Modes of Wheel Theft - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2011, 04:31 PM   #1
jsiriusvtec

Modes of Wheel Theft

I'm in the market for wheels....and my town is straight-gutter.

I'm trying to think of all the ways that one might steal rims, in hopes of out-smarting them.

So far I have:

-The oversize socket method-> Gorilla Guard's seem to have that covered.....will a gator-grip socket take these off?

-Removing the non-keyed lugs from each wheel, jacking the car up and dropping it..shearing off the wheel stud on which the lock resides-> install locks on 2-5 studs for each wheel

-Stealing the whole dam car--> I park in a very narrow row of cars, and there is someone entering or leaving the lot most all times of the day....so a tow-truck would not go unnoticed....one of our residents happens to be a cop that pops into the lot randomly and frequently throughout the night

Anybody got any other ideas or suggestions for theft prevention or deterrence?

Am I leaving something out?

Last edited by jsiriusvtec; April 3rd, 2011 at 04:50 PM..
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2011, 04:58 PM   #2

How about a car alarm with a 2 way remote, letting you know when the alarm is tripped... And a louisvilee slugger, to chase the bad guys away.
gbothepro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Needs new paint

Set up a CCTV camera pointed directly at your car. Can get pricey but it's worth it if you buy expensive wheels.

An alternative would be to buy a bunch of used/broken/cheap cameras and mount them all around the lot, and mock up some signs that say "Monitored by CCTV 24/7," or something to that effect. Lol I don't know, just trying to think outside the box.
av6_sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Needs new paint

The 2-way pagers are also nice alarms, but experienced thieves know how to bypass the pager/alarm. Happened to a friend of mine who had a Viper 2-way on his Integra.
av6_sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in