Megan Racing Coilover Sleeves - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #1

Megan Racing Coilover Sleeves

So I have a chance to get these Megan racing coilover sleeves for a real low price from a guy who had drivien only 1500 miles on them, my stock suspention is bad so I need a quick fix and moneys on a budget. Any reviews on these coilover sleeves? I am only planning on dropping the car about .5 of an inch. I will use my stock shocks for a while even though they r bad.
DiceX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Nor Cal Coordinator

ur only gonna drop it .5 thats it??
03TL_TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #3
(つ◕‿◕)つ*.★.*.★.* .★.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceX View Post
So I have a chance to get these Megan racing coilover sleeves for a real low price from a guy who had drivien only 1500 miles on them, my stock suspention is bad so I need a quick fix and moneys on a budget. Any reviews on these coilover sleeves? I am only planning on dropping the car about .5 of an inch. I will use my stock shocks for a while even though they r bad.
save your money, those coilover sleves won't fix your "bad" suspension and will likely make your problem worst. cheapo sleeves + bad shocks = have fun bouncing to the moon.
Red02AccordV6_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 6th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #4

wassup guy i just started to work on my car, and i need to drop it, what would be the cheapest alternative to drop it a few inches, temporarily ofcourse untill i can get tein basics
OscKosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TL_TypeS View Post
ur only gonna drop it .5 thats it??
Reason is due to the offset on my wheels and the roads aren't the best on my commute everyday. So if I could get the coilovers for $40, that wouldn't be a good deal, what if I got new shocks with these sleeves? What are other alternatives
Old April 6th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #6
Nor Cal Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscKosh View Post
wassup guy i just started to work on my car, and i need to drop it, what would be the cheapest alternative to drop it a few inches, temporarily ofcourse untill i can get tein basics
nothing dont waste your money if ur going to get coils... way to jack his thread LOL
Old April 6th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #7
Nor Cal Coordinator

Quote:
Reason is due to the offset on my wheels and the roads aren't the best on my commute everyday. So if I could get the coilovers for $40, that wouldn't be a good deal, what if I got new shocks with these sleeves? What are other alternatives
just get new shocks or save your money up until u can afford coil overs.. U know how many people say there roads are crappy a .5 drop really wont do anything for your car might as well just leave it stock..

I see guys with ****ty roads esp NY that are driving dumped!! but what ever floats ur boat just get those and change out for Koni, Tokico etc etc
Old April 6th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #8

Quote:
nothing dont waste your money if ur going to get coils... way to jack his thread LOL
lol sorry, i just stated i was new, i figure its a general discussion about the topic! ill leave now before i cause more damage lol
Old April 6th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #9
Nor Cal Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscKosh View Post
lol sorry, i just stated i was new, i figure its a general discussion about the topic! ill leave now before i cause more damage lol

I was just effin with u

But no in all serious I wouldnt even waste the money buying springs if ur getting coils soon or when ever ur getting ur basics... use that money to get a camber kit
Old April 6th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #10

My oem springs are sagging and the back of the car already dips, won't the Megan coils help alittle, it's just for a daily driver and if I can I will be lowering more then .5 I'll try to see what's te best height for the wheels I have I just want to close the finger gap a bit. So $40 for them? R they better then oem springs that are already worn down?
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #11

Quote:
I was just effin with u

But no in all serious I wouldnt even waste the money buying springs if ur getting coils soon or when ever ur getting ur basics... use that money to get a camber kit
Lol I wassent too sure; I'm saying camber kits aren't that expensive I just need to drop my car and I need to last about a year; in the past couple months I've spent 3x what I payed for the car in body/paint work, rims, etc ; so if Tokico HP and eBay coilovers would last that long I'm for it
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #12

buy my koni yellow shocks/struts!

cheapo ebay coilover sleeves are a no no. you bounce around like a low rider. haha. i should know. i had them for a long time.
757Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Accord View Post
buy my koni yellow shocks/struts!

cheapo ebay coilover sleeves are a no no. you bounce around like a low rider. haha. i should know. i had them for a long time.
Haha I figured they don't look that great; are they adjustable? And how much are you asking?
Old April 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #14

Quote:
My oem springs are sagging and the back of the car already dips, won't the Megan coils help alittle, it's just for a daily driver and if I can I will be lowering more then .5 I'll try to see what's te best height for the wheels I have I just want to close the finger gap a bit. So $40 for them? R they better then oem springs that are already worn down?
Any imput, and a person locally is selling these
Old April 7th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #15
Nor Cal Coordinator

^ Do you want to bounce around.. because with those u more than likely will.

My suggestion would be to save your money and not get those save just for some lowering springs then and a new set of shocks Tokico, Koni, Blisten ETC... Tokico Blues will probably be your best bet since they are the cheaper then the rest that I listed or get coils sometimes u can find a good deal for about 350-450, or u can get F&F for about 545 brand new..
03TL_TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #16
Needs new paint

I wouldn't bother with the sleeves.. honestly, you might think it would be an improvement over what you have now for the first week or so. But cheap suspension just opens the door to more troubles in the long run, which means more money going to premature repairs/maintenance. It's like sticking a used band-aid on a wound.

If you don't want to wait and just want to fix the ride quality, go for the Tokico Blues or even some OEM-replacement shocks. Keep in mind you'll likely be spending anywhere from $140 to $200. I would rather save up a bit more and buy Koni Yellows though. One of the best dampers out there for the money.
av6_sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #17

save up some more and buy my tein ss with OEM top hat for 450 LOL
antransj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:37 PM   #18

So one of my buds figured i was too high. Hahah rolling around on 18's so he gave me his 1month used H&R sport shocks. debating if i should just put my stocks on with these or you guys think it'll be fine with my 18's. feedback please.
6thGenJED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #19

to be honest just save up. get something new.
all.i.see is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #20

I figured I want to save up and get tein h-tech, but what shocks/struts should I use?
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:02 AM   #21

oh you want to go that route? I meant save for coilovers. But if I went that route then what I would do is just research struts and shocks individually or combos that people are running and get feedback on them then choose.
all.i.see is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2011, 01:54 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to D3SI786 Send a message via Yahoo to D3SI786
dude i have them they suck!!! im almost at a point where my oil pan is going to crack and break thats how bouncy they are im already driping oil from oil pan!! they suck other members are rite they are not worth it
D3SI786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #23

I suggest saving your money and investing in better coilovers or a legit spring/shock combo.
vu714 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #24

i love my tein ss coilovers with upper pillow mounts and EDFC unit. my full kit is for sale in the classifieds on here soon
archangelnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in