Camber/Wear on Neogens - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #1

Camber/Wear on Neogens

I've been researching new tires, my 6th gen accord is dropped on tein basic coilovers and they are chewing up my tires. I don't know the toe/camber specs since it can't fit on any alignment racks. Anyways I bought some Nitto Neogens because based on the site, those tires are made for negative camber.

My question is what should I set my toe/camber spec at after the alignment?

I know if I get it close to OEM specs, the control arms will hit the strut tower, and if I have some neg camber it wont hit as much or at all, but that in return = uneven wear. Which the neogen should compensate, but how much camber can they tolerate?

I tried searching but all I found was they are great tires.

Thanks
AccordWhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Brad

Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
If your tires are getting chewed up, it's most likely because of your toe specs. The NeoGens are supposed to be better for cambered vehicles, but I doubt they'll really last longer than any other comparable tires. I've had them and didn't notice much of a difference. From the pics I've seen of your car, your camber isn't bad enough to be asking these questions...so just make sure your toe specs are in order and your tires will last noticeably longer. A degree or two of negative camber isn't going to chew up your tires.
bdeitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #3

Lol thanks!

The wear isn't the only issue tho, the control arm hitting the inner strut tower is also the issue and having neg camber reduces that from hitting.

Any recommendations on camber/toe tho, enough to have close to even wear and enough to keep it from hitting?

Old March 25th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Brad

What's your suspension setup? Are your control arms OEM? A little negative camber isn't going to hurt, I doubt you're low enough to be worrying about rapid tire wear. For toe specs, any decent alignment shop will know the specs, and for camber anything between 0 and -2 should be fine.
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #5

Tein basic coilovers, fully dropped in front

Ingals front control arm camber kit, and wicked rear tuning rear camber kit
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #6
Brad

Hmm...if you're using the Ingalls front control arm camber kit and still hitting the strut tower, then your coilovers are bottoming out and they're the issue. That happened to me when I had coilover sleeves a long long time ago, but I'm surprised your TEINs can't handle being lowered all the way. Did you buy them brand new? Are they functioning well otherwise? I would look into getting stiffer springs for your coilovers, so there will be less of a chance of bottoming out. I know Vimal (KnightRyder) ordered new springs for his TEIN coilovers, I'd recommend contacting him to see what he says since he's a little more familiar with that setup than I am.
Old March 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #7

I bought them brand new, i had no clue I could upgrade the springs, the ride is stiffer then stock. I'll msg tho thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in