Suspension - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #1
NotoriousYogi

Suspension

I'm big on competing at car shows. I want to air bag my car but this is my daily driver, I'm 17 and I'm thinking of just getting some full coilover kits. Any suggestion on where I can find decent brand names for a good price?
"DUB 2 Door Import"
"Kandy Apple Accord"
NotoriousYogi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #2
03 Accord 6/6, 09 Audi A4

I purchased Function Form Type 1's for my first ever coil over setup from WekSos industries. They had great prices for the coil over setups available for our 6th gens and fast shipping.....idk what else to recommend or say except doing some research....I.e. Google something.hahaha. GL though. Whichever you choose I'm sure you will be happy with the adjustability of Coilovers.
estradaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Destroyer of Tires

Googling "98-02 Accord coilover" will yield a lot of results. If you want specific results you'll need more info in your initial post than you have. What's your budget? Do you want something sporty or comfy? How low do you want to go? Do you want adjustable compression/rebound? Do you care if they are able to be rebuilt? Do you want a warranty longer than a year?

Anyone can say that they're in the market for coilovers. You have to inform us of whether you're in the market for a $4,000 setup, or a $600 setup.

I imagine that since you're 17, you're probably going for the latter... In that case, look at the cheaper Taiwanese brands. They're cheap, and they will lower your car. I usually never recommend them to anyone because they'll blow out on you eventually, and have terrible compression and rebound characteristics, as well as inconsistent results. If you want to do it right there are options available there as well, but it really just depends on how much you have to spend.

I have learned from personal experience that the saying, "Buy once, cry once" holds true. Ultimately though, it's your money and you can spend it how you like, so we can't make these types of decisions for you. You get what you pay for.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 9th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #4
jsiriusvtec

^I'm due to get my stuff in the mail later today.

Gotta order some other stuff to replace, and I have to wait on a warm day to roll around....but I's is excited.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #5
Destroyer of Tires

Very cool. Glad you went all out and did things the right way.

Old December 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #6
jsiriusvtec

Don't hold me to it, but seems like when you spend about 25-50% more, you get twice the longevity....

P.S. I just got the box open and dam. Christmas came early this year.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #7
Destroyer of Tires

Yeah dude Andy's coilovers look great up close. Very high quality.

Old December 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #8
NC Fresh

...I'm still waiting in mine to be made :-(
iakona08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #9
Needs new paint

Don't worry, they're worth the wait

I thought I was stupid to run them with my -30* Celsius weather, but they ride just like they would in the summer. Yet another reason to spend the cash on quality goods.

OP, if you don't have the extra money lying around and you have a few shows you want to enter soon, just grab the F2 Type 1's and see if they're good enough for you. That way you can lower your car for your upcoming shows. Then if you decide you want to spend more for a higher-end set, you can start saving up or re-sell the Type 1's on here or 6GA to get some of your money back.
av6_sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in