CG2 Chassis Bracing -- Do you guys want these made? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #1
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

CG2 Chassis Bracing -- Do you guys want these made?

I'm posting this on the 2 best sites in the world so we can get as much input as possible:
V6P.net and 6thGA.com

Keep in mind guys, I have only begun to research chassis bracing and posted this topic so all of us can help myself and each other discuss the possibility of chassis bracing for the CG2.

The KMR Chassis Bracing group buy for the 7th gen's sparked my interest.....I have been searching for any chassis bracing for the CG2 chassis. There is None. Well, actually, we have the front strut tower bars and we can upgrade our rear anti-sway bar.

Ultra Racing does make 3 parts for the CG4: Front strut tower bar, mid chassis 4 point and rear anti-sway. I'm guessing since they only made 3 pieces that the CG4 chassis is rigid enough from the factory? I don't know. Therefore, if our CG2 chassis is shorter, would it even require any addt'l pieces other than the front strut tower and rear anti-sway?

I know that for most of the CG2 crew, chassis bracing probably would not be desirable or practical because of how low you guys like to slam them. Since chassis bracing hangs lower than the chassis and reduces ground clearance, I'm sure alot of you slammed guys would scrape, alot. I'm pretty sure most of the scraping would be from a 4-point mid chassis brace, as it would need to clear the exhaust piping.

I'm dropped on EIBACH Sportlines -- 2 inches. So, the possibility of scraping for my set-up would be negligible to minimal. Well, I would hope so.

Keep these 2 questions in mind when you reply and please, I ask that you keep the thread free of clutter:

#1: Does the CG4 chassis actually need any additional bracing?
#2: If we could get Ultra Racing to make pieces for us, would you buy them?
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Super IcyAccord

where would it brace mid chassis?

as far as chassis rigidity goes, from what ive heard, most people whove had the autopower roll bars in their cars have noticed a HUGE improvement in chassis stiffness.

id be interested in chassis braces, IF they wouldnt get destroyed due to ride height.

do you think Ultra Racing would make us roll bars? its pretty much just a hoop with bolt in points to the chassis.
changaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Destroyer of Tires

I think for most of the drivers on here they will never need the extra bracing. Some people that track their cars would probably benefit from it.

Personally I think it would be cool to have but not practical for me haha. It would just be for brownie points, if anything.

Also, I believe Cusco makes a lower bar but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 29th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #4
Vimal (vee-mall)

Send a message via AIM to KnightRyder
ground clearance is going to be a major issue for me so i'll have to think about it.
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #5
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

Cusco does make a bar. Its aluminum, hollow, but supported with ribs inside. I know this, because I grinded a hole through the surface of my cusco bar.

I would be down for some chassis bracing. Ive wanted a mid chassis brace for a while now.
Like Eric stated, when I had my autopower roll bar, there was a large difference in feel of the car. It felt a lot more solid.
99cfENVYv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #6

I'm also interested in stiffening the car up. I'm dropped on S-Techs so I don't think it's going to be an issue...hopefully. <subscribed>
Ofnir107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #7
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by changaroo View Post
where would it brace mid chassis
Not sure. It would mount up using existing bolts/connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changaroo View Post
as far as chassis rigidity goes, from what ive heard, most people whove had the autopower roll bars in their cars have noticed a HUGE improvement in chassis stiffness.

id be interested in chassis braces, IF they wouldnt get destroyed due to ride height.

do you think Ultra Racing would make us roll bars? its pretty much just a hoop with bolt in points to the chassis.

Ultra Racing does not make Roll Bars/Cages like Autopower. I highly doubt they would make a roll bar/cage just for the CG2 market.
Old December 30th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #8
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99cfENVYv6 View Post
Cusco does make a bar. Its aluminum, hollow, but supported with ribs inside. I know this, because I grinded a hole through the surface of my cusco bar.
Ahh, I did not know about this item. Thanks. Is it part# 332 475 A ?

It's listed for a UA5 chassis, Acura TL. But, some parts are interchangeable between the Accord and CL/TL.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM   #9
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

...wanted to update this post with where its going.

I posted in the 7th gen group buy thread by Tiger Tuning and seems we could have the manufacturer do some research. But it's up to the manufacturer to decide, since it's thier cashflow that has to be spent, not ours. I'll update the thread as needed.

Couple of members over on 6thGenAccord.com have also sugested a set of Traction Bars and beefier radius rods, couple to a set of Spherical Bearings/mounts. Yeah, those 2 I had no idea about and would like to do that, but not at this time. That upgrade would need to be handled by another specialty shop. And, I ain't inestigating that one..but it's available it you wanna go that route. Would make it nice for Auto-X, no?

In closing;
post a reply if you would actually want an extra chassis brace made and would actually, truely, make sure 100%, that you would or would be able to buy one -- IF it COULD be made..price not improtant,
but hey. come on. be real.
it would probably be around the same price as the 7th gen stuff.

Last edited by WHEEELMAN; January 3rd, 2011 at 08:11 AM..
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:13 PM   #10
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I'm Alway down on a group buy. I have been auto crossing so i'm down!
skatingclaybird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:17 AM   #11
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

as long as its around the prices of the 7th gen stuff i would buy. But probably only for some bracing in the center of the undercarriage, and Ive never thought of a traction bar, but I might bite on that too.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:37 AM   #12

I'm in
nutnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:52 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
traction bars... !!
Can't you already buy their 4point braces on ebay? I noticed they were ~$150 and up.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:33 AM   #14
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m View Post
traction bars... !!
Can't you already buy their 4point braces on ebay? I noticed they were ~$150 and up.
I saw your link over on 6thga.com It's the Ultra Racing 4 point brace for the CG4(4 door sedan). I don't know if it would mount up to the CG2. it might but we need to verifiy somehow. I'm not in touch with Ultra Racing

** However, there is a member on Acurazine who says the CG2 and YA4 chassis are the same. He has a 4 point brace on order from Ultra Racing, so I will seee if he can do some "mock up" for us and try to confirm. Either one of these just might work for the CG2.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:22 PM   #15
Destroyer of Tires

Gonna have to count me out for anything that mounts under the car. It'll get ripped out in a day lol.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM   #16
Fast at Last!... kind of.

I'm in.
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #17
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

Im definitely in for a traction bar!
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #18
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

where I am at right now:

Trying to find a member in the Chicago area who can help test fit the Ultra Racing lower front 4 point chassis brace that is made for a CL-s(YA4 chassis). I made a seperate thread, and anyone who can help send me a PM.

If this fits, or if the CG4 4-point chassis brace would work, we could then see if mid chassis or rear chassis bracing would be needed.
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #19
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

where did you buy the ya4 4pt brace?
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #20
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99cfENVYv6 View Post
where did you buy the ya4 4pt brace?
HeeltoeAuto.com
Ultra Racing - Manufacturers - HeelToe Automotive

I didn't buy it myself. An Acurazine member has it on order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in