 254 wtq
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #2
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
it probably is not your tein squeaking, but more like a suspension component squeaking as a result of the drop. Maybe an end link or something.

Doctor X had this problem
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #3

I have the same problem too, I checked everything and still squeaks..slam since day one of coils install
gflip456 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 30th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #4
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Turned out to be the rear sway bar bushing. It was super dry. Lubed and squeak is now gone.
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:37 AM   #5
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Russianred
I have a similar issue, but it is a little bit of a clunking, like something is rolling around in my trunk. i checked everything, nothing is rolling around. My endlinks and RSB are intact, and coils are sitting properly on their perches. I also have Tein SS and this has been happening for like 2 weeks now out of nowhere.

Russianred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:12 AM   #6
Boosted

Besides the squeaking sound..How do you like the ride? smooth and oem feelish/not harsh? sorry for off topic question.
1nonlyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Elite Member

Any further thoughts?? Ride is incredible to say the least. It has OEM feel on bumps and hard transitions, even on the stiffest setting, but the balance and steering response is amazing. As soon as a turn is begun, the struts hold and engage their stiffness setting which yields amazing response. Of course the Progress RSB helps with this as well, but the coilovers are overall amazing. I don't care what anyone says about Tein coils, that they are overpriced, played out, "pay-for-name" opinions. The truth is that the SS are great quality in structure, and perfect in performance.

Old August 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
glad to hear that you got it resolved. Did you get a good deal on them somewhere?
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM   #9
Elite Member

CRV_33, who are you talking to, OP or me?

I personally got them for a crackhead deal brand new

Old August 1st, 2010, 07:53 PM   #10
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

I paid 1150 cdn for mine. Cheaper than any price I could find in eBay and it was from a local shop. Didn't have to pay shipping. So far they have been great. Rides really smooth. I had the front set on the lowest and the rear just a little higher to have an even look. Otherwise the rear will be lower than the front if I set the rear to the lowest. Funny thing is his is higher than my Komi yellow ( on lowest perch) and h&r sport setup. Dampers set to 10 all around.
Old August 14th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #11

i have the same problem on my 04 tsx. tein basics slam all the way, sqeaks sometimes.
king_victor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:19 AM   #12

so with your tien on the lowest setting being slammed as much how much finger gap you guys have? from pics ive seen theres always a big gap im not bashing just wondering
killa cali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:02 PM   #13
Don't warp it -Torque it

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa cali View Post
so with your tien on the lowest setting being slammed as much how much finger gap you guys have? from pics ive seen theres always a big gap im not bashing just wondering
I am curious about this also because I am looking to buy the same suspension.
Str8racn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #14
Red FoXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russianred View Post
I have a similar issue, but it is a little bit of a clunking, like something is rolling around in my trunk. i checked everything, nothing is rolling around. My endlinks and RSB are intact, and coils are sitting properly on their perches. I also have Tein SS and this has been happening for like 2 weeks now out of nowhere.
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the rear sway bar end link. It wasn't tightened all the way and would move back and forth making a clunking sound.
aznartist34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in